Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

types of creatures can get with monstrology spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
I have been fan of the monstrology since it started (I am now promethian level monstrologist). However, is there a list that breaks down exactly what kind of creatures each monstrology spell can be used on? ... example: "extract imp" = can it be only used for imp creatures? or for any imps, goblins, hobgoblins, etc. (small imp like creatures).

Some these monstrology spells would buy and use, if I knew exactly what kind of creatures they can be used on? ... or does the spell name mean it can only be used on that exact type of creature ... example; "extract gobbler" = I thought it meant it could be used against any gobblers and any greenskinned like creatures (like trolls, orcs, etc) ... when I realized it could not, I wished to delete the "extract gobbler" spell from my spell book (unfortunately I do not know how to delete such from my spell book, or if its even possible).

As said, I am fan of monstrology, I just wish had more options of different spell types to buy and use ... but in meantime, I just wait to see what new spell types show up, hoping to find one that I may like (and use to create house guests to fit theme on one my properties, or to use to create a themed monster spells for monstrodome...like all dragon bosses theme one working on now).

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
Hear, Hear! I want to get Terrorwing Enforcers as House Guests at my Dragon's Fjord, but the Wyrm card doesn't extract animus from them. Until I get a better grasp of this, I am spending my time collecting Summon Treant cards from Dragonspyre. I noticed that the Green Man monsters in Wysteria can be collected using the Treant card. But like you, I want a list that can tell me which card to use for which monsters. Especially useful for players who are trying to populate their Monstrodomes with a challenging selection to play around with.

As I considered posting this, I also realized that it would be cool to get rhinoceros House Guests for my Pyramid of the Lost Horizon, you know those guys from Azteca. There's already an Extract Parrot card, so I guess I can start there, but which card would I use to extract animus from the Rhinoceros monsters?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Hello, wraxitiorre and megan soulstalkar!

As an avid Monstrology enthusiast myself (Roughly 130 House Guests and counting), I'll happily tell you that you can find a full list of current collectable creatures at Wizard101 Central. Here's a link!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:MonstrologicalCreatureLocatorTable

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
Awesome, thanks! The Terrorwing isn't listed, but the Decayed Blackguard should work. I got an Undead Draconian for my Death House, but the undead look isn't quite right for my other houses.

...And so, I'm off to Dragonspyre for Animus hunting!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
wraxtiorre on Mar 13, 2019 wrote:
Awesome, thanks! The Terrorwing isn't listed, but the Decayed Blackguard should work. I got an Undead Draconian for my Death House, but the undead look isn't quite right for my other houses.

...And so, I'm off to Dragonspyre for Animus hunting!
Fair travels to you, and may you cram your home with House Guests until you can't anymore! (Seriously, they count towards the Pet limit, so be watchful!)

Community Leader
Unfortunately, the spells are limited to the creature it is aimed at. However, it is interesting that Extract Pig also covers boars. As for a list, you can also use the ones on Final Bastion :)
https://finalbastion.com/w101-monstrology-guides/

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
Cody RavenTamer, my solution is to pack my Monstology Deck with all-hit cards like Deer Knight. I'm also getting into the habit of farming Animus to make Summon Monster cards, especially useful when you need a minion of a specific school (and one that has nearly as many Health points as your character does. I find that the Tormented Treants from Avalon are helpful, but I am now looking for Myth monsters that can be summonable. (Hint: I am prepping for the Kaliklak fight).

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
wraxtiorre on Mar 23, 2019 wrote:
Cody RavenTamer, my solution is to pack my Monstology Deck with all-hit cards like Deer Knight. I'm also getting into the habit of farming Animus to make Summon Monster cards, especially useful when you need a minion of a specific school (and one that has nearly as many Health points as your character does. I find that the Tormented Treants from Avalon are helpful, but I am now looking for Myth monsters that can be summonable. (Hint: I am prepping for the Kaliklak fight).
Good idea! AoE cards are very good for Animus collecting. And Summon Monster Cards are a hidden gem, use them!