Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need Help In a Weapon Choice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
So back when I did the first Aquila challenge thing (I don't remember what needed to be done) I got the Sky Iron Hasta, granting me a +10% damage bonus for all spells, +1 power pip at the start of a duel, and 6 uses of a 0 pip fire spell doing 85 base damage (meaning without any damage buffs from equipment, blades, etc.) During my late Dragonsypre experience though, I got Dean Darkflame's Cleaver, which grants 5 uses of a 0 pip fire spell that deals 100 base damage and +1 power pip like the Sky Iron Hasta, but it doesn't have a damage bonus. Which kinda sucks cause I want to use the Cleaver for the higher damage spell (and how cool it looks), but I still want the damage bonus the Sky Iron Hasta gives (wish I could just take the damage bonus and put it on the cleaver, but thats not how stitching works). So my question is, should I stick with the Sky Iron Hasta or use Dean Darkflame's Cleaver? (Also, I am a level 49 fire wizard as of this post)

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Scooter07210 on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
So back when I did the first Aquila challenge thing (I don't remember what needed to be done) I got the Sky Iron Hasta, granting me a +10% damage bonus for all spells, +1 power pip at the start of a duel, and 6 uses of a 0 pip fire spell doing 85 base damage (meaning without any damage buffs from equipment, blades, etc.) During my late Dragonsypre experience though, I got Dean Darkflame's Cleaver, which grants 5 uses of a 0 pip fire spell that deals 100 base damage and +1 power pip like the Sky Iron Hasta, but it doesn't have a damage bonus. Which kinda sucks cause I want to use the Cleaver for the higher damage spell (and how cool it looks), but I still want the damage bonus the Sky Iron Hasta gives (wish I could just take the damage bonus and put it on the cleaver, but thats not how stitching works). So my question is, should I stick with the Sky Iron Hasta or use Dean Darkflame's Cleaver? (Also, I am a level 49 fire wizard as of this post)
In my opinion, the 15 damage difference is worthless because I almost never even use wand attacks to begin with. I would just stitch the looks of the Cleaver with the stats of the Sky Iron Hasta.