Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Requesting Advice for a Level 46 Death Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2018
Hi everyone! My name is Kimberly and as I stated, I am pushing level 50 as a Death wizard. Though I have been playing this game on and off a couple of times since 2008, I never really got this far in the game as I just gave up many times because I didn't think I could get through the game solo. Now that I have a friend to play with, I finally started playing again in Summer 2018 and here I am now finally starting to actually become familiar with the game!

Basically I just had a few questions now that I am at this stage in the game.

So I started out as a Death Wizard obviously but when I got to about level 20 I believe, I started training in Fire as my secondary school. Currently, I have every fire spell available to me at this level. Now that I know more about the game and have started to realize that having a secondary school is not exactly the way to go, I definitely sort of regret this and wish that I just trained in every school up to the spells that I wanted specifically. This brings me to my first question: TL;DR: Should I buy back my training points and start over with training for only specific spells I want rather than sticking with my secondary school? If so, what spells do you suggest I should train for? (I am more of a questing person, btwI don't plan to PVP.)

The next question I have is in regards my stats. Currently my stats are as follows:

Resistance
-16 + 23
Accuracy
Crit
Block
Pierce
Stun Resistance
Healing In/Out
0/0
Pip Conversion
Power Pips
59%
Shadow Pip Bonus

Though I am almost level 50, I am sort of a noob when it comes to stats so I am not sure if these stats are okay or if they need to be improved. If so, what is some good gear I can acquire to improve my stats and should I even worry about improving my stats right now at level 46 or should I just wait until level 50?

Sorry for the long post. Thank you so much in advance for the feedback!

- Kimberly Level 46

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
well, I got reshuffle because I only put enough spells in my deck to kill the local groups of monsters and a few more for bosses. like six spells and a reshuffle. If something goes wrong I can reshuffle and get my six or so spells back. You may want stun shield later, many bosses and minions stun during and after Celestia.

I have Myth as a secondary because of a neat spell.
I learned Myth up to Minotaur because I went to the Mutate master in Celestia and got Death Minotaur. (The mutate master is hiding in a later dungeon. mutate spells are sun school spells) Being able to cast a stronger Death element Minotaur Was really useful against all of those tower shields, and the death shields all life critters tend to cast. Because it becomes a death spell it gets all of my bonuses and can be cast with power pips. Its base accuracy is still myth's base not the 85% that regular death spells have.
Mutate sprite is also an option, but I am not too impressed, It turns sprite into a midnight sprite just like our first spell except that it leaves a universal trap +20% on the target.
Our health can be a bit low, but we can usually drain it out of foes. I never felt the need to learn tower shield.

As for your Fire; they can learn fire kraken and fire wyvern Those also deal more damage and have extra effects.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I leave commenting on your stats to a Wizard for more experienced in those areas.

Yes, the next time KI has a Free Training Point buyback take advantage of it.

Since you are a Death Wizard, Feint will already be in your repitiore. Train Life to Satyr and Ice to Tower Shield.

Those will help you immensely.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Just a quick note about buying back training points:

YES, I would buy them back! BUT...I'd wait for the free buy-back member benefit! We haven't had it in a while so it might be very soon as well, but even if it had just happened I'd probably wait for it to come back around lol. Definitely don't spend more training points if you might end up using crowns to buy them back - they go up PER TRAINING POINT USED!

My Death wizzy is about the same level as yours We're really lucky because we get Feint as part of our basic training, saving us 7 training points. So far the only off-school spells mine has trained (not including loremaster/dropped spells) is Stun Block (Ice) and Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, Spirit Blade, Spirit* Trap (Balance).

Mine will start getting Sun School enchants (the damage ones) as soon as she can and some of the Star School auras. Make sure to keep at least 2 spare for Potent Trap and Sharpen Blade...these spells are quite high level but absolutely game-changingly AWESOME!

My Death wiz currently has 14 spare training points (I'm not sure if she has done all the training point quests or not)...I like to have spares so I can indulge immediately when a useful spell becomes available

Spells you might like - tower shield (ice) and Satyr (life). I just use TC versions of these.

I hope this helps!

*Edit: Wrote elemental trap twice instead of spirit trap!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Hi Kimberly,

First, let me applaud you for taking the initiative on visiting the Message Boards for clarification.
We'll tell you all you need to know.

Now, let's address your concerns. Firstly, your gear;

The perfect gear I would recommend to you is actually the full Senator's Set found in Mount Olympus, Aquila inside Cyclops Lane. Speak to Cyrus Drake inside the school to get you started. The area, Mount Olympus is actually a dungeon, so be sure to exercise the Team-Up Option when attempting it.
An excellent wand is also dropped here (you'll always get it after a successful run) that I highly recommend you use.
This gear can also take you up to level 56 where I recommend you craft your level 56 gear in Wintertusk (second area of the world after Grizzleheim).

Now, about your training points.

Yes, purchase your training points back. Use them like this:

- Tower Shield

- Seek Niles, the balance tree in Krokosphix and learn both Elemental & Spiritual Blades; you can return later and learn the other spells should you need to act as a support to fellow teammates.

- This school is unlocked once you've access to Celestia (world after Dragonspyre). The school specializes in new forms of spells that are meant to assist you in battle. They take the form of Auras. I recommend learning Fortify & Amplify.

- The best among all three astral schools, the sun school deals with enchantments. These enchantments makes selected spells more powerful which can drastically alter the effects in battles. You can practice using some of these enchantment cards by purchasing the TC Versions from the Bazaar. These spells include, Tough, Strong, Giant (all damage enchanting spells). Learn them all.

Let us know if you've anymore queries!

is in fact one of the more easier schools to solo with, so we can definitely assist more should you need it.

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Just do whatever Victoria says. Probably one of the most experienced people I know :D

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Eric ThunderCrafte... on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
Just do whatever Victoria says. Probably one of the most experienced people I know :D
ROFL!!! Thanks Eric!

I try to only advise when I am sure of myself or to explain what I'd do and why...but there is much benefit to listening to lots of advise from many sources because we don't all play the same and people have lots of great ideas

I do things the way I do because of listening to others as well as working things out myself...I still have much to learn and I love the community's willingness to share their thoughts, strategies and ideas

Much love and appreciation to all wizards out there - keep sharing!