Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Changing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Now, I know this is something that gets brought up often but I think we need to keep talking about it!

Since there is now a way to change the appearance of wizards (the magic mirror) I don't think it is a far stretch to let us rename characters (for the price of crowns more than likely). I've seen Lydia Greyrose reply to these by simply stating that we have multiple character slots to use and that is simply avoiding the issue that can SO EASILY be fixed(especially since KI gave us the magic mirror like come on they can't really avoid this now). I, like many players, have been saving the spiral for 8+ years and have sunk thousands of hours into this game. The older I get, the more I just don't like the name my 13 year old self picked out for my wizards. Now, some would say one could just delete the wizard and start over. I would love the solution to be that simple but since 4/6 of my wizards are max level or close to it, that would cause all of the hard work I put in to be for nothing.

I really think that KI needs to look into letting us have a way to change the name of our wizards! Every single game I play has some way of doing it, whether letting you change your user ID once every __ days or having you pay like $5 for a name change coupon. So many games provide this service in an easy to use manner.

Please KI, really consider this. Myself and many others feel that this would be another amazing step you can take to further increase the quality of this already fantastic game!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
It is a good idea, and it is definitely something that they are looking at, however, you said a 5$ coupon. They have never charged real life money for something like this. It would be crowns, and most likely would be something like 500 or 1000 crowns.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
warewolf13 on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
Now, I know this is something that gets brought up often but I think we need to keep talking about it!

Since there is now a way to change the appearance of wizards (the magic mirror) I don't think it is a far stretch to let us rename characters (for the price of crowns more than likely). I've seen Lydia Greyrose reply to these by simply stating that we have multiple character slots to use and that is simply avoiding the issue that can SO EASILY be fixed(especially since KI gave us the magic mirror like come on they can't really avoid this now). I, like many players, have been saving the spiral for 8+ years and have sunk thousands of hours into this game. The older I get, the more I just don't like the name my 13 year old self picked out for my wizards. Now, some would say one could just delete the wizard and start over. I would love the solution to be that simple but since 4/6 of my wizards are max level or close to it, that would cause all of the hard work I put in to be for nothing.

I really think that KI needs to look into letting us have a way to change the name of our wizards! Every single game I play has some way of doing it, whether letting you change your user ID once every __ days or having you pay like $5 for a name change coupon. So many games provide this service in an easy to use manner.

Please KI, really consider this. Myself and many others feel that this would be another amazing step you can take to further increase the quality of this already fantastic game!
I so Definitely agree with you I honestly wish I didn't put a last name to my character and I would love to change it to where it only first and no last. It is just the matter of figuring out boundaries and limits for this and how to avoid issues that could arise from the name changer.
- Marissa Song 68