Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

STORM TITAN needs NERFING

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I believe the storm titan is a bit to much, the storm titan only drops at most 3-4 items which makes the overall reward of fighting close to not worth it, all other major bosses in the spiral easily drop +10 items. I dont see why this has to be any different.

That AOE he uses that kills everyone just doesn't sound right, this cheat itself is probably the biggest problem, but overall some downgrading needs to be done to the boss.

I've been playing this game for 10 years and, yes i have beaten the storm titan a few times, but there are many wizards out there that can't even beat it once to even finish the story line, much less farm it for any type of gear.

One more thing, we were given an alternative to the paradox gear by crafting the Alphoi in Nimbus, although we still need to farm the overly powered storm titan in order to get "Pure Aethyr" which is used to craft the alternative being "Alphoi gear."

I hope I can reach Kingsisle and the people with this, thank you for listening!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I didn't do the Storm Titan batthe yet but I'm already hearing in game cooplaints about that fight is too hard and frustrating. I beleive that battle will eventually be nerfed so all the Casual players can beat him with the strategy they wish to use to have thier fun. But for now certain battles wiil be on the hard side for the Hardcore players to have thier fun. I know some of you may not want to hear that but that's the way Kingsisle does thier business.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2013
there is bug I beat the storm titan I have the arrows to show the way to next part but it will not let me go anyone no why thank u david vela aka david skull hunter

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Going to have to second this. I know all of the final bosses for each world receive a good nerf at some point after release, but the Storm Titan needs a serious rework.

I've tried this a couple times on a Balance and a Myth to no avail. Lots of lovely people and decent looking teams with the jades, the towers, and the jujus; but not much of that matters when you get wiped by the Trident's two-hit. Some people on the team have become so discouraged when they get defeated initially that they don't return and they leave the rest of us hanging. This dungeon has a high attrition rate, to say the least.

Also, if the game plan is to have things become increasingly more difficult beyond this point, I think the game may start to have a high attrition rate too. I love this game, and have been playing it since nearly the beginning, but I have other life commitments to attend to. I certainly wouldn't consider myself "pro" at Wiz, since I mostly quest and don't get too into asides like PvP, pets, or fishing. A dungeon like this ruins it for me, since it is a serious use of my time for what will likely be a scrapped run. And it isn't just the two or three hours for the fight; it takes some time to get the treasure cards and talk strategy and try different builds and study the videos and guide out there.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
TabsSunFlower on Nov 13, 2018 wrote:
Going to have to second this. I know all of the final bosses for each world receive a good nerf at some point after release, but the Storm Titan needs a serious rework.

I've tried this a couple times on a Balance and a Myth to no avail. Lots of lovely people and decent looking teams with the jades, the towers, and the jujus; but not much of that matters when you get wiped by the Trident's two-hit. Some people on the team have become so discouraged when they get defeated initially that they don't return and they leave the rest of us hanging. This dungeon has a high attrition rate, to say the least.

Also, if the game plan is to have things become increasingly more difficult beyond this point, I think the game may start to have a high attrition rate too. I love this game, and have been playing it since nearly the beginning, but I have other life commitments to attend to. I certainly wouldn't consider myself "pro" at Wiz, since I mostly quest and don't get too into asides like PvP, pets, or fishing. A dungeon like this ruins it for me, since it is a serious use of my time for what will likely be a scrapped run. And it isn't just the two or three hours for the fight; it takes some time to get the treasure cards and talk strategy and try different builds and study the videos and guide out there.
Agreed. Many of the teams I have gone in with are decent teams. Yet the laughing cheat followed immediately by the swipe kill everyone. If Kingsisle wanted to make this the hardest dungeon, they certainly attained that. But it's too hard for the skill level needed.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
jon194 on Nov 11, 2018 wrote:
I believe the storm titan is a bit to much, the storm titan only drops at most 3-4 items which makes the overall reward of fighting close to not worth it, all other major bosses in the spiral easily drop +10 items. I dont see why this has to be any different.

That AOE he uses that kills everyone just doesn't sound right, this cheat itself is probably the biggest problem, but overall some downgrading needs to be done to the boss.

I've been playing this game for 10 years and, yes i have beaten the storm titan a few times, but there are many wizards out there that can't even beat it once to even finish the story line, much less farm it for any type of gear.

One more thing, we were given an alternative to the paradox gear by crafting the Alphoi in Nimbus, although we still need to farm the overly powered storm titan in order to get "Pure Aethyr" which is used to craft the alternative being "Alphoi gear."

I hope I can reach Kingsisle and the people with this, thank you for listening!
Hello!

I am able to finish this in less than 20 minutes. My question is, do you know the strat?
spams fire blades on themselves
spams bad jujus
,,or spams tower shields to keep the team alive if a second unexpected attack happens
blades the fire with elemental blades and balance blades
and spam storm dispels or elemental dispels with a mastery

This way, all schools are useful, as I commonly see 's and 's stuck outside with nobody to go in with!
I hope this helped :)

-TiffanyHex

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hello!

I forgot to tell you something! There's a simpler alternative to getting Pure Aethyr! All you have to do is keep fighting The Rat and The Scorpion ( the last of the tree bosses ) and it's much easier to get it from them!

-TiffanyHex

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
TiffanyHex123 on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:
Hello!

I am able to finish this in less than 20 minutes. My question is, do you know the strat?
spams fire blades on themselves
spams bad jujus
,,or spams tower shields to keep the team alive if a second unexpected attack happens
blades the fire with elemental blades and balance blades
and spam storm dispels or elemental dispels with a mastery

This way, all schools are useful, as I commonly see 's and 's stuck outside with nobody to go in with!
I hope this helped :)

-TiffanyHex
what if there is no fire wizard

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
alerttalon on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
what if there is no fire wizard
Most other classes can be the hitter here. Only balance will have a hard time with the lack of a strong balance DoT (there is steel giant, but it's weak and can't be enchanted).

Storm has monsoon hound (tc) or thunderstorm (pet spell)
Ice has snow angel
Myth has basilisk and king artorious (and doesn't need a prism)
Life has spinysaur
Death has skeletal dragon

Now balance could be the hitter if he used something like heck hound and a mastery amulet, but he would need a lot of damage boost from gear. However, he won't get quite as much as another class typically would since some of that gear is for their class only. It's still doable with enough blades though.