Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP RULES/To be discussed.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Hello kingsisle and everyone,
As we know the shadow wizards has more powerful damaging spells, which can kill any lower schooled wizard, but.. is this fair? As we know they can shrike and kill immediately the wizards that has no shadow.. so it'll be just a healing rounds and not doing anything else? well, why not keep level 100 and above levels to 120 to pvp together since only these levels has the shadow spells..? Even jades 100 to 120 has shadows and they don't get killed easily. level 1 to 99 should be a group and level 100 to 120 shadow wizards should be another group. so in conclusion, they're different group of wizards and we shouldn't mix them up in pvp as low level wizards keep getting level 100 to level 120 wizards and this makes shadow wizards level up and rank up easily which is the reason why kingsisle made pvp 4th age, since these shadows rank up easily on leaderboard on pvp 3rd age .. Kingsisle I hope you fix this issue soon. It's unfair for a level 80 and 90 and low level wizards get level 100 and above shadow wizards and loss their rank as shadows has powerful spells plus the shrike and the normal wizards has nothing only normal hits with heals.

~Opinions accepted below

Squire
May 10, 2013
shinyteddy on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
Hello kingsisle and everyone,
As we know the shadow wizards has more powerful damaging spells, which can kill any lower schooled wizard, but.. is this fair? As we know they can shrike and kill immediately the wizards that has no shadow.. so it'll be just a healing rounds and not doing anything else? well, why not keep level 100 and above levels to 120 to pvp together since only these levels has the shadow spells..? Even jades 100 to 120 has shadows and they don't get killed easily. level 1 to 99 should be a group and level 100 to 120 shadow wizards should be another group. so in conclusion, they're different group of wizards and we shouldn't mix them up in pvp as low level wizards keep getting level 100 to level 120 wizards and this makes shadow wizards level up and rank up easily which is the reason why kingsisle made pvp 4th age, since these shadows rank up easily on leaderboard on pvp 3rd age .. Kingsisle I hope you fix this issue soon. It's unfair for a level 80 and 90 and low level wizards get level 100 and above shadow wizards and loss their rank as shadows has powerful spells plus the shrike and the normal wizards has nothing only normal hits with heals.

~Opinions accepted below
1. If you are a 120 wizard facing a level 50 the 120 probably has low rank and the 50 is an overlord. The level 50 will probably have faced a lot of max wizards and will know how to defeat this wizard, either by stalling, stacking blades or some other strategy.

2. If you limit the PvP level groups then level 50s will take the majority of the leaderboard because without maxes in the picture PvP is pretty easy for them (sure, they would have to face level 80 death warlords but still)

3. If a 120 has around 600-700 rank, there is no way they will face a level 50 unless they boosted to some ridiculous rank, so if a 120 is on the leaderboard they wont face someone that is a lower level than them.

4. Most level 80 wizards are Jade-Juju spammers, have Guardian Spirit, and can pretty much tank everything so I think it is fair.

In conclusion:
It isn't really that big of an issue. It starts to become an issue when you face high skilled maxes but most of the maxes that have low rank aren't really that high skilled.

-Sean

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
PlayHard101 on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
1. If you are a 120 wizard facing a level 50 the 120 probably has low rank and the 50 is an overlord. The level 50 will probably have faced a lot of max wizards and will know how to defeat this wizard, either by stalling, stacking blades or some other strategy.

2. If you limit the PvP level groups then level 50s will take the majority of the leaderboard because without maxes in the picture PvP is pretty easy for them (sure, they would have to face level 80 death warlords but still)

3. If a 120 has around 600-700 rank, there is no way they will face a level 50 unless they boosted to some ridiculous rank, so if a 120 is on the leaderboard they wont face someone that is a lower level than them.

4. Most level 80 wizards are Jade-Juju spammers, have Guardian Spirit, and can pretty much tank everything so I think it is fair.

In conclusion:
It isn't really that big of an issue. It starts to become an issue when you face high skilled maxes but most of the maxes that have low rank aren't really that high skilled.

-Sean
Yes, we're facing high skilled maxes that are high much than us in pvp if you'r attending it already and they're warlords.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
Yes, we're facing high skilled maxes that are high much than us in pvp if you'r attending it already and they're warlords.
If you are facing high level maxes at a lower level, you are over ranked! There is no other way for this to happen. You can either deal with it or level your wizard. There is already a system in place for matching, it would only work better if the population of people doing pvp increased, and well with the toxicity of the arena and the high barrier to entry for new wizards, i do not see that happening any time soon.

