Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

didnt know where to post this) questions on crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
ok so basically i havent played this game in a long time and i have never had crowns if i were to get crowns what would be some do and donts like dont buy potions or you should buy mounts etc like are certian things a waste of money or can you buy them with gold or idk also any other game tips would be helpful

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
If you go to the bottom, there are actually mounts that you can get with just gold. A lot of gold, yes, but it's better than buying a mount using real money if you really don't care about looks (the broom and lion mounts for example)

NEVER buy something with crowns that you can buy with gold (the Red Barn Farm is one example).

As for seeds, it depends on what you want to get. When it comes to King Parsley's only buy two because they multiply really fast (I only bought two seeds and after a month I had about 30 seeds just from harvesting them), the rest of the seeds can be found as drops.

I only ever used energy elixirs because I garden a lot and I used to run out of energy really fast.

The rest of the crowns, save them for pack opening when you reach level 110 or 120. The professor hoard and terror hoard packs drop pretty good gear at max level.

And as a random game tip, when spending training points only get the utility spells (feint, tower sheild, satyr) and save the rest for the sun school spells.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 39
Mindy Rainflower 2

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Rainbowcakes2thewi... on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
ok so basically i havent played this game in a long time and i have never had crowns if i were to get crowns what would be some do and donts like dont buy potions or you should buy mounts etc like are certian things a waste of money or can you buy them with gold or idk also any other game tips would be helpful
If you buy a potion ( like a transformation ) be aware that you will be using it directly after purchase - you can't store it for use later.
Bric-a-brac potions require you to be in the house before buying.
There are few mounts that can be bought for gold ( a large amount of gold ) just as you can buy any house for gold. Furniture packs can be bought for gold as well.
Most often, players use crowns for buying booster or snack packs.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
In my personal experience and opinion, depending on your level and available time, you might want to get unlimited access to all the areas. If you plan to play a lot after this, then it would be good to invest in crowns, but if you will pop on every once in a while, you should probably get the unlimited access.

In terms of what to spend crowns on, the only thing worth buying really are the collector packs and stuff like that where you could get rare mounts and pets. A lot of potions you can get from playing Grub Guardian and just save them until you need them (I have like 20 potions waiting to be used). If you like pvp then buy the access pass for pvp or the pet races.

Overall, it depends on how often you will play. Also you can get a little over 100 crowns free per day with trivia and advertisements in game. You could get a pack after 4 days then if it costs 399 crowns.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
If you go to the bottom, there are actually mounts that you can get with just gold. A lot of gold, yes, but it's better than buying a mount using real money if you really don't care about looks (the broom and lion mounts for example)

NEVER buy something with crowns that you can buy with gold (the Red Barn Farm is one example).

As for seeds, it depends on what you want to get. When it comes to King Parsley's only buy two because they multiply really fast (I only bought two seeds and after a month I had about 30 seeds just from harvesting them), the rest of the seeds can be found as drops.

I only ever used energy elixirs because I garden a lot and I used to run out of energy really fast.

The rest of the crowns, save them for pack opening when you reach level 110 or 120. The professor hoard and terror hoard packs drop pretty good gear at max level.

And as a random game tip, when spending training points only get the utility spells (feint, tower sheild, satyr) and save the rest for the sun school spells.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 39
Mindy Rainflower 2
Off topic but since you brought up the random game tip...

I thought you had to train spells in order. So in order to get Feint don't you have to train up to Skeletal Pirate first? or am I incorrect?

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Area51Alien on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
Off topic but since you brought up the random game tip...

I thought you had to train spells in order. So in order to get Feint don't you have to train up to Skeletal Pirate first? or am I incorrect?

Steven Ghoststalker
Yeah you have to train it in order, I should have made myself more clear

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 40
Mindy Rainflower 2

Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 39
Mindy Rainflower 2
But how do you get that much gold

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Rainbowcakes2thewi... on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Selling items that you don't need at the Bazaar usually gives a lot of gold. It's going to take a while, but it would be worth it.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
Rainbowcakes2thewi... on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
I'm going to assume your kind of new to the game. Once you reach the higher levels gold isn't your problem. To much gold is. Actually to much of everything. TC's. Items in your bag. Items in your shard bag etc.

Just to make room I actually sell and buy empower tc and give them away at least once or twice a week. It all depends how much I helped other players.

The higher level gear sells at a much higher rate hence the problem with gold.

So I guess to answer your question just do some farming with a high level friend in what ever world they are in and you'll get the higher selling items to sell. Gold problem solved.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Selling items that you don't need at the Bazaar usually gives a lot of gold. It's going to take a while, but it would be worth it.
What is the bazaar sorry if i sound weird for not knowing this btw

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Rainbowcakes2thewi... on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
What is the bazaar sorry if i sound weird for not knowing this btw
As you enter Olde Town, the Bazaar is is off to your immediate right (where you go to find the Smith) after that that immediate right head to the building on your left. Talk to the shop keeper inside.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
ladygaga3705 on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
In my personal experience and opinion, depending on your level and available time, you might want to get unlimited access to all the areas. If you plan to play a lot after this, then it would be good to invest in crowns, but if you will pop on every once in a while, you should probably get the unlimited access.

In terms of what to spend crowns on, the only thing worth buying really are the collector packs and stuff like that where you could get rare mounts and pets. A lot of potions you can get from playing Grub Guardian and just save them until you need them (I have like 20 potions waiting to be used). If you like pvp then buy the access pass for pvp or the pet races.

Overall, it depends on how often you will play. Also you can get a little over 100 crowns free per day with trivia and advertisements in game. You could get a pack after 4 days then if it costs 399 crowns.
Oh I have membership I just meant like things in the crown shop

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
You can always buy packs, or save up your crowns to farm second chance boss chests. These can come in handy for those dungeons that have boss(es) at the end that rarely drop gear.

If you have good luck, then you could always open some packs and get some pretty decent gear, of course you may want something from the Terror Hoard Pack.

If you don't do any of these, it's not worth buying crowns. Because that's just a huge waste of money, but if you're going to use them, I would totally go for it.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
Area51Alien on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
As you enter Olde Town, the Bazaar is is off to your immediate right (where you go to find the Smith) after that that immediate right head to the building on your left. Talk to the shop keeper inside.

Steven Ghoststalker
Oh ty that is very helpful since I had no idea what the bazaar was
Level 20 Madeline BluePetal

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I don't know how to start a new message board or if I can but I was wondering why I cant earn any crowns. I have taken trivia quizzes and watched videos ( my usual go to activities to earn crowns) but lately they aren't working. I've taken trivia and it says I got a certain amount correct but it doesn't award me any crowns. Next, I click on the Earn Crowns button in-game and I watch a entire video and I close out and it says I didn't watch it all only a few seconds. I am trying to save for the Myth House . But I can't because of this problem. Please help a fellow wizard out here. bye!