Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do i know which extract animus i should use

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
I used the highest level extract available on a level 13 boss and got message failed to collect wrong animus type

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Which Creature did you try to extract animus from? Some are not extractable currently.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Extraction is based on creature type. not levels. Look at the descriptions of the extract spells.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
It is based on the kind of creature you are fighting. Extract undead is for things like skeletons, and ghosts. The one for pigs can be used on ninja pigs, boars in Grizzleheim, and even cute little Wysteria pig students in the spiral cup. This might seem a silly question, but it is not. Did you do the Monstrology quest that you get in Ravenwood?
I did it on one wiz, then on another wiz, I found the Extract Pig spell, decided to get it and do that. When I targeted the pig and tried to collect, it told me animus was not collected because wrong animus type, even though it was extract pig being used on a pig. I found I had to go do the starter quest first, back in Wizard City. After that, same spell and same pig, it worked fine and collected. Oh, I also collected some other creatures first to raise my Monstrology level, making collection more likely.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Gavvy StarDust on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
Which Creature did you try to extract animus from? Some are not extractable currently.
it was a creature listed in the mobs/bosses entry on the internet so should be extractable

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Captain Clown on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
Extraction is based on creature type. not levels. Look at the descriptions of the extract spells.
you missed the point..HOW DO I KNOW WHICH EXTRACT SPELL TO USE AGAINST A MOB/BOSS
and do not say match the visual image to the extract spell to use

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Calamity Finch on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
It is based on the kind of creature you are fighting. Extract undead is for things like skeletons, and ghosts. The one for pigs can be used on ninja pigs, boars in Grizzleheim, and even cute little Wysteria pig students in the spiral cup. This might seem a silly question, but it is not. Did you do the Monstrology quest that you get in Ravenwood?
I did it on one wiz, then on another wiz, I found the Extract Pig spell, decided to get it and do that. When I targeted the pig and tried to collect, it told me animus was not collected because wrong animus type, even though it was extract pig being used on a pig. I found I had to go do the starter quest first, back in Wizard City. After that, same spell and same pig, it worked fine and collected. Oh, I also collected some other creatures first to raise my Monstrology level, making collection more likely.
I am at level 13 in monstrology...trying to collect from Grim Calaca (listed on wizard 101 central)...it does not look like any of the extract spells (not a pig , not a polar bear, not a wyrm).

So I am looking for something that would definitely show me what extract spell to use ( not only on this monster but on any of the others that look different) BTW KI how about an entry in the mob/boss description that tells what extract spell works

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Calamity Finch on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
Where did you find the extract pig spell?

I've got the extract undead, extract gobbler, and extract tree. Still trying to the extract wyrm.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
Area51Alien on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Where did you find the extract pig spell?

I've got the extract undead, extract gobbler, and extract tree. Still trying to the extract wyrm.
pigswick academy

used wizard101 central search