Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New update with crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
So, the new update for wizard101 gives players a potent trap treasure card for completing a quest in Azteca called "Broken Idols". But what about players who already completed this storyline quest and need potent tc for crafting? Do we get it in our treasure card section or are we just out of luck? If so, could potent tc drops be raised?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my level 92 Storm. She still doesn't have the Potent Trap and she's finishing up Azteca. What I'll probably do is have her farm Cronus and the Gladiator until one of them drops the PT.

Alia Misthaven
Sierra Stormcaller

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@ Dworgyn, is it possible for players who have already done Azteca but still need the Potent Trap TC, be able to join and assist others doing that quest and still be able to get the TC as a reward or is that going to be restricted to those who actually have the quest and doing it for the first time?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Sorry, you're out of luck, but this does put more Potent Trap treasure cards into the game naturally. My hope is that a few of these will start to show up in the Bazaar.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Dworgyn on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Sorry, you're out of luck, but this does put more Potent Trap treasure cards into the game naturally. My hope is that a few of these will start to show up in the Bazaar.
These cards are and have always been no trade/no auction which is why people were having the issue in the first place. Seeing them in the bazaar is not happening unless that is changed.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
The Potent Trap treasure card is no auction though...

I suggest lifting the restriction that stops them from being tradable.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Dworgyn,

As far as I am concerned, Potent cards are "No Trade". I've already tried to either sell it or trade with my friends and it is not allowed.

Are you sure it will be sold at the Bazaar?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the ONLY way this can happen is if the no auction clause is removed from the card.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
The fact that us players who have already worked hard to complete the game are "out of luck" is a little unfair honestly. I hope that they can fix this. At least make them be able to be traded. I don't understand why they are so rare in the first place. Make them non-pvp if they are worried about it. I have been farming for weeks and just apparently have HORRIBLE luck. I just need ONE. POTENT. TRAP.

See you in the Spiral!

Fallon AngleDreamer

Survivor
May 17, 2012
I have 8 (eight) active wizards and 2 of them have not gotten the potent even after farming 30 times each on those bosses that "supposedly drop" the treasure card, and they have already more than completed the storyline for Azteca and are at level 110 and 112 right now. It is completely UNFAIR that KingsIsle will not allow the potent treasure card to be purchased and/or traded because I do not want to make another wizard just to get that treasure card. Please, make the potent treasure card available to us wizards.