Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm scion spell is broken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
So recently I got corporal in pvp and I was aiming for sergeant. I went against a storm with 5k health and I was ready to hit when he used his storm scion spell. He crit, and it hit 8k on me. At first, I was like “okay I should have shielded”. But that wasn’t the case. I went and did another match and another storm used the scion spell, then crit, and killed me in one hit. So by the time I’m allowed to hit, I’m already dead. The scion spell deals way too much damage. It literally broke pvp. I lost corporal and I went down rank because of this spell. Thoughts?
Jennifer PixieWhisper lvl 130 (No longer corporal thanks to storm’s and their scion spell)

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
jenniferpixiewhisp... on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
So recently I got corporal in pvp and I was aiming for sergeant. I went against a storm with 5k health and I was ready to hit when he used his storm scion spell. He crit, and it hit 8k on me. At first, I was like “okay I should have shielded”. But that wasn’t the case. I went and did another match and another storm used the scion spell, then crit, and killed me in one hit. So by the time I’m allowed to hit, I’m already dead. The scion spell deals way too much damage. It literally broke pvp. I lost corporal and I went down rank because of this spell. Thoughts?
Jennifer PixieWhisper lvl 130 (No longer corporal thanks to storm’s and their scion spell)
Yes the storm scion spell is insane, it is by far the best one, by easiest to get the conditions to be met I mean, some counters could be get a storm ward pet, use spirit blades, I started carrying storm dispels. Best of luck!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Here's a guide to countering it! Best of Luck!

https://finalbastion.com/w101-pvp-guides/w101-advanced-pvp-guides/countered-scion-of-storm/
How do you counter scion of life with?
ez leave it out of your deck.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
jenniferpixiewhisp... on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Hey Jennifer, it's Adrian lol.

Try spamming Luminous Weaver with different level enchants. They stack. Also if you go first vs a there is literally no reason not to be spamming those shields. If you really find yourself struggling, carry a Storm Dispel and a few stuns for when they Shrike!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I think the problems is with all SCION spells. They do not belongs in PVP. All the schools got op scion spells that do mass damage, except for life. only time life would use this spell is in a long dungeon, even them idk. In pvp if we get hit with scion from any school, we are dead. I tried it all putting weakness on, shield and blades against a storm. They shadow, remove the blade with enfeeble. Hit you with a 2 pip hit and scion.
I had a death down to 500 health, and he hits me with scion.

In the meantime you know what is coming, but does not mean you have the cards hand or pips to counter this attack.
I would like to see all the scion spells banned from pvp.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Catherine Wilddrea... on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
I think the problems is with all SCION spells. They do not belongs in PVP. All the schools got op scion spells that do mass damage, except for life. only time life would use this spell is in a long dungeon, even them idk. In pvp if we get hit with scion from any school, we are dead. I tried it all putting weakness on, shield and blades against a storm. They shadow, remove the blade with enfeeble. Hit you with a 2 pip hit and scion.
I had a death down to 500 health, and he hits me with scion.

In the meantime you know what is coming, but does not mean you have the cards hand or pips to counter this attack.
I would like to see all the scion spells banned from pvp.
I disagree 100% with this. The Scion spells finally made low tier schools such as Storm and Death actually relevant in PvP. Max PvP actually has variety now it's not just Balance and Ice.

Plus there is no way for a Storm to enfeeble to 2 pip hit to Scion unless you let them get to full pips. Why aren't you pressuring them and forcing them to utilize said pips? At any rate an Aegis elemental/spirit blade completely shuts down said scion. It's a 1 pip counter move that you can tech into your deck.

The fact that these Scion's do have clear counterplay options, are very expensive and help low tier schools who actually needed the help are all reasons the Scions should not be banned in PvP.