Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance mastery amulet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
I have a balance wizard I am leveling as an alt to my fully leveled death. I am wondering what is a good mastery amulet / secondary school to pair with balance? I was thinking frost for the extra shields or maybe life for the healing since balance is more a support class than a solo class like death. Any advice from other balance wizards?

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Michael Lifehunter on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
I have a balance wizard I am leveling as an alt to my fully leveled death. I am wondering what is a good mastery amