Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some ideas I had

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
So these are a few ideas I had. Some of them might have been asked before, but I figured I'd mention them again just in case.

1. A mass search feature - It would be really great to be able to find a particular item no matter where it's located on your account. Right now we have to search each wizard and in every nook and cranny which can be a pain if you have several wizards.

2. Pet recolors/more dyeable pets - Adding more customization to pets would be great. I've wished for many years that I could have a black or gray shadow beast. Pet names are great, but besides the few dyeable pets in the game, there isn't a lot of pet customization.

3. More name options - This include wizard and pet names. I have a lot of death pets that I would love to name ghost or phantom lol. You don't need to add a huge amount of names, but some new options would be welcomed. :)

4. New school-based houses - It's been a long time since we've gotten any new houses at all (that weren't a part of a bundle). A good and simple solution to this could be new school-based houses.

5. Equip a school pet if you're wearing the school amulet - There are times when I want to work on a school pet for one of my lower levels, but can't since I can't equip the pet to train it. Or maybe I have more energy on one wizard than the other and would like to train the pet on the wizard with the most energy. If my death is wearing the life mastery amulet he should also be able to equip the life dryad, kookaburra, satyr pet etc. Once I unequip the amulet then the pet can go back to being unusable.

6. Shorter hatching timer for pet xp benefit - While the member pet xp boost is great, I think it would be awesome if the length for the hatching timer was shortened during the boost as well. Maybe 4 or 5 hours instead?

I know these aren't the most extreme ideas, but I think they'd make great additions to the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Obsidian Knight on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
So these are a few ideas I had. Some of them might have been asked before, but I figured I'd mention them again just in case.

1. A mass search feature - It would be really great to be able to find a particular item no matter where it's located on your account. Right now we have to search each wizard and in every nook and cranny which can be a pain if you have several wizards.

2. Pet recolors/more dyeable pets - Adding more customization to pets would be great. I've wished for many years that I could have a black or gray shadow beast. Pet names are great, but besides the few dyeable pets in the game, there isn't a lot of pet customization.

3. More name options - This include wizard and pet names. I have a lot of death pets that I would love to name ghost or phantom lol. You don't need to add a huge amount of names, but some new options would be welcomed. :)

4. New school-based houses - It's been a long time since we've gotten any new houses at all (that weren't a part of a bundle). A good and simple solution to this could be new school-based houses.

5. Equip a school pet if you're wearing the school amulet - There are times when I want to work on a school pet for one of my lower levels, but can't since I can't equip the pet to train it. Or maybe I have more energy on one wizard than the other and would like to train the pet on the wizard with the most energy. If my death is wearing the life mastery amulet he should also be able to equip the life dryad, kookaburra, satyr pet etc. Once I unequip the amulet then the pet can go back to being unusable.

6. Shorter hatching timer for pet xp benefit - While the member pet xp boost is great, I think it would be awesome if the length for the hatching timer was shortened during the boost as well. Maybe 4 or 5 hours instead?

I know these aren't the most extreme ideas, but I think they'd make great additions to the game.
I don't have a problem with any of your ideas EXCEPT #5. Just because a wizard may be wearing the amulet of a different school, that should not entitle them to equip the School Pet that is not their own school.

As for a shorter hatching timer, KI has already reduced that for members from 24 to 12 hours. I highly doubt they will lower it any further since there are Hatching elixirs that will reset the timer.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I really love these ideas but I don't think number 6 is a very good one. I realize some people really want to get a pet and start training it right away but there has to be some hatch time. It also has already been shortened for members.

I like your name idea I feel like they should add names that correspond with the school the person or pet is like a good fire wizard or pet name could be Ember and a myth wizard or pet could have a name like Athena or Poseidon.

~Natalie lvl 74
~Natalie lvl 35