Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Treasure Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Hey fellow Wizards!

I took a fairly long break from the game and just got back into it. Unfortunately after getting back into the game and doing some inventory cleaning up, I mistakenly got rid of my Potent Trap TC Cards (Yeah..multiple!)...

I'm so mad at myself since I needed them for crafting and apparently they seem super hard to get! Any tips on what I should be doing to try and get more? So far no luck trying to Team up against Azteca bosses. I was wondering if there was a better way to go about this.

Thanks in advance!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
For the treasure, as you highlighted, the only way to obtain the card is by rewards through quests and/or farming mobs/plants.

I'll enlist a few of these methods for your convenience

Gardening;

Ultra Alligator Pear Trees do drop the card, however, to get the seed, you may first have to plant regular Alligator Pear Seeds. It's one of the longer processes, but the rewards can indeed be fruitful.

Completing the quest Broken Idolsin early Azteca yields two of these treasure cards.

Mobs;

Bosses such asCronus (Tartarus), Gladiator Dimachaerus(Aquila), Fuego Spirit&Malakeen Moondrinkerare good sources for the TC. The latter bosses are found in Azteca and are among the easiest to farm.

Good Luck!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Silver Chests in Azteca can also drop them. Or at least, I think they do. Wiki doesn't seem to confirm this though.

It could also drop from the Nomad Camp, Battlemage Keep, and Castaway's Bungalow dailies apparently.

If you happen to have any Ultra Alligator Pear Trees, they could also drop them.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2013
I decided to wait a bit before doing all of the crafting quests, and unfortunately used my potent tcs that you got from the storyline. It's this quest that you either breeze through or spend the most time on.