Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire needs to be nerfed or adjusted

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
In pvp fire is completely broken, Especially in 1v1. If someone go second to a fire its almost a automatic lost because fire has spells that's basically uncounterable. Firebeetle, efreet, rampage, brimstone, hephateus and etc. How do you fight or defend against a school that can do almost anything? What is more wrong is that efreet is a level 58 spells but its 100% better than most spells in higher level

I'm asking for the school to be more balanced

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Not to mention the fact that fire has out damage storm by a long shot with access to dot? Are the KI developers aware of this. The one thing they didn't wanted to give storm fire has it all.The one nerf to fire should be efreet in no way by any means should a spell do 860 base power with a -95 weakness or any weakness in that. That spell should be fixed immediately and so does burning rampage and lore master at that.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
angellifeheart on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
Not to mention the fact that fire has out damage storm by a long shot with access to dot? Are the KI developers aware of this. The one thing they didn't wanted to give storm fire has it all.The one nerf to fire should be efreet in no way by any means should a spell do 860 base power with a -95 weakness or any weakness in that. That spell should be fixed immediately and so does burning rampage and lore master at that.
So you have a problem with efreet, but not a problem with bad juju, earthquake, etc. Storm is practically the same, but with a 5 pip spell that does a base of 1.2k dmg roughly. I think this is more of a problem of being beaten by fire wizards a lot.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
wakaflame201 on Mar 7, 2019 wrote:
In pvp fire is completely broken, Especially in 1v1. If someone go second to a fire its almost a automatic lost because fire has spells that's basically uncounterable. Firebeetle, efreet, rampage, brimstone, hephateus and etc. How do you fight or defend against a school that can do almost anything? What is more wrong is that efreet is a level 58 spells but its 100% better than most spells in higher level

I'm asking for the school to be more balanced
Fire beetle is uncounterable from second, your best bet is to have fire ward and hope that they dont shrike because if a fire is first in shrike you can't win.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fred Frost on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
Fire beetle is uncounterable from second, your best bet is to have fire ward and hope that they dont shrike because if a fire is first in shrike you can't win.
Thats the problem with this game now, i remember before darkmoor came out pvp was to be creative, build strategies that arent broken but provide a winning chance when prepared. Now you have to play a certain similar play style like everyone else who pro's pvp other wise you lose. Forcing people to get pay to win gears or max ward pets etc isn't a healthy play style for pvp but no one cares but as long as it works for them their ok with it.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Fred Frost on Mar 10, 2019 wrote:
i have to strongly disagree because have 72 resist to fire ice and balance and mc fortify. I fought a fire and all he had to was fire beetle 2 times which they stacked different with a fire bubble, He then use a rampage into a ffa which killed with me ease. Ward is barely a liable defense against fire because their damage and effects far exceeds most school.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Mar 9, 2019 wrote:
So you have a problem with efreet, but not a problem with bad juju, earthquake, etc. Storm is practically the same, but with a 5 pip spell that does a base of 1.2k dmg roughly. I think this is more of a problem of being beaten by fire wizards a lot.
bad juju got completely nerfed to the ground, Earth has reasonable damage and we have spells that protect against it. Efreet's over 1100 with a 90% weakness ,which because fire beetle it gives lead way to another hit that can kill you even if you predict it. Also this meta in pvp Fire is way above storm in damage unless you count the chance spells using possibility like bolt and insane. Not to mention; fires are hitting and buffing their hits at the same time for as low 2-4 pips. Rampage enchanted also does more damage than stormzilla which is completely sad. Also there is no counter for trap stack, like with blades and shields.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
wakaflame201 on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
bad juju got completely nerfed to the ground, Earth has reasonable damage and we have spells that protect against it. Efreet's over 1100 with a 90% weakness ,which because fire beetle it gives lead way to another hit that can kill you even if you predict it. Also this meta in pvp Fire is way above storm in damage unless you count the chance spells using possibility like bolt and insane. Not to mention; fires are hitting and buffing their hits at the same time for as low 2-4 pips. Rampage enchanted also does more damage than stormzilla which is completely sad. Also there is no counter for trap stack, like with blades and shields.
Fire is normally 895 damage without enchanting. This is definitely not more powerful than storm spells. A Catalan with an enchant is almost as powerful. What about leviathan or storm owl? You can use a shift for rampage, and when you are efreeted you can use sacrifice to do minimal damage toward a high heal. Stormzilla is a 5 pip spell. Efreet is an 8 pip spell. What do you think?

