Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Zones with Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2018
Hello, I haven't played Wizard101 since I was much younger and I only played up to what was free. Now I'm getting back into it and have the money to buy crowns to unlock zones. However, before I continue doing so, I'm curious about something. If I buy a zone, such as Firecat Alley, does that mean that all of my other toons will be able to enter that zone when they are able to?

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Yes, all other wizards that you have will be able to visit the area you have purchased with crowns.

There is a easier solution though to access areas with all wizards too. Membership is what I use for my wizard Nicholas GhostFist. It's cheaper even though with crown-bought areas they are permanent, Membership makes it so you dont have to pay crowns to go to new areas

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Solomon Mercury on Dec 15, 2018 wrote:
Hello, I haven't played Wizard101 since I was much younger and I only played up to what was free. Now I'm getting back into it and have the money to buy crowns to unlock zones. However, before I continue doing so, I'm curious about something. If I buy a zone, such as Firecat Alley, does that mean that all of my other toons will be able to enter that zone when they are able to?
All wizards on a single account will be able to access any zone you buy. And that zone is yours for the life of the game.
Sabrina "I buy zones" Shade

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Yes, every wizard on your account will be able to enter the worlds you unlock with crowns. I have three accounts on crowns. From the first world to the last. Only thing I have to pay extra for with crowns is PVP and Tournaments.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Aoun059 on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
Yes, all other wizards that you have will be able to visit the area you have purchased with crowns.

There is a easier solution though to access areas with all wizards too. Membership is what I use for my wizard Nicholas GhostFist. It's cheaper even though with crown-bought areas they are permanent, Membership makes it so you dont have to pay crowns to go to new areas
To buy the entire game from Wizard city to Empyrea cost 179275 cowns, that is about $179.28. So if I had stayed on membership at $79.95 a year for 10 years it would have cost me $799.50. So tell me Nicholas what is cheaper?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
As a returning player you might not know about the new member benefits that come around randomly but frequently...double gardening (XP and drops), zero energy fishing, bonus daily assignment awards, double pet XP, tournaments for gold instead of crowns, double monstrology (have you checked out monstrology yet?), free training point buy back, double reagents, free second chance boss chest rolls (no second roll required), bonus PvP assigments, unlimited crafting...and KI are looking to add more!

IDK when you played before but the difference between crowns and membership have broadened with these bonus rewards and I highly recommend buying the year membership when it comes on offer at $60, equating to $5 a month for everything! Even monthly, membership is better imo unless you intend on exhausting a zone on all 6 wizards before moving on to the next. It's very expensive to run one wizard through to max, then running subsequent wizards you'll likely want the member benefits...I used crowns to Darkmoor then changed to membership and wish I'd known the benefits were coming so I'd have chosen membership from day 1

If you go down the crown route though you might be interested in (if time allows) doing the trivia at freeKIgames.com also earn crowns videos in-game and daily assignments (I think we need to be level 12 or above for these)...also grub guardian for free drops. You might not need/want to do these because you can buy crowns but if you want extra and have enough time but not the cash they do mount up pretty impressively.

I saw your question had been answered so hope you don't mind me throwing in these opinions/thoughts...and I really hope you have loads of fun adventuring in the Spiral! Welcome back!