Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Flagged for Suspicious/Fraudulent activity???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2018
All I've done was bought membership

and £30 worth of crowns.

But apparently that's classed as suspicious?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Sorry to hear of the troubles. If this continues to be an issue, please contact our Customer Support team.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
KeijiSicarius on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
All I've done was bought membership

and £30 worth of crowns.

But apparently that's classed as suspicious?
i also have the same problem i dont know how this works but can someone help

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sonlux on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
i also have the same problem i dont know how this works but can someone help
Basically there are anti-fraud systems in place, both through your bank and at KI to protect your bank account from being exploited. It kicks in when it spots potentially suspicious activity - eg if it is unusual use for you OR if it fits with known patterns often associated with fraud.

For example:

My bank will block my card from making transactions to KI when I make 2 payments in close succession. It's flagged because this is typical of fraud patterns - they make a payment and when it goes through they try to make more. Even though I have explained to my bank that we have 2 separate accounts to make payments on they can not over-ride their system and the only way to avoid it is to wait between transactions.

When this happens my bank calls me and it is rectified within 10-15 mins. They just want me to confirm it is me making the payments then they unblock my card. Different banks deal with it in different ways, so if it happens you might have to call your bank instead of expecting them to call you. They do this to protect your account and it is worth asking how you can avoid it happening in future (like mine said I should just wait a little while because it registers as a 'toy shop' in USA lol).

KI's anti-fraud system has also kicked in for me once as well. That was because I made multiple payments over one weekend. It amounted to a lot of money and was a-typical of my spending. I just sent them an email letting them know it was me and it was intended. They promptly lifted the block and sent me a nice email letting me know

Both systems are to protect us and both can be sorted out easily if we just confirm it is us and intended. If you get that message and it was not you, that's more concerning and contacting your bank and KI quickly is the best way to work together to prevent your bank account from being further compromised.

I hope this helps explain it a little

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If you buy too much within a short space of time it will tend to flag it as suspicious. It's a pain but it's because they want to protect you in case your card was ripped off. If you phone your credit card and they didn't put a hold on it then contact support at KI as Dworgyn said -- it might take a day or so (in my experience), to fix -- the only downside is that sometimes the sale ended by then. Have to wait for the next sale in that case.