Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

question about true friends

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
a day or so back, I let someone become true friends with me because I got convinced I liked them for sure, but they kind of turned on me and said they didn't really want to be friends; for this reason I'm sort of interested in finding out if there's a way to remove someone from your true friend list, and if there is, I'm interesting in knowing what it is.

if someone from kingsisle can answer this question, it would be my deepest appreciation

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
True Friends is a special feature where you and the other person exchange a specific alpha-numeric code that links your wizards together a little closer than ordinary friends. Aside from a color change in listing the other friend's name on your list, the only real difference is that it allows you an option for more privacy when using text chat. (What you say won't be seen by others standing nearby - it's kind of like whispering.)

In order to exchange the code and true friend someone, you must be in "real world" contact with that person somehow: sitting next to them, chatting via Skype, Twitter, YouTube, Steam, Discord, etc. (Or, perhaps it's possible to exchange the codes in-game if you both have adult texting enabled. Otherwise, you can't see the 'misspelled' words or the numbers in ordinary text chat.)

That said, you can easily remove friends. If you want to ignore a friend, do that first. Set them to "Ignore" status first. Then, remove them from your friends list. True Friend status doesn't stop you from dropping a friend you no longer want contact with. Once they are off your list, they won't be able to find or port to you in the game. However, if you both happen to be logged in at the same time and place, that ex-friend can still talk to you. That's why choosing "ignore" first, if necessary, is a good idea. That way they can't talk or whisper to you at all even if they're standing right in front of you.

If your question was more simple, how to remove the True Friend part while keeping them friends, I'm afraid I don't know how to do that. It may not be possible to do....

Hopefully Spark or Dworgyn will have more information for you.

Alia Misthaven