Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help me out here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
ok so I have a level 86 balance wizard and I was fighting a boss. I was gonna chimera him with a colossus, then I put a blade for 25% then one for 20, then I used sharpened blade on blades to get 35 and 30 percent. Then I used a sprit blade and also a sharpen blade too, so I got a plus 35 and a plus 45 percent increase, then I used a tc spirit blade, and also a pet given blade for 20 percent and I put traps on him. Now keep in mind that my gear gives me 95% extra balance damage. And all of this did like a total of 7000 damage. For real? Why does that feel week oh and I also used the star school plus 25% to spell damage, I forgot the name. Anyway why didn't I do a lot of damage I don't get it a storm Mage who only has 3 blades up and 70 percent boost on his damage from his gear does more than mine. Now I know he is storm but for real I should've done a ton more damage. Idk if it was a bug or what but it made me mad, I don't get it no matter how much I boost on balance it doesn't do much damage.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Hey, I think you might have posted this in the wrong section. Problems go into Halston's Lab. Also if you used chimera, although it is a balance spell it contains death, life, and myth damage. So that is most likely what went wrong because it didn't use your balance damage. Same with the elemental blast spell.

Morgan Darkrider 120

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's because the Chimera uses three smaller hits (340 each) instead of one, large blow. Storm's rank 9 spell deals 880 damage, (Sirens) and even their rank 7, Storm Lord, does 690. Each small Chimera hit is amplified but they start at an even lower level of damage than a Storm's rank 3, Storm Shark (375-435).

The spells are incomparable ... and I mean that in a bad way.

Getting through this phase of the game, Alia never used Chimera. Instead, she relied on Spectral Blast, Ra, Judgement, Mana Burn and Supernova. With her accuracy buffed up (because it has a high fizzle rate), Supernova became her number one spell. It deals 500 damage for 2 pips, repeat it as soon as any mob casts a bubble.

You'll eventually earn Sabertooth, which packs a nice wallop compared to most of your previous spells. 1000 for 10 pips.

Alia Misthaven, 120

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
This is highly dependent on your gear. If you have relatively high damage, then doing this much damage with 3 blades is normal. However, if you have lower damage for your level and need to stack this much without a critical, it will only do 7000. It also depends on the spell. Many spells stack damage differently than others. Also, a storm wizard at level 86 generally has over 90% damage and maybe a 60%+ chance to critical. I have noticed that their spells stack differently than other schools though.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
That's just how the game was designed. Can't really help you there.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
A common mistake in your math my friend. With spells like chimera the damage is applied as follows (my guess from testing with hydra cause it same idea). Normally spells add on incline like 30% + 30% is not 60% but 30% + 30% of the 30%. With chimera it's different your attack is main boosted by balance but also is improved by your death, life, myth damage stats. Means to do a lot with chimera you need high balance damage for one and high damage in your death myth and life. Means every blade that is balance is used will be consumed by each stage of hit. This means you need 3 of each blades I you for it to do is full effect. If balance took your full stacking and divided it by 3 it would be way more powerful and would be easier to use. Again this is a mistake on kingisle part in the development of this spells. As suggested just don't use the spell chimera instead go and farm the lycandian Hydra pet. It is as powerful as rap and is aoe. And forget chimera it's a terrible spell I would never suggest using.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Lukeskywalker1313 on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
A common mistake in your math my friend. With spells like chimera the damage is applied as follows (my guess from testing with hydra cause it same idea). Normally spells add on incline like 30% + 30% is not 60% but 30% + 30% of the 30%. With chimera it's different your attack is main boosted by balance but also is improved by your death, life, myth damage stats. Means to do a lot with chimera you need high balance damage for one and high damage in your death myth and life. Means every blade that is balance is used will be consumed by each stage of hit. This means you need 3 of each blades I you for it to do is full effect. If balance took your full stacking and divided it by 3 it would be way more powerful and would be easier to use. Again this is a mistake on kingisle part in the development of this spells. As suggested just don't use the spell chimera instead go and farm the lycandian Hydra pet. It is as powerful as rap and is aoe. And forget chimera it's a terrible spell I would never suggest using.
harpy... pet dropped by Sand Squid, Atlantea, at epic has Lycandian Chimera,after also getting Spiritual blades, and Spritual Blast