Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Optimising Wizard101 for Mac to the new Metal API

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
Am I the only one wondering if Wizard101 is getting optimized for Metal (perhaps even Metal 2) so Mac users finally can get a good experience out of Wizard101?

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Nope, you're not the only one wondering!

Also, since the OS update to Mojave, the message that "Wizard101 is not optimised for your Mac and will require an update ... ... please contact the developer" has become more frequent. Moreover, since the Mojave update, there are so many more instances of wine crashing for both Wizards and Pirates.

So KingsIsle, will you be updating Wizard101 for Macs or are our wizarding (and Pirating) days numbered?

Many thanks for a response!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
moira balances on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
Nope, you're not the only one wondering!

Also, since the OS update to Mojave, the message that "Wizard101 is not optimised for your Mac and will require an update ... ... please contact the developer" has become more frequent. Moreover, since the Mojave update, there are so many more instances of wine crashing for both Wizards and Pirates.

So KingsIsle, will you be updating Wizard101 for Macs or are our wizarding (and Pirating) days numbered?

Many thanks for a response!
I've been wondering the same thing, and I notice that this question was posted on Dec 11 and still hasn't received a response.
When will W101 be optimized for 64 bit? If there are no plans to ever do this, please let us know now, rather than letting us wait until it no longer runs on our Macs

Thanks!