Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for Warlords

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Hello! I am leveling a fire for high level pvp but I can't decide what level to stop at. My choices are between 100, 120, and 130. I don't think there's a difference between 120 and 130 as far as queue times, matchup quality etc, but I see tons of 120's on the leaderboards and not many 130's. This may be because people just don't want to level 10 times for a fairly minimal stat boost, but correct me if i'm wrong and there's a strategical reason for it. The main question is, is exalt pvp better than max pvp, or the other way around? I'm open to all opinions and reasons including stat advantages, quality of matches, queue time speed, etc. Any and all suggestions are welcome but please only comment on this if you have a warlord/1k+ rank as my goal is to reach 1.5k rank. Thank you!

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
It’s mostly for optimum matchups. Starting pvp as a private at 120 it won’t make a difference. However once you get to captain/commander/warlord pvp would become increasingly difficult at 130. At level 120, you also get faster queue matchups because the game believes it’s acceptable to pair you with level 130’s that have between 500-650 rank which are generally easier matchups if you’re willing to take the level disadvantage which most are. I’ve gotten to warlord on my 110 Myth character by bullying level 120-130’s who have between 500-800 rank which means they are less experienced. Occasionally I’ll go against an exalted player who has about 1,500 rank or another 110 which has similar rank to me (1000), but it makes it easier because as a level 110 myth I’m willing to take a level disadvantage against an opponent since I already received by good shadow pip spell at 108. If you already got your good shadow pip spell at level 100 in darkmoor then exalted is generally better (so life, fire, balance, and ice). However if you get your good shadow pip spell at 108 (myth, death, and storm) either 110 or 120 is better