Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

question about "maycast" pet talents

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
I was pet training about 2 years ago, and one of my pets possessed a "maycast" pet talent, and I'm finally curious enough to want to know what determines how likely the pet is to cast the spell of the "maycast" talent. if kingsisle or anyone here can tell me, it would be my deepest appreciation.

that reminds me of something: what do you get when you cross a pet with wings, and a sheet of paper that tells people about something?
a flyer

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think having a higher "Power" stat trained might help them cast more often. Also, some may cast talents have triggers that encourage the pets to cast. I had a pet that could cast taunt, but it never did, until I cast a single hit spell. Before that, I'd been using hit all spells, so it took a little while for me to realize. I've seen that pets that cast pierce like when you put a trap on the enemy. Some may casts involve taking damage, such as ice shield activating after the enemy does ice damage. Pets that cast unicorn react to damage, especially hit all damage. There is still an element of chance to when exactly they will cast. If your pet isn't casting, train it's power stat, and try different types of spells to see if it reacts to a particular type.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
social sorcery boy on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
I was pet training about 2 years ago, and one of my pets possessed a "maycast" pet talent, and I'm finally curious enough to want to know what determines how likely the pet is to cast the spell of the "maycast" talent. if kingsisle or anyone here can tell me, it would be my deepest appreciation.

that reminds me of something: what do you get when you cross a pet with wings, and a sheet of paper that tells people about something?
a flyer
Maycasts act on triggers. Different maycasts need different triggers.

EG some maycasts and their triggers:

Smokescreen - using a single attack spell
Stun - casting debuffs like weakness, prism and steal charm
Tower Shield - attacking or being attacked or casting stun
Fairy - attacks on anyone (includes dots), heals, blades, auras, shields

If a trigger happens in battle there is a chance the pet will use their maycast. As you can see, some maycasts have a lot more triggers than others so they are much more likely to be cast.

I hope this helps

PS You could save a lot of money on plane travel by putting your joke in the same letterbox every day until it becomes a Frequent Flyer

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
May cast heals tend to be triggered by damage to yourself, any team-mate, any opponent, and even by other heals being cast!

Shields tend to be triggered by incoming damage.

May cast blades tend to be triggered by you doing damage to an opponent, especially single hits. Enfeeble, Disarm and Steal Charm are usually triggered by the opponent casting their own blade, or by you casting something like Weakness on them.

May cast traps and also Ward Wrecker (removes all shields) or Pierce Train (a may-cast Pierce that removes one shield), tend to happen after you place a trap, or after an opponent casts a shield on themselves.

I have noticed that some of the more exotic may-casts (Smokescreen, Stun, Entangle, etc) are rarely triggered during normal PVE battles. They may work more often during PVP, when wizards are using a lot more utility spells.

Alia Misthaven