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
Fire is normally 895 damage without enchanting. This is definitely not more powerful than storm spells. A Catalan with an enchant is almost as powerful. What about leviathan or storm owl? You can use a shift for rampage, and when you are efreeted you can use sacrifice to do minimal damage toward a high heal. Stormzilla is a 5 pip spell. Efreet is an 8 pip spell. What do you think?
Efreet is 895 unenchanted with a 90% weakness that basically cancels out any incoming hit, add a 300 enchant 895+300=1195. Catalan is 700 damage with 25% mantle which most pvp players run 30-40 acc. Rampage is 70 then 700 damage which makes it stronger than Catalan (both 5 pips). Rampage is uncounterable from second and if you do triage or shift, because of spells like fire beetle you're still open for a mass hit or possible one shot. Elf (100+210 =310 base ), which does more damage than lighting bats(245-285 base). Leviathan and storm owl are very powerful but efreet gives fire more of a advantage because it completely cancels the damage of any spell to 3 digits or less. Which would mean efreet is the best of both worlds.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I think you can not compare fire to storm, fire can trap stack for days and burning rampage is uncounterable from second.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
angellifeheart on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
You are wrong about loremaster is a really rare card to get farming loremaster so if a lvl 45 balance got it they got really lucky getting it.

Loremaster should stay the same, how about put brimstone with a add buff like smoke screen so it will kinda be like Loremaster.

Samantha

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Fire is a powerful attack school, but I notice the more damage any wizard has, the less resist they have.

I don't think Fire needs to be nerfed. just have to be able to get lucky with my draws and try to outsmart them.

Yes, going second is hard against any school.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
The simple way to neutralize weakness (barring having a cleansing spell that removes negative charms) is to carry a wand or pet that gives attacks of a school you are not blading. For example, being a Myth wizard with one of the peppermentalist wands that give 3 fire and 3 ice attack cards, or that blue piggle that grants life wand attacks.

The efreet weakness is not school-specific, but universal, so that will burn it off at a cost of 1 turn.

Incoming Fire spells can be creatively thwarted by usage of a pet with maycast abilities rather than general wards. There are talents to cast Triage, Legion Shield, Tower Shield, and various school-specific shields which save you turns and cards.

Worried about stacked fire traps? Carry Immolate in your side deck. You do take some damage, much like using Dark Pact, but it is Fire damage and the base of 250 is much smaller than the spells you are worrying about.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 22, 2019 wrote:
Fire is a powerful attack school, but I notice the more damage any wizard has, the less resist they have.

I don't think Fire needs to be nerfed. just have to be able to get lucky with my draws and try to outsmart them.

Yes, going second is hard against any school.
If you are referring max level fire then you need to do a little bit of homework. I have a fire with 140% damage boots with 59% resist and 37% pierce.Which to be honest is very completely utterly broken via having access to spells like burning rampage and efreet. FFA already does 1100-1300 base damage(1300-1600) epic enchanted now you add your damage without critical considering you just landed a wide open ffa one someone with 40-50% percent resist, you are certainty taking out a serious chunk of health for little to no effort at all. Hence why fire is on the top 3 spot right now in this meta.
You have a better winning chance if you play right with fire than any other school in any position except against ur own school. I dont have a problem with damage i think pierce is way to high and resist as well but you add that with spells that gives a ton of utility to diversify power spike, thats when it becomes a problem.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Jasmine3429 on Mar 12, 2019 wrote:
I think you can not compare fire to storm, fire can trap stack for days and burning rampage is uncounterable from second.
At this point in the meta its pointless to make any compassing between fire and storm in that you are correct. Fire excels at everything more than storm does that's why i used insane bolt which is a go kys to storms from k i.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
The problem is not damage alone, but having damage and access to utility damage spells. Comparing a catalan vs rampage is on 2 different ball game. No one can predict triage or shift from second. Secondly if you add a blade on both storm and fire going first and your opponent set shields the same round -75% you will do less damage with a storm and almost twice the max damage with fire, because it by pass shields as all dot does. Secondly Efreet should not have any effect at all for a spell that does 895 base damage. If it does then it should have a -25% mantle and not weakness which would offer more chance of counter play and deny fire school to rely on such a powerful cheese spell to win a game. The same can be said for lore master. Either you increase the pips to 5 or you remove the mantle keep the weakness but reduce the damage to 400 base. That's called balancing.