Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A tweek to Monsterology

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I love the Monsterology concept. The ability to have minions on call via treasure cards is AWESOME!

That said, I would love for their to be in game tracking of what Monsters you've caught at least once (per world) and how many remain. Make badges available for those fortunate to have captured them all (gotta catch 'em all).

To make it easier to now where to look for the monsters, perhaps you could separate the tracking into minions, bosses, and dungeon only types.

Just a thought,

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
You can already keep track of how many there are in a world by looking at your Monstrology Tome. If you hover over the tab for each world, it says how many you have gotten out of the total available to be collected.

Moira Stormheart

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Moira Stormheart on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
You can already keep track of how many there are in a world by looking at your Monstrology Tome. If you hover over the tab for each world, it says how many you have gotten out of the total available to be collected.

Moira Stormheart
Yes, I do know that. I guess I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

As of right now the tracking only states that you've captured x of y available. I'd like to know, am I missing bosses? street thugs? dungeon only monsters? some of these monsters may only be available at certain times (like a B.O.X.E.S. or Lost Pages event).

Do I have all the undead monsters? or are some of the monsters I'm missing Wyrms and I won't be able to collect until I actually get to Avalon to buy the Wyrm Animus spell?

One of the fansites put together an Excel spreadsheet that tells what the monster is, whether it's a boss or not, what school, and what section of the world you can find it.

Some of the undead in Dragonspyre are in a place called "Baddle of the Bands" ??? I never made it past Marleybone back in 2010 (long story) and in the year since I've been back I've never seen a "Baddle of the Bands" event or area in Dragonspyre.

I guess I'd like an in-game way of keeping better track of what and who I still need to collect and when/where it is available for collection.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I do know that. I guess I wasn't as clear as I wanted to be.

As of right now the tracking only states that you've captured x of y available. I'd like to know, am I missing bosses? street thugs? dungeon only monsters? some of these monsters may only be available at certain times (like a B.O.X.E.S. or Lost Pages event).

Do I have all the undead monsters? or are some of the monsters I'm missing Wyrms and I won't be able to collect until I actually get to Avalon to buy the Wyrm Animus spell?

One of the fansites put together an Excel spreadsheet that tells what the monster is, whether it's a boss or not, what school, and what section of the world you can find it.

Some of the undead in Dragonspyre are in a place called "Baddle of the Bands" ??? I never made it past Marleybone back in 2010 (long story) and in the year since I've been back I've never seen a "Baddle of the Bands" event or area in Dragonspyre.

I guess I'd like an in-game way of keeping better track of what and who I still need to collect and when/where it is available for collection.

Steven Ghoststalker
There are several creatures in each tab of the tome that no one has been able to collect, I believe it is 7 of them that are actually able to be completed 100% at this time, KI still has some work to do fixing the bugs!