Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frame Glitch on Certain Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2017
Hello!

I have been having a very strange issue on two of my characters. My fire character (level 5), and my life character (level 1) have been having very strange frame glitches when I move around on the characters. It seems that the frames just skip for about half a second, every three seconds. It is to the point where it is very difficult to navigate on the characters because of these frame glitches. I have an outstanding computer (I frequently run other very new games on ultra settings around 60 FPS), so I do not believe that is the source of the issue. I have done experimenting with my other characters, and on my death (level 121), balance (level 120), ice (level 101), and storm (level 100) I do not experience this glitch at all. If anyone could help me, or point me into a solution for this issue I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

PS. I tried deleting and remaking my life character twice, no change happened.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
There was an update I think last night or the night before that supposedly stopped this issue. So far mine has been good. Also there was a few cumulative updates for windows 10 if you use that so its possible windows is the issue. I have done all the updates and as stated mine has been good so far.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Andrew Death on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
Hello!

I have been having a very strange issue on two of my characters. My fire character (level 5), and my life character (level 1) have been having very strange frame glitches when I move around on the characters. It seems that the frames just skip for about half a second, every three seconds. It is to the point where it is very difficult to navigate on the characters because of these frame glitches. I have an outstanding computer (I frequently run other very new games on ultra settings around 60 FPS), so I do not believe that is the source of the issue. I have done experimenting with my other characters, and on my death (level 121), balance (level 120), ice (level 101), and storm (level 100) I do not experience this glitch at all. If anyone could help me, or point me into a solution for this issue I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

PS. I tried deleting and remaking my life character twice, no change happened.
This glitching can sometimes happen when we're in a crowded realm, or if there's a battle nearby.

In both cases, the added animations from all the other characters and mounts and/or spells being cast, competes with your wizard for computer cpu power. Sometimes, changing realms to a less crowded one can reduce the glitching and lag.

The reason why your higher level wizards aren't having the same issue is possibly because they're in much higher worlds, where there are very few fellow wizards in the area. For low levels in Wizard City and especially in the Commons, there are so many other wizards that some lagging is almost inevitable. Again, changing your baby wizards to a "normal" or "perfect" realm may help.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven