Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5th age pvp ideas guaranteed to help the game

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Hey kingsisle, I have a few suggestions for 5th age pvp that will help improve the game and give players what they want while keeping the players that like the system how it is now happy. With the wizard city revamp the arena has gotten 4 times bigger, leaving room for more pvp koisks. What if there were different pvp ranked modes such as a turn based mode, a normal mode(how it is now), a quick match mode, a classic mode, and a no shadow pips mode. With these modes would also come leader boards for each mode(this is optional) but there would be a turn based leader board, quick match leader board and so on. Tournaments are popular because of their diversity and making these ranked modes be an option would please quite a few players. This idea would bring old players back to the game that left because they dont like shadow pips. But it would also keep the normal pvp mode with shadow pips. This is a win win for kingsisle, this will please everyone! Please consider these ideas kingsisle, I want to see the game keep growing and pvp I assume is a big part of keeping the game growing and keeping players playing. I know I and quite a few of my friends would have stopped playing the game if it wasnt for pvp. It keeps people busy while waiting for a new world that only comes out once a year. Once again please take into account these ideas, I think they would help the game! Thanks for your time.

Fred Waterflame/Brandon Fairy

Survivor
Jul 12, 2014
What would be the point of regular tournaments then...

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Great idea! when they decide to balance pvp first and fix every major incompetence in pvp then i would gladly approve a multi base rank system.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2014
pvp will remain broken until they fix the match up system

Survivor
Nov 15, 2018
I like it. That would help benefit everyone.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Fred Frost on Jan 29, 2019 wrote:
Hey kingsisle, I have a few suggestions for 5th age pvp that will help improve the game and give players what they want while keeping the players that like the system how it is now happy. With the wizard city revamp the arena has gotten 4 times bigger, leaving room for more pvp koisks. What if there were different pvp ranked modes such as a turn based mode, a normal mode(how it is now), a quick match mode, a classic mode, and a no shadow pips mode. With these modes would also come leader boards for each mode(this is optional) but there would be a turn based leader board, quick match leader board and so on. Tournaments are popular because of their diversity and making these ranked modes be an option would please quite a few players. This idea would bring old players back to the game that left because they dont like shadow pips. But it would also keep the normal pvp mode with shadow pips. This is a win win for kingsisle, this will please everyone! Please consider these ideas kingsisle, I want to see the game keep growing and pvp I assume is a big part of keeping the game growing and keeping players playing. I know I and quite a few of my friends would have stopped playing the game if it wasnt for pvp. It keeps people busy while waiting for a new world that only comes out once a year. Once again please take into account these ideas, I think they would help the game! Thanks for your time.

Fred Waterflame/Brandon Fairy
Excellent ideas, Fred Frost! I love it! Along with no Shadow Pips, I would also like to suggest a mode with the following restrictions:

No Criticals

No Enchantments

No Transformations or Polymorphs

No Pets

No Maycasts of any kind

The option to "Ban" certain gear deemed OP by the general community. (Such as Malistaire gear, Paradox gear, etc.) Or just simply have it ban most "no auction" gear.

You could enable any of these modes in any combination you want, and matchmaking would only pair you against others who have the same restrictions. I think implementing a system like this would be amazing for PvP, and make us actually pay some of our attention to it in a positive way.