Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why aernt people more original with their vanity

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
I have noticed that about 60% of all wizards wear the SAME gear
This includes the school based hat cloak and boots
No joke, I have seen over 20 fire and storm wizards with the SAME exact vanity gear and WAND and coloeing too
And pretty much every girl just wears angel wings ._.

Why cant people be more original lol
I like to wear the santa robe with a certain pair of boots dyed to match it, along with that cool cow skull hat you get from that make a wish boss :) looks epic
Does anyone else have any cool outfits

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Some of those people belong to the cult that is PVP. Seriously, they all dress the same in there.

My wizards all tend to have unique looks, depending on their school, my mood, and what their "backstory" is in my mind. For example:

A death wizard named Scarlet Raven who only wears red and black, prefers Dragon wings as a mount, always has the horns hairstyle, and usually wears the Youkai-dropped Death robe because it's so hard to get in the game. Also, it has a skull on it - she likes that because she's kind of evil.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Youkai%27s_Robe_of_Premise#axzz5M0XTM1Kb

I've got a wizard who wears furs from Grizzleheim, uses a bow, rides a white wolf and runs around with a Beastmaster's Eagle companion. I consider her an outlaw bandit.

Lately my Ice wizard wears a plated armor that drops from Hollow Mountain because it has gloves and it seems to be rare. No one else wears anything like it:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Discordant_One%27s_Plate#axzz5M0XTM1Kb

Before that, my Ice wizard dressed in British military style dress blues that drop from Barkingham Palace, complete with a Mooshu ceremonial sword. She was a 'princess charming' who ran around helping others through the team up kiosk.

Just yesterday I stitched my Myth's energy gear to the level 110 Polaris garb from the crown shop. I wanted her to look more modern when she's not questing.

Right now, Alia isn't questing either. Her energy gear is stitched to the orange Day of the Dead dress that dropped from one of the Halloween packs. Why? Because it matches her Flamenco Tocador pet.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
Around level 60-90, tons of people will obviously be wearing Waterworks gear as it can last for a while. I wear waterworks gear on the outside since I don't have any gear that would look good, I also don't have a lot of crowns so I can't stitch that much.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
Most of the time on my balance character I use the graduation robe, a hairstyle, and a random pair of boots from polaris as something to stitch to my gear. I think it looks good and I don’t see many people wearing it. However with my other characters still lower and leveling up, I don’t really stitch much since most of my gear will probably be replaced anyway, unless it’s a good piece of crafted gear I made just for them, which I will likely use for a while.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I personally like the Polaris mage gear, though I'm also fond of the barkingham royal guard gear not the boots though im not fond of those flowery boots. (the hat is also a bit much)
i recently got the Polaris crown gear for stitching though because its about the closest thing to normal clothes I've seen in this game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Could it be more about what they can afford or have access to?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my wizards' looks change often, though each seems to have his or her own unique look.

as my main wizard, von looks every bit as awesome as she is. right now, i've got her in rocker's stagewear (from the baddle of the bands one-shot gauntlet):

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Rocker%27s_Stagewear_(Level_80%2B)#axzz5ME4fJOqw

the others are all still in their winter wear, since i've haven't played in ages. but will switch back to their usual outfits once christmas in july ends.

-my life wizard wears furs and rides a war boar; she looks like she'd be right at home in winterfell (if anyone watches or has read game of thrones/a song of ice and fire).

-my storm wears the vestment of ominous skies (from pharaoh's hoard pack):

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Vestment_of_Ominous_Skies_(Level_100%2B)#axzz5ME4fJOqw

my myth wizard is dressed like a gentleman~ he's all about the marleybonian finery, complete with tux and feather in his cap. death is a bit more casual, but still classy, and fire dresses in elegant gowns befitting royalty. of course, their looks change with the season, but that's half the fun.

i love that pvp robe, but hate pvp, so have accepted i'll never get it lol.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
If it comes to non-stitched, then yeah you're going to see a lot of waterworks and undying malistaire gear.

Stitched gear is just because of what's easily available however.

School design gear can be farmed for from various bosses such as Youkai or even the Mirror Lake bosses with ease. One variation of the winged robe comes fro the guardian's outfit, which can be bought in the crown shop for 87598 gold, which is much more appealing than 7000 crowns. The other variation comes from the Archangel's Attire, which costs 5000 crowns, but the robe also drops from Morganthe who's farmed frequently for other reasons already. And the rest of the commonly worn gear can easily be bought from Eloise Merryweather on different worlds, although no one bothers past Dragonspyre I believe.

And for the most part the outfits people wear are what is considered to be casual wear for the w101 world. People just don't find wearing animal heads or space outfits that great.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
LightofRuin on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
If it comes to non-stitched, then yeah you're going to see a lot of waterworks and undying malistaire gear.

Stitched gear is just because of what's easily available however.

School design gear can be farmed for from various bosses such as Youkai or even the Mirror Lake bosses with ease. One variation of the winged robe comes fro the guardian's outfit, which can be bought in the crown shop for 87598 gold, which is much more appealing than 7000 crowns. The other variation comes from the Archangel's Attire, which costs 5000 crowns, but the robe also drops from Morganthe who's farmed frequently for other reasons already. And the rest of the commonly worn gear can easily be bought from Eloise Merryweather on different worlds, although no one bothers past Dragonspyre I believe.

And for the most part the outfits people wear are what is considered to be casual wear for the w101 world. People just don't find wearing animal heads or space outfits that great.
I keep seeing your avatar and thinking you are me.