Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Working on a Myth pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Ok, so to make sure I don't have any serious sticky talents like health giver or spritely, I'd like advice on which myth pet I should train to adult and start hatching to make a decent one. Any opinions?
Brynn Ward
Brynn Frost
Brynn Thunder
Brynn Flame
Brynn Spirit
Brynn Light

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
brynnfrost8998 on Sep 23, 2017 wrote:
Ok, so to make sure I don't have any serious sticky talents like health giver or spritely, I'd like advice on which myth pet I should train to adult and start hatching to make a decent one. Any opinions?
Brynn Ward
Brynn Frost
Brynn Thunder
Brynn Flame
Brynn Spirit
Brynn Light
The way to avoid 'sticky talents' is to train several pets to adult and then only hatch together the pets that have two talents you want at adult. Example: one pet has both pain giver and ___ dealer, and hatch it with a pet that has spell proof and spell defy.

Hatch several babies from that parenting pair. Train each baby and discard immediately if any unwanted talent develops at teen or adult.

For the adults that train up two talents that you want, hatch again and now start training to Ancient. Again, discard any baby that gets a talent you're not selecting for.

Repeat this process again for Epic, then Mega.

As you can see, it will take months with mostly discarded teens and adults, millions of gold, gazillions of pet snacks, and oodles of patience.

The best pets to start with depend on your level and resources. I built my Myth pets from a dropped Dreamsong Seraph, a dropped Sea Dragon, a White Tiger from the crown shop, and a Cunning Seal pup, plus hatches from a friend's perfect Death Armament pet that had Fairy. It's taken me about six months to get everything I want combined onto a couple of pets that I use exclusively for 'breeding.'

Now I'm working on making the perfect (for me) Maple Moose and Rude Goblin.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Emma RavenCaller, 77

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I go with a maple moose and bronze golem, but that's because I really want the mythic fuel