Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth "To-All" Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
I've had about three myth characters throughout my W101 journey. One level 95, one 74, one 50.

I've just come under the realization that myth doesn't have a good "to all enemies" spell. And I started getting frustrated, despite my current character being fire.

Like why doesn't myth get one? It gets the frog at lvl 22 and the earthquake at 42, but the earthquake isn't a big bump from the frog. The frog deals 265-325 and the earthquake is 310. Yeah it has the special gift of eliminating everything, but I'm concerned about the damage. From level 42, it gets NO spell whatsoever that hits all enemies. Myth people have to suffer leveling up to levels like 95 with two to all spells that have a level 20 damage. Like, every single school besides myth gets one at level 48. Life (although not an attacking spell) gets the rebirth, death gets scarecrow, fire gets fire dragon, ice gets frost giant, storm gets storm lord, and balance gets power nova. But myth gets an orthrus. Then life at level 58 gets a to all spell. These spells are still used at higher levels because they're good enough damage. Of course, enchanting it with a colossal will get it up to about 700, but that's like any other 48 spell without enchant.

I understand that nothing can be done about it now, because all the spells have already been implemented. I was just hoping to express my frustration on why it never came across some minds to give myth people one at, let's say, level 78? At least. If I'm correct, the next myth "to-all" spell is the Mystic Colossus and that's a shadow pip spell.

Am I right, or?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
You are mostly correct, but, as a Myth only wizard (if you don't count the lvl 5 life wiz I haven't played except for one session, and someone else's fire wizard I began playing in a family member's account 9 years ago), this one single wizard is in the one single best school, in my view. Yeah, you don't get the AOE spells after Quake, but not all schools are created the same. We got Orthrus at that level, yeah, but that spell changed my experience. A shield no longer mattered, and I still don't give a rip about pierce %. I think the whole experience as a Myth, with the minions and the stun abilities, makes it a school that is seldom recognized as top echelon. Go to the big time dungeons, true, you don't see many top level Myth wizards. It's not easy to blast through levels and persevere, but the payoff is bigger than you are allowing yourself to see. In a pvp battle, true, I may not be able to defeat an equal Storm wizard, but put each of us in a solo battle against a Boss-Mob combo with real abilities, I win that contest every time. I once tested my mettle by calculating how many spells a Boss had (I think it was somewhere in Aquila), based on an equivalent deck to mine, and the spells listed on the Wiki, divided them up and kept track during a couple battles. I not only lasted the duration of (by my calculations) the Boss's entire deck, but I did not die and did not use Reshuffle, killing the Boss after determining he would have run out of spells. There are a ton of analogies I could make, but here's just one: Balance has the ability to cast numerous types of universal blades, and few people would disagree with Balance being a support school. When you sit down and take the test to determine your school, if you answer honestly, and Myth is the school selected, it all makes sense. Otherwise, yeah, it probably is frustrating. It's kind of like how most wizards named Wolf are Storm wizards. That only makes sense to a Myth wizard.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
At L100 myth gets a KILLER spell in Mystic Colossis, a hit all spell. Also, keep in mind, while the BASE damage of the low end AoE spells is low, damage enhancement (blades, fists, etc) takes you a long way!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree. Myth does needs a higher damage AOE spell somewhere between level 55-100

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Sage RoseFlame123 on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
I've had about three myth characters throughout my W101 journey. One level 95, one 74, one 50.

I've just come under the realization that myth doesn't have a good "to all enemies" spell. And I started getting frustrated, despite my current character being fire.

Like why doesn't myth get one? It gets the frog at lvl 22 and the earthquake at 42, but the earthquake isn't a big bump from the frog. The frog deals 265-325 and the earthquake is 310. Yeah it has the special gift of eliminating everything, but I'm concerned about the damage. From level 42, it gets NO spell whatsoever that hits all enemies. Myth people have to suffer leveling up to levels like 95 with two to all spells that have a level 20 damage. Like, every single school besides myth gets one at level 48. Life (although not an attacking spell) gets the rebirth, death gets scarecrow, fire gets fire dragon, ice gets frost giant, storm gets storm lord, and balance gets power nova. But myth gets an orthrus. Then life at level 58 gets a to all spell. These spells are still used at higher levels because they're good enough damage. Of course, enchanting it with a colossal will get it up to about 700, but that's like any other 48 spell without enchant.

I understand that nothing can be done about it now, because all the spells have already been implemented. I was just hoping to express my frustration on why it never came across some minds to give myth people one at, let's say, level 78? At least. If I'm correct, the next myth "to-all" spell is the Mystic Colossus and that's a shadow pip spell.

Am I right, or?
You know that death's scarecrow deals about the same amount of damage as frog but with 7 pips, right? And life literally suffers through Celestia until you get your Forest Lord. Plus, this situation was made slightly better by appearance of Mystic Colossus. This is actually common complaint from Myth for a long time now, especially when Azteca came out. Also:
1. Forest lord deals 540-620 with 8 pips. Far from 700.
2. Fire dragon deals 440+351. The second part is over time, so myth can use around 3 frogs in the meantime.
3. Ice deals "amazing" amount of 475. Not even close to 700.
4. Scarecrow deals 400 and it receives lesser buff from enchants.
5. Power Nova deals 470, lower then ICE.
6. Storm is OP in PvE, so there is that.

That being said, do you really think others school have it so easy with their spells? There are problems with any school, not just myth. Different strengths, different weaknesses. Be proud - Myth doesn't have any major weaknesses, and very few minor ones. Myth is a palace of mediocrity and this is NOT a bad thing.

Explorer
May 20, 2012
I just thought about this last night. every school has a good aae spell except myth.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, just off the top of my head, I came up with an idea of a new myth AoE spell. Myth is known for 2 things; 1) minions 2) double hit spells. My idea is for an AoE double hit spell where it does a small hit, then a large hit, to all enemies. What should happen is the spell would hit all enemies at the same time with the weaker hit first, then hit all enemies at the same time with the second hit. An EXAMPLE of damage would be something like 50 on the first hit and 400 on the second hit. That is just an EXAMPLE of damage. This way, not only does it give Myth a stronger AoE, but also gives Myth's AoE something different. It's just a thought

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My first question to the OP...

Are you using blades and traps? Properly bladed and trapped, HumongoFrog can and will be a pretty formidable card.

Just remember you can cast 2 HumongoFrogs in the time it takes me to cast 1 Forest Lord.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Fear the Frog! This spell is still useful and my myth is level 125! I think people underestimate the effect of blades