Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for help defeating the Sand Squid!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I've had this in my quest log for too long now and I need to get rid of it.

Any help is appreciated!

My timezone is EST and I'm usually on from ~4 PM to ~11 PM

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I haven't run into the Sand Squid yet, but have you tried any of the Henchmen? If you have the crowns they're great partners. I personally like the one named Tartagna (named after one of the Three Muskateers I think. Dartagnon). He's a Life henchman, great at keeping me alive plus a couple good spells. He is 375 crowns a duel but stays with you until it's over, unless he gets killed. In the crown shop when you're looking at gear you have a "usable" button. Unclick that or none of the Henchmen will show up on your pages. Have fun.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 77 Fire

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The Sand Squid is a high level cheating boss who punishes all heals with an Earthquake spell from EACH of the tentacles still alive. Therefore, I would recommend not using a Life Henchman in that battle. Also be aware that Death's Sacrifice spell does trigger the Earthquake cheat, but the Wiki says pet heals do not. (That's new since I first fought him, in the beginning pet heals also triggered the cheat.)

Two people can do the battle if they understand the cheats and work together carefully. Any healing you do must be timed so that you won't lose your blades. It's better to lean on multiple traps and Feints, only putting up blades at the last second. Storm, Death, Balance and Fire are great schools to have as hitters in this battle because they have a lot of traps to work with and/or they boost against Myth.

A final note, killing the mini-tentacles will result in them respawning within a couple of turns. You have to go against the usual wisdom and kill one of the big "boss" tentacles first. After one is down, then kill all the little ones - at that point they should stop respawning and you'll be left with just one "boss" remaining.

As for finding someone to help you, probably Wizard101 Central is best for finding someone online to farm with right away. It's an active board with real-time posting, whereas this one is moderated and posts are delayed 6-24 hours.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
I've had this in my quest log for too long now and I need to get rid of it.

Any help is appreciated!

My timezone is EST and I'm usually on from ~4 PM to ~11 PM
Hey turtlemcturtleton!
How are you? Go to Wizard central and look up the Sand Squid for advice on it's attacks and how to defeat it. Is this the one with the drumming puzzle?
And where do you hang out so I can meet up with you?

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
it's also been in my quest log for quite a while and i would like to get rid of it. i may be able to join up with you if a certain time is arranged. I'm going to be quite busy over the next few days, though, so i may not be able to join.

Thomas Wildstaff, 94