Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage is less than it should be?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Can someone explain to me why when I hover over my damage and it lists everything giving me damage why when I add that up it's more than what the game is giving me? I add it up to be 115 but the game shows 114? Can someone explain why the game is ripping me off one damage point?

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Maybe you did the math wrong. To be honest, I don't know why one damage off really matters anyway.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
XaZeRs on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why when I hover over my damage and it lists everything giving me damage why when I add that up it's more than what the game is giving me? I add it up to be 115 but the game shows 114? Can someone explain why the game is ripping me off one damage point?

Does your pet give damage? The damage talents on a pet are rounded up depending on how much a talent gives. For example, Pain Giver could actually give 5.6% damage, but it is displayed as 6% when you see your pet's talents.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
The damage off isn't big of a deal, just more of an annoyance. I didn't do the math wrong I've checked multiple times.

Yes, my pet does give damage and I understand that they round it up, but if they round it up to display why do they round it down while adding it up?

Explorer
May 03, 2016
XaZeRs on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:

the game doesn't round

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
XaZeRs on Jun 25, 2017 wrote:
The damage off isn't big of a deal, just more of an annoyance. I didn't do the math wrong I've checked multiple times.

Yes, my pet does give damage and I understand that they round it up, but if they round it up to display why do they round it down while adding it up?
the individual talents displayed on the pet round, so 5.6 and 5.6 show as 6 and 6

but the wizard stats sum, then round, so 5.6 + 5.6 = 11.2 shows as 11

your real stats used by the game in combat to calculate damage don't do either of those, so your 11.2 acts as 11.2

This sometimes causes confusion, but doesn't adversely affect play -- you get the real boosts you should get based on the pet's attributes.