Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fleeing Darkmoor needs a stiffer penalty

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Ah, Darkmoor. Where most of your team can flee after the Graveyard, thus rendering the rest of the dungeon pointless. This has happened to me quite a few times, both on my ice and death, and it's incredibly frustrating. I did manage to complete Darkmoor on my ice, but still cannot find a team that stays on my death.

If a player (or players) joins a Darkmoor team, then flees after the Graveyard, or after Shane, said player(s) should not be able to use the Team Up function for 24 hours. Darkmoor requires a time commitment, and frankly, if you are not willing to make that commitment, but only decide this AFTER the Graveyard or Shane, you honestly should not be able to inconvenience anyone else for an entire day.

Seriously, just do the whole thing. If other players are willing to spend over an hour (or 2, or 3, depending on the team) slogging through Darkmoor, why can't you?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
A lot of those people who flee after the Yevgeny fight are only farming for the Athame that drops from there. It'd be kinda rude to them if they could only team up for Yevgeny once a day. At the same time, it must be quite frustrating if the entire team isn't willing to go all the way to Malistaire. Perhaps the Athame should be moved to Malistaire's drop table or one of the other two dungeons in Darkmoor.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I am not sure about 24 hours, but I am VERY sick of us doing a team up, and a person turns around and leave BEFORE anything even starts. THEY deserve a 24 hour punishment because that is just plain rude. That is what people do a lot and they think it's funny. I don't like it one bit. If they like to leave the team up so much and waste everyones time, they they don't need a team up. They will have to find people themselves who will wanna go on the sigil with them.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I know the feeling. It frustrates me when I spend all day trying to do " Graveyard " quest and half the time one or two wizards flee after the fist battle messing the team up. I think rube and unfair of them. Farming for the Athame should move to a differant boss.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
Darkmoor is a side quest just as tartarus was. And we all had the same issue with people going in and fighting cronus for "blade of the felled titan" and then not complete the dungeon.

Enter at your own risk if your not going in with a group of people you already know. Its just how it is. Instead of bickering about how people are. (There not going to change.) I would place a request in this forum and find a group of people to give you a hand at completing it in its entirety.

At least your going to get someone interested in doing the entire dungeon that way.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
I would love to do Darkmoor with you .

Myth wizard is Diana Mythsword ,so if you see her ask if she wants to do DARKMOOR with you.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
bob3567441 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Darkmoor is a side quest just as tartarus was. And we all had the same issue with people going in and fighting cronus for "blade of the felled titan" and then not complete the dungeon.

Enter at your own risk if your not going in with a group of people you already know. Its just how it is. Instead of bickering about how people are. (There not going to change.) I would place a request in this forum and find a group of people to give you a hand at completing it in its entirety.

At least your going to get someone interested in doing the entire dungeon that way.
Tartarus wasn't bad; I just made a deal with folks farming Cronus that I'd help them if they helped me with the dungeon. Easy peasy. Darkmoor is also a side quest, you are correct, and I have given up on finishing it on my death. I managed to solo almost all of Polaris and Mirage without any of the gear on my ice, so obviously, Darkmoor gear is not necessary. Sadly, I am unable to complete Mirage on my death because I have not been able to find a team for the last four bosses. But at least I have one character ready to start the next world.

Bickering, FYI, implies an argument of some sort. I was not arguing with anyone; I was making a point that has been stated before by other people.

If we are not meant to use team up for Darkmoor, Tartarus, and any other multi-boss dungeon, and only run them with "a group of people you already know," then perhaps KI should remove those dungeons from the kiosk, or create multiple sigils. One sigil for Graveyard, and another for the interior. One sigil for Cronus, another for Tartarus, etc. This has been suggested as a solution for Mount Olympus, where magus wizards find themselves alone after using team up, because the other three team members are only there to farm the Gladiator.

ormdrain Tower right now, so there's that.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
bob3567441 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:

It takes about all day to make a post on the forums for mods to look at youor messages. He woulld have to post, wait a day, then wait another for responses. Threads last weeks. There is no time for thatt. We need a penalty for people leaving dungeons early. I think it starts with Aquila