Perhaps you may want to try other schools in the meantime.

Squire
May 10, 2013
shinyteddy on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
If you are a Grand PvP warlord and your facing a max warlord, (which is pretty much impossible) you probably Richard.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
If you are facing high level maxes at a lower level, you are over ranked! There is no other way for this to happen. You can either deal with it or level your wizard. There is already a system in place for matching, it would only work better if the population of people doing pvp increased, and well with the toxicity of the arena and the high barrier to entry for new wizards, i do not see that happening any time soon.

Perhaps you may want to try other schools in the meantime.
All of my wizards facing max level wizards. and I'm discussing it so kingsisle reads it. you said it there is no other way to happen which means this is an issue in the game. I don't think separating low level wizards and max level wizards will be an issue to you, since shadows fight shadows and normal wizards fight with normal wizards that has no shadow. Kingsisle can resolve this issue if they read, and it doesn't have anything to do with the number of wizards joining wizard101.

Thanks for discussing :).

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
PlayHard101 on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
If you are a Grand PvP warlord and your facing a max warlord, (which is pretty much impossible) you probably Richard.
Isn't impossible, being a wizard level 50, 65, 80, 90, 95 always to get shadows while doing pvp ranked from 100 to 120 and shadow wizards can just infallible + shrike and defeat me with one hit using shadow spells, which with the critical are more than the wizards health given in the game. Well.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
shinyteddy on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
All of my wizards facing max level wizards. and I'm discussing it so kingsisle reads it. you said it there is no other way to happen which means this is an issue in the game. I don't think separating low level wizards and max level wizards will be an issue to you, since shadows fight shadows and normal wizards fight with normal wizards that has no shadow. Kingsisle can resolve this issue if they read, and it doesn't have anything to do with the number of wizards joining wizard101.

Thanks for discussing :).
Actually it has every thing to do with population as the game is not finding anyone within your bracket to match you up with!

Squire
May 10, 2013
shinyteddy on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
Isn't impossible, being a wizard level 50, 65, 80, 90, 95 always to get shadows while doing pvp ranked from 100 to 120 and shadow wizards can just infallible + shrike and defeat me with one hit using shadow spells, which with the critical are more than the wizards health given in the game. Well.
1. It is impossible.

2. If you are a level 95 you have shadow magic so not having shadow magic is out of the equation.

3. If you have faced so many max warlords that just infallible and shrike and kill you in one hit and also have insane health, maybe its time you change your strategy. Pack shields. Spam heals. Blade stack. You can't let them beat you unless you let them.

4. Critical has been nerfed in PvP so it doesn't even matter this much at that point.

5. Go back to 3

-Sean

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Actually it has every thing to do with population as the game is not finding anyone within your bracket to match you up with!
But wizard101, Kingsisles exactly opened such thing as posting posts for wizards to state whats wrong and whats right. It has nothing to do with population sorry.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
PlayHard101 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
1. It is impossible.

2. If you are a level 95 you have shadow magic so not having shadow magic is out of the equation.

3. If you have faced so many max warlords that just infallible and shrike and kill you in one hit and also have insane health, maybe its time you change your strategy. Pack shields. Spam heals. Blade stack. You can't let them beat you unless you let them.

4. Critical has been nerfed in PvP so it doesn't even matter this much at that point.

5. Go back to 3

-Sean
1. Kingsisles never said anything is impossible.

2. What about the wizards lesser than 95.

3. Critical, Shrike, blade and infallible plus the peirce jewels does kill any wizard and all of this totally with a shadow spell gives 9,000 as a hit as it can go through shields and heal wouldn't help when you're dead.
** You can't let them beat you unless you let them **, so we understand that all the wizards that get defeated it's their fault and most of them who are in leaderboard. well, you never did pvp I think.

4. No one wanted the critical to be nerfed.

5. This post isn't against anyone but it does separates shadow wizards and the wizards that has no shadows and I don't know what is making you get triggered. Is separating shadow wizards and normal wizards affecting you? No. Unless you're a max who gets low level wizards and want it to continue.