Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life access to Dot and Aoe and Life control bubble

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Please give life access to lower dot and better aoe. Luminous weaver is not as effective as its once were due to the excess amount of damage most schools have now. Am tired of the weaver spam caterpillar only reliable combos.
You give us lore spells that have poor damage and poor effects that provide no offensive into defensive strategies.
The sacred charge spell is very useless in effect for the requirement needing to get it. Three pips for a bubble is not worth the sacrifice unless you're using a brown spider which is very rare and hard to come by. And we have no reliable 700 flat base damage aoe spells.

The fact now that brace is a thing for other schools puts life in a major disadvantage in pvp compare to ice who now has damage and bubble control. I can't stand a school that has the potential of becoming a top tier in pvp but has drawbacks because it has access to heals? please understand that heals cost pips and are easily countered by doom and gloom. no offensive life is going to wasting away pips just healing especially at max level. Please fix this issue KI.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
angellifeheart on Dec 27, 2018 wrote:
Please give life access to lower dot and better aoe. Luminous weaver is not as effective as its once were due to the excess amount of damage most schools have now. Am tired of the weaver spam caterpillar only reliable combos.
You give us lore spells that have poor damage and poor effects that provide no offensive into defensive strategies.
The sacred charge spell is very useless in effect for the requirement needing to get it. Three pips for a bubble is not worth the sacrifice unless you're using a brown spider which is very rare and hard to come by. And we have no reliable 700 flat base damage aoe spells.

The fact now that brace is a thing for other schools puts life in a major disadvantage in pvp compare to ice who now has damage and bubble control. I can't stand a school that has the potential of becoming a top tier in pvp but has drawbacks because it has access to heals? please understand that heals cost pips and are easily countered by doom and gloom. no offensive life is going to wasting away pips just healing especially at max level. Please fix this issue KI.
Life is already top tier at max level.

Not 'easily' countered as Life can easily pack far more Sanctuaries than other schools can pack Dooms and Angel strategies have been in the Arena for a long time.
Until it is no longer possible to Crit a Satyr for 4-5k, and until can no longer use Guardian Spirit as their get out of jail free card, does not need any buffs.

Wings of Fate is just fine as a lower DoT / Heal given that you blade properly.

However, I can agree with needing a low level AOE like Leafstorm. And yes, Sacred Charge is useless. But is in no way at a major disadvantage in PVP, especially at max level.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Exabytes on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
Life is already top tier at max level.

Not 'easily' countered as Life can easily pack far more Sanctuaries than other schools can pack Dooms and Angel strategies have been in the Arena for a long time.
Until it is no longer possible to Crit a Satyr for 4-5k, and until can no longer use Guardian Spirit as their get out of jail free card, does not need any buffs.

Wings of Fate is just fine as a lower DoT / Heal given that you blade properly.

However, I can agree with needing a low level AOE like Leafstorm. And yes, Sacred Charge is useless. But is in no way at a major disadvantage in PVP, especially at max level.
Life is nowhere top tier in pvp i don't know where you got that information first of all. Second of all the angel abusive strategy is and i already know is going to be nerfed and it's going to affect offensive life wizard and it did jade juju because ki has failed to realize that the pay to win juju gears needs to prohibited from pvp. Sanctuary cost 3 pips bubble casting is a waste of time from the second and coming from someone who flashes a balanced symbol tells me your already being bias and absolutely have no idea what it feels like to life max pvp. Do you want to start comparing spells? let's take it consideration and I've said it countless times the spells aren't the issue in itself its the gear that boosts these stats.

Wings of fate is a bad excuse of a dot and cost a shadow pip with 525 base damage lets not even start with that. Gaze of fate does 550 base damage x2 with not only a shield remover but a bubble x25% damage as well.
balance has an overtime heal that heals as much as satyr even with critical if you wanna compare numbers availing hands 850 satyr 860 which may I add can be trainable by everyone.

I hate when everyone targets a spell that does 15% of your current health not even max as an excuse for an so called overpowered spell when in fact it by itself most useless 5 pip spell. Life needs a low pip dot because spamming weaver does not bypass shields and it doesn't have an effective effect like loremaster which itself needs damage cut back and mantle removed. If you did your homework right you would understand that in the order it shows from first to the last tier is the actuality. Numbers don't lie and duelist101 has proven it so

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
angellifeheart on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Life is nowhere top tier in pvp i don't know where you got that information first of all. Second of all the angel abusive strategy is and i already know is going to be nerfed and it's going to affect offensive life wizard and it did jade juju because ki has failed to realize that the pay to win juju gears needs to prohibited from pvp. Sanctuary cost 3 pips bubble casting is a waste of time from the second and coming from someone who flashes a balanced symbol tells me your already being bias and absolutely have no idea what it feels like to life max pvp. Do you want to start comparing spells? let's take it consideration and I've said it countless times the spells aren't the issue in itself its the gear that boosts these stats.

Wings of fate is a bad excuse of a dot and cost a shadow pip with 525 base damage lets not even start with that. Gaze of fate does 550 base damage x2 with not only a shield remover but a bubble x25% damage as well.
balance has an overtime heal that heals as much as satyr even with critical if you wanna compare numbers availing hands 850 satyr 860 which may I add can be trainable by everyone.

I hate when everyone targets a spell that does 15% of your current health not even max as an excuse for an so called overpowered spell when in fact it by itself most useless 5 pip spell. Life needs a low pip dot because spamming weaver does not bypass shields and it doesn't have an effective effect like loremaster which itself needs damage cut back and mantle removed. If you did your homework right you would understand that in the order it shows from first to the last tier is the actuality. Numbers don't lie and duelist101 has proven it so
From the Mirage Meta page, the actual tier list is .

With Life being very close behind Balance.

As I said, until the Angel 'strat' IS nerfed, and hard, Life needs no buffs. The gear is part of the problem yes, but what do you get when you have a school that can bladestack, stack weaknesses and absorbs with Weaver / Caterpillar, critical heal, revive after dying, AND have a low pip DoT?

Balance's weakness is that it cannot reliably bladestack. Balance also has no school DoT. Gaze is not a DoT. It is a multi-hit, like Minotaur. We also have so many players that set resist us with ward pets, 75+% resist to is common. Who sets for ? You have Spinysaur and can train Shrike, plus 40 and 50% blades which you can stack at will. Use them.

If Life gets a low-pip DoT, with no significant nerfs elsewhere, it will have no weaknesses whatsoever.

Coming from someone whose name literally is Angel Lifeheart, I daresay you are more than likely biased yourself.

I play vs Life Wizards all the time in the Arena, and more often than not they are Angels. I also have a wizard. You think I do not know the school?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Exabytes on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:

As I said, until the Angel 'strat' IS nerfed, and hard, Life needs no buffs. The gear is part of the problem yes, but what do you get when you have a school that can bladestack, stack weaknesses and absorbs with Weaver / Caterpillar, critical heal, revive after dying, AND have a low pip DoT?

Balance's weakness is that it cannot reliably bladestack. Balance also has no school DoT. Gaze is not a DoT. It is a multi-hit, like Minotaur. We also have so many players that set resist us with ward pets, 75+% resist to is common. Who sets for ? You have Spinysaur and can train Shrike, plus 40 and 50% blades which you can stack at will. Use them.

If Life gets a low-pip DoT, with no significant nerfs elsewhere, it will have no weaknesses whatsoever.

Coming from someone whose name literally is Angel Lifeheart, I daresay you are more than likely biased yourself.

I play vs Life Wizards all the time in the Arena, and more often than not they are Angels. I also have a wizard. You think I do not know the school?
First of all, any school can blade stack that point is irrelevant. A -25% weakness cannot stop a balance with 125+ damage without buff who can lore spam with an average 30+ pierce giving the fact there is a chance of fizzling.
Second of all, it seems your main issue is with angel strategy and not life offensive wizards, therefore, there is no real reason why life should not get a low pip dot. Absorb does not match the effectiveness of a -75% tower shield from
Mirage meta page is outdated because fire and ice now have the ability to receive more damage without the sacrifice of resist. If statics have shown such then its high time k i turn the table and allow to have a chance at 1st tier.
has been the first tier since dark moor and it needs to stop now. 2019 is a new year and k i need to balance this pvp game otherwise it's going more downhill than it already is. I have nothing against balance other than lore master mantle nerf they can keep the damage and weakness as it is. I just dont think is fair that every school except and are without a dot its just not right and never will be because dot is very effective in pvp. Hence why is so busted giving that they have everything storm wants but cant have because people complain about storm doing too much damage when the truth is because of this rng meta with shadow pips every school is capable of dishing on 2k+ damage.

And people please don't come with your use tc ideas its not effective and never will be every school should have their own trainable dot or shield bypasser or shield breaker hit simple.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Exabytes on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:

Btw in continuing from last post angel life heart was the healer name I have chosen because I vowed to my self I would avoid pvp and stitck to supporting role in pve but that didnt happen because i like to pvp. I have 0 access to jade gears and you most likely will see me in game maybe we have already pvp before. And I don't think you own a life max wizard because for all those who say WOF is a trash spell you saying its good as it is something really wrong there. 10 pips for a dot is not good especially when up against balance mana burn is always the open window. I also didn't state anything against other schools so I don't know how asking for a buff for offensive life wizard is called being bias for the weakness I see and to say it will cover our weakness that statement is also irrelevant because every life main knows the damage and pierce is our weakness. Being bias would be for me to ask for every other school to get nerf and only buff life. I'm against the angel strategy and that should be nerfed.