Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loading Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2018
For the last couple days, whenever I log in the game has to reload everything. My house decorations are all boxes and take minutes to load in, my plants have to load in, and even the enemies in worlds are haunted minions until they load in. This happens every single time I log after closing the game.
Is there a fix for it?

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Please Help!

My friend has the same exact problem for over 2 weeks now!

I thought I would check the forums for a way to fix this issue. But I can't find any help.
Everything in the message above is exactly what my friend is going through.
I am guessing this is the result of a game update or maintenance that altered the game slightly and now the game doesn't save anything loaded previously. Is there a way to perhaps use the game launcher to reinstall a previous game update or all updates for the past month without having to reinstall the entire game. they don't have the internet allowance to do so.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
lameoazo on Aug 7, 2018 wrote:
For the last couple days, whenever I log in the game has to reload everything. My house decorations are all boxes and take minutes to load in, my plants have to load in, and even the enemies in worlds are haunted minions until they load in. This happens every single time I log after closing the game.
Is there a fix for it?
Are you going through Steam?

The loading time may have to restart for Steam players, rather than going through the website launcher.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
I have been having similar troubles as well. I use the shortcut to the game itself to play the game but when it goes to load the in game part it has been getting stuck on the splash screens or it will get in the game and then i wait for awhile to let it all load up. I have checked connections to the internet and all systems are ok on my end. It just cant keep a connection for some reason. I even get the broken chain icon on the bottom right part of the game...i hope it can be fixed...i cant even enjoy the member perks because of this happening. I have been waiting for the double pet experience to happen and now i cant even enjoy it...boo. I hope it get fixed soon so we all can enjoy this wonderful game.