Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ETA on when krokotopia is getting its upgrade?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
so i have to say wizard city looks great with the new models and textures (i forget whether ALL of wizard city got it though) and i was wondering if any information has been released about krokotopia, i have to say all the areas need that kind of update.

especially in the pyramid, in the hall with the crates on the sidewalk, those crates should ether be smaller or have the street wider as they are in the way and gets wizards into un wanted combat, however if this is the intent then i understand

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I suspect that Krokotopia will be next in line once the re-vamp of Wizard City finishes (currently, it is now at Olde Town).

The three streets (and all turn offs [Haunted Cave, Dark Cave etc.] along with Colossus Boulevard) are still outstanding.

But I do concur with you and I feel that it is the designers intentions to continue this update right throughout the spiral.

I'm more curious to see how the re-vamp will look at areas such as Mooshu and Khrysalis.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
Star Edward on Feb 24, 2019 wrote:
I suspect that Krokotopia will be next in line once the re-vamp of Wizard City finishes (currently, it is now at Olde Town).

The three streets (and all turn offs [Haunted Cave, Dark Cave etc.] along with Colossus Boulevard) are still outstanding.

But I do concur with you and I feel that it is the designers intentions to continue this update right throughout the spiral.

I'm more curious to see how the re-vamp will look at areas such as Mooshu and Khrysalis.

well i will have to agree that mooshu needs the update more so then krokotopia, as the areas look vary samey, besides the themed area with all the graveyards, plus whatever the "sidewalk" is is not well defined, i can see it as giving more challenge by making you go into the road, showing you how dangerous it can be

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I'm really excited about the revamps too! I admit when I knew they were doing Wizard City I wasn't very bothered because I already thought it was lovely...then they did it and I was blown away! I totally LOVE it! I had no idea how much work they were putting into it or how much would change...or how beautiful it would be!

Now I am really excited about further revamps throughout the Spiral

They take a lot of time and work. It's impressive that KI are doing this alongside the regular updates and releases rather than doing it instead of new things. I really appreciate that

It would be cool to get a hint of when to expect the next sections they've been working on. It feels a little like when I was a child waiting for Christmas but too young to understand the concept of time properly - it's very exciting and suddenly gets even more exciting when the advent calendar appears and you really feel it getting nearer

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I suspect the Revamps will continue to Celestia before they stop. I wonder what they will look like. Especially Celesta, it's one of my favorites.

Survivor
May 02, 2012
I'm honestly doubting if they'll update any more graphics at this point.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jack Tundersword on Mar 5, 2019 wrote:
Why do you say that?

Steven Ghoststalker

Administrator
Jack Tundersword on Mar 5, 2019 wrote:
Actually, we are updating more graphics :).

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck on Mar 5, 2019 wrote:
Any ideas as to the time-frame this will be done to the live realm or introduced there?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Good! I'm really hoping it'll slightly exceed the graphical styles seen in newer worlds, 'cause the updated models should have individually animated fingers, tongues, eyeballs, etc. to display more emotion and expressive than ever, instead of many textures being part of models that aren't animated with less emotion. And, perhaps accurate lip-synching with the voice recordings. Just suggesting.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
You are?! I wonder what they'll look like!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yay!

Clues? Time frame?

S Gs

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I love MooShu the way it is.

If they redo it I hope they do not take away the loooooong roads and do not make them more narrow.

Flying down those roads, or rather hovering and gliding, (on a winged mount) is a pure delight.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2019 wrote:
I love MooShu the way it is.

If they redo it I hope they do not take away the loooooong roads and do not make them more narrow.

Flying down those roads, or rather hovering and gliding, (on a winged mount) is a pure delight.
"revamping" them doesn't mean they're going to be remaking the area and changing things
they're just updating the graphics, the whole area is going to stay the same as far as where roads are and how long it takes to get there etc, so don't worry about that

it'll just make it prettier and less "blocky" or "pixely" looking

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"it'll just make it prettier and less "blocky" or "pixely" looking"
It doesn't look like that to me, though, is what I was saying. But I was also saying that I hope the things I listed about it won't be changed or taken away.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2017
I will say, KI has done an amazing job on these new textures! I recently started playing again and it was a welcome surprise to load up the game and see that! I love how the professors have speaking animations and it makes it look really really nice! I also enjoy the revamped overland music— it feels very whimsical! As a kid-turned-adult who has played since 2009, I can safely say that KI has done a great job updating their IP without taking a blow to the nostalgia. Now if you guys just started advertising on TV or YouTube, y’all’d be all set! :P

That said, I have one -minor- issue I’d like to state...

My only concern with a revamp of Krok is a change in the battle theme. It’s easily one of my favorite themes in ANY video game, and after hearing the new WC battle theme I’m a little worried. The mastering on the Krok track is already fantastic... and in comparison the WC battle sounds hardly like it used to prior. That or I just can’t hear it under the slightly-muddied mix. @-@
Just worried the same will happen to Krok and it’s such a nostalgic piece to me from all the way back as a kid in 2010. Just take care not to muddy down the percussion and orchestra hits and keep the wind flourishes audible. ;w;