Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing main questline

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
My first character from back in 2009 is stuck in Krokotopia. I stopped playing him back then and haven't played for about 4 years but I've recently given the game a go again, and it's pretty fun. The one thing I really want to solve is this character.

I don't remember how things went back then but what I do know is that I have the "Hero of Krokotopia" badge, so I did seem to complete that questline. However, I do not have access to Marleybone. I have tried to backtrack all over the place, but first, I do not have access to the Tomb of Storms, and I do not have access to both the Vault of Ice and Emperor's Retreat in the Entrance Hall.

I really don't know where I went wrong back then but I cannot seem to find the missing questline NPC that is holding my character back.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am still running around trying out different places of interest. The one area I haven't run around yet is the Tomb of Storms, I'll be looking for a taxi there.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Could of things that come to mind and hopefully will help.

1. Look at your existing quests and see if any of them have 's next to the name of the quest. If so, that's the storyline quest.

2. Use "Quest Finder" to see if there are any quests to pick up. Do that in both Krokotopia and in Wizard City.

If neither of those help, then it's time to contact support so they can address the issue for you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

About your issue, there's a few things you can do:

Use the Quest Finder - Have you tried using the quest finder? Its located on the final page within your quest log.
It can be used to point you to the direction the closest quest is. Using it may lead to where you last left off.

Try using the Krokotopia Quest Tree - The quest tree can also be used in helping you to backtrack any quest you may have missed. Try using it.

Contact support - Finally, another option that you can try is contacting the support team. Contacting them, outlining the issue has you have here may yield fruitful rewards in that they may be able to get you back on the right track.

support@wizard101.com

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
sekots on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
My first character from back in 2009 is stuck in Krokotopia. I stopped playing him back then and haven't played for about 4 years but I've recently given the game a go again, and it's pretty fun. The one thing I really want to solve is this character.

I don't remember how things went back then but what I do know is that I have the "Hero of Krokotopia" badge, so I did seem to complete that questline. However, I do not have access to Marleybone. I have tried to backtrack all over the place, but first, I do not have access to the Tomb of Storms, and I do not have access to both the Vault of Ice and Emperor's Retreat in the Entrance Hall.

I really don't know where I went wrong back then but I cannot seem to find the missing questline NPC that is holding my character back.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am still running around trying out different places of interest. The one area I haven't run around yet is the Tomb of Storms, I'll be looking for a taxi there.
We get the Hero of Krokotopia after we defeat Krokopatra in the Temple of Storms. After defeating her we go to see the Ghost of Krokhotep (Tomb of Storms), who sends us to speak to Sergeant Major Talbot in the Oasis.

Sergeant Major Talbot sends us to see Private Kinchley in Wolfmister Abbey (Marleybone).

I'd try to speak to the Ghost of Krokhotep and Sergeant Major Talbot to see if they have anything for me. Try to interact with them even if they don't have anything above their head - if there is a glitch it might not show but they may still speak with you

This should unlock Marleybone. Good luck!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2017
I have 4 wizards. 3 of the 4 have lost their main quest. they just disappeared. One minute they are there and the next minute they're not. I need this resolve cause there is no point playing without them.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's a little difficult to really assist here when you provided no information about your last quest location.

Providing this can really help us to help you map out what exactly to do.

An option however is to:

Contact Support: Similarly to us, support may require additional information about your quest or last quest/wizard location.

support@wizard101.com

Another option is to use the quest finder. The quest finder can also assist in backtracking quest(s) you may have missed.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
robertlionrider on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
I have 4 wizards. 3 of the 4 have lost their main quest. they just disappeared. One minute they are there and the next minute they're not. I need this resolve cause there is no point playing without them.
Oh no, that's very bad luck to have lost it on 3/4 of them! Don't worry though, we will help you find them!

The main quest is put at the beginning of our quest log and has stars on it to indicate it's a main story line. When we speak to an NPC and they offer us a quest we can tell if it a main quest because it shows the stars and side quests give us the option to 'decline' the quest.

Go to the last area you remember being in and use the quest finder (last square in the quest log) to check out any quests nearby. Check the commons area of the world you're in too - we're often sent back there and this is frequently the point where a quest line is lost.

Another thing you can try is doing a search online for the quest tree eg W101 Krokotopia Quest Tree. This will show you the quests and you can look at the story line quests to see what you remember and work out where abouts you were. Clicking on the quest will show you all the details, including the quest giver. Talking to the NPC who gives the quest will get you back on track.

Another place I check is Merle Ambrose and also my school teacher in Ravenwood. I'm not sure why but these seem to be places the quests sometimes get lost. Avoid logging out part way through speaking to an NPC as well, make sure you've gone through their full chat and accepted or declined the quest.

If we've totally forgotten where in a world we were questing we can use the badges gained in that world to work out approximately where we were too, either before or after specific badges. Using the badges and the quest tree (eg krokotopia) we can narrow down the area and NPCs to try.

These are the quickest ways to recover our main quest, but if we still can't find it we can email support@wizard101.com and let them know which wizards have lost their quest. Give your username too, do not give your password and they will find them for you. It may take 1-2 days for this, which is why it's best to exhaust alternative methods first

I hope this helps

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Try using the "Quest Finder" to see if it will find you the next story line quest to work on. You may need to enable it in your wizard's settings first.

If that doesn't work, contact Wizard101 support via email about the issue.