Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge for 2008 players

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Since this year will be wizard101's 10 year anniversary and we got frontier dragons etc before, I think it would be cool to make a badge for people who have been playing since 2008-2010. Some ideas I have are

Wizard101 Master
Master of Magic
Wizard101 Veteran
Master of the Spiral

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'm not sure if I like this idea. (Please note the 2009 in my start date. Which is actually before your start date.)
It would be cool-and I definitely am with you that a reward of some degree is awesome-but I also would like to be able to get the reward. Our accounts are old-but if you had to have been here in 2008 I don't think you would get that many people getting the badge and I would feel kinda sad-if I missed the badge because I really like Wizard101 (like I assume you do too) and will probably continue to play it until it literally does die. I missed the Pioneer Dragon Mount last time and only got a Frontier Dragon. I guess what I'm saying is KI can I get the old person badge too?
Another thought that I had after reading some of the old posts is maybe have a reward that is based off of a certain date, but if we had like a badge we could have something like "Wizened Wizard" play Wizard101 for 7+ years so even those that started later have a chance of getting it. Perhaps we could do both.

Also I think having a badge saying you are an old person is actually a really great idea. I definitely would use it all the time. I just don't know if it should be like-have an account that is so old or if it should be an account created by a certain date.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Because accounts don't expire there would be a lot of inactive players achieving this badge while active players would be unable to. It would also be a bit of a kick in the teeth to current active players who want to collect all the badges because they will literally be unable to achieve their goal.

As someone who didn't know about the game until my visible join date on here, I recognise that the first players and in fact ALL the players who came before me are the reason the game continued and existed for me to discover it! If they had not supported the game I'd never have been able to enjoy it. Giving some kind of recognition to their dedication and contribution in the Spiral would be really cool

I wonder if there could be a vendor who gives any wizard visiting them a housing item for each year of service to the Spiral? It could be trophies or something prettier like dragons or dinosaurs perhaps, representing each Earth year. That way a player who has been here from the start can always have a complete set, while newer players like me will never get a full set as a new one will be added each year but will still be able to collect them for the years they've been here and continue to be here.

What do you think?

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
exp613 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure if I like this idea. (Please note the 2009 in my start date. Which is actually before your start date.)
It would be cool-and I definitely am with you that a reward of some degree is awesome-but I also would like to be able to get the reward. Our accounts are old-but if you had to have been here in 2008 I don't think you would get that many people getting the badge and I would feel kinda sad-if I missed the badge because I really like Wizard101 (like I assume you do too) and will probably continue to play it until it literally does die. I missed the Pioneer Dragon Mount last time and only got a Frontier Dragon. I guess what I'm saying is KI can I get the old person badge too?
Another thought that I had after reading some of the old posts is maybe have a reward that is based off of a certain date, but if we had like a badge we could have something like "Wizened Wizard" play Wizard101 for 7+ years so even those that started later have a chance of getting it. Perhaps we could do both.

Also I think having a badge saying you are an old person is actually a really great idea. I definitely would use it all the time. I just don't know if it should be like-have an account that is so old or if it should be an account created by a certain date.
Yeah I meant 2008-2009, for some reason I kept thinking my start date was 2008 lol (I was in elementary school at the time so couldn't remember). I missed the pioneer mount as well. I like earning badges but I still think it would be cool to have one for playing 8+ years