Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medulla Battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Hey KingsIsle so like..... Medulla is extremely and ridiculously difficult to defeat. So... ya know..... player to creator.... I'm going to need you guys to please dull it down a notch. Thanks!!!!!

-A Very Stressed Out Player :(

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It is not, it is just very time consuming, there are many good guides out there on this fight, check out duelist101!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I agree. I have tried it twice with two different groups and cannot get past it. I want to get to level 125, but it is proving to be impossible. Way too hard.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
It is not, it is just very time consuming, there are many good guides out there on this fight, check out duelist101!
It is very hard to have the entire team follow that strategy. This boss is very hard for team up players. I expect it'll be nerfed like all worlds are after a few months.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2014
Medulla isn't hard. I went in with my storm, two fires, and a death. We killed the minions in four rounds since I could feint all and then the fire killed. Once you kill the minions, it is very easy. I do think Medulla needs to be easier because if not it'll mess up future enemies. 125,000 health? Then the next final boss of Empyrea will be up to like 200,000.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It is possible-it just takes some time. Good luck guys!

Also I don't think KI should nerf until the next area comes out (Also you can quite honestly hit level 125 before getting to Medulla through various side quests). Again good luck-it is possible.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
cuddles118 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Medulla isn't hard. I went in with my storm, two fires, and a death. We killed the minions in four rounds since I could feint all and then the fire killed. Once you kill the minions, it is very easy. I do think Medulla needs to be easier because if not it'll mess up future enemies. 125,000 health? Then the next final boss of Empyrea will be up to like 200,000.

As nice as it is going in with a team like that, it is also not possible for that to happen for everyone. It is very hard to organize a team with all experienced and text chatting players.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
it doesn't need to be nerfed at all. it is the perfect difficulty. first people complained about polaris being too easy, then they complained about mirage being too hard, now people are annoyed at medulla being difficult. it's supposed to be challenging, that's what makes it fun.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I just on read on Twitter that Medulla battle will be nerfed when Empyrea part 2 comes out so everyone can get through the battle. Is that true?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
lachlan905cp on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
it doesn't need to be nerfed at all. it is the perfect difficulty. first people complained about polaris being too easy, then they complained about mirage being too hard, now people are annoyed at medulla being difficult. it's supposed to be challenging, that's what makes it fun.
Medulla supposed be challenging, may be fun for some but not for many others. Hardcore battles like this one are not easy for many players because everyone is different with different play styles and may not have the knack to defeat him like others do. People try and try again using different strategy and still can not get through the battle. That's not fun, that's irritating. The point is the game is deigned to be fun for everyone. That's why mostly likely Medulla will be nerfed; question is when

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
lachlan905cp on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
If you were to go back to the Mirage nerf discussions and look at the reasons why people want parts of the game nerfed, you'd see some valid and persuasive reasons as to why it is needed.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Given that the unanimous agreement of everyone i've run this dungeon with is "The second I finish this quest I'm never coming back in here again" I would say it needs a nerf (and if the rundown of the current test realm I heard on youtube is any indication its already in the works)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Discord Spiders on Mar 20, 2018 wrote:
Given that the unanimous agreement of everyone i've run this dungeon with is "The second I finish this quest I'm never coming back in here again" I would say it needs a nerf (and if the rundown of the current test realm I heard on youtube is any indication its already in the works)
I'm a casual player and I felt the same way after I tried battling Medulla over and over all day and got nowhere. I've tried different strategies and still kept dying. Everyone of my Wizards will not battle him until he's nerfed. The good news is Medulla just been nerted in the test Realm and possibly will be again when Empyrea part 2 comes out or little after. It's not uncommon For KI to nerf the same battle more than once.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Hello Wizards!

I disagree personally, it may be hard, but I love a great challenge! This diversity is why KI has a hard time coming up with new Worlds and bosses. About half the community thinks it is too easy, and about half the community thinks it is too hard. This is why when KI releases a new update, they make it harder at fist, and then make it easier about 3 months later. KI can't please everyone!

Have fun!

Wolf LegendSword-LvL 125 Wolf LegendSword-LvL 8
Daniel BattleShade-LvL 125Wolf LegendSword-LvL 6
Blaze NightRider-LvL 125 Sloan Bear-LvL 1
Michael ShadowStaff-LvL 125 Marcus WildStaff-LvL 1
Blaze NightFlame-LvL 125 Patrick Star-LvL 1
Carlos GhostDust-LvL68
Blaze MythRider-LvL 39