Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't switch to filtered chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
Hi, I'm currently 13 years old. I don't have filtered chat, and when my mom tried to enable it, the option was grayed out and she couldn't switch it. I know my real age is entered on the site, so it should know I'm 13.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Brooke HexTalon on Jul 4, 2018 wrote:
Hi, I'm currently 13 years old. I don't have filtered chat, and when my mom tried to enable it, the option was grayed out and she couldn't switch it. I know my real age is entered on the site, so it should know I'm 13.
I'm confused because I thought parental settings allowed parents to use their discretion to enable text chat even what their child was under 13 if they consider their child responsible enough. My friend changed it for her son when I told her how much easier it would be for him to find teams, make friends and join in with everything if he could talk.

Have you ever had it enabled and been sanction when using it? I'm not sure it's even possible to get a sanction with menu chat so if you've never used text chat this is really confusing!

Maybe your mum could email KI and see if they can sort it out for you? You shouldn't be stuck on menu chat forever even if your account is ineligible for open chat. I'm sure text chat should be available to you even if you still need parental permission (which you have).

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2018
When you're entering your age when register on site, you can't put your exact date of birth, you put only your real age at that moment, so Kingsisle can't know if you turned 13, you'll be able to enable it once the date you created your account arive.