Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I catch other dekois than mainstream?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I need to catch dekoi fish other than the mainstream dekoi, for recipes for fish tanks. But for some reason I have only caught mainstream ones after completing Lucky's quest. How/where can I catch the fire and death dekois?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I suggest you go to castle tours and try fishing at a fire house or death house.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I have had luck with catching various dekoi's in Mooshu. There appears to be about 4 or 5 different Dekoi's altogether.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
I find this Fish Locator table from Wizard101 Central super duper handy: Fish Locator Table

The Charred (Fire) Dekoi can be found primarily in Mooshu and Dragonspyre. However, I recommend fishing in Mooshu so you can avoid those pesky DS sentinel fish. Jade Palace is a good place to start.

The Corroded (Death) Dekoi is a bit harder to find. According to the table, it can only be caught in Castle Darkmoor, Zamunda and Zamunda Outskirts (Zafaria), Ancient Burial Grounds (Mooshu), or the Private Fishing Retreat. If you're already fishing for the fire one in Mooshu, perhaps starting in the Ancient Burial Grounds would be easiest for this one.

Good luck!

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
As Vanessa already mentioned the Wizard 101 Fishing Locator Table is the place to use as a guide. I have found it to be not 100%, but it is in what you are seeking.

The next item I always recommend is the use of the Reveal Fish Spell it is the best tool. Once you know where to look and what to cast you should find it easier assuming you are using the School Fishing Spell (Level 1).

The easiest besides the Mainstream Dekoi is the Frost Dekoi as they are in the Commons closest to the Pet Arena.

For the Death or Corroded Dekoi he is a bit harder since you have to have earned the right to Mooshu and the Ancient Burial Grounds as the easiest location.
For the Fire or Charred Dekoi he is a bit easier in that you have one location in Marleybone in Barkingham Palace and then Mooshu before as Vanessa mentioned Dragonsprye.

Remember for each location you will need to have earned the right to enter them. So it might be best to do the House Tour and look for someone with Private Fishing Retreat for the Corroded. As for the Charred it appears in the Wiki as of now no houses have it, but that is not to say it is not out in the Spiral somewhere

I know what you are going through for I have at time had the same issue with my toon. But, I have become a fishing doer as an individual for am I build various tanks for my future Aquarium Display I want to make. Plus on some occasions with the Catch of the Day I will look for some quick coin to get me the other Regents I need for the fishing tanks

Hope all this helps and as Vanessa said Good Luck !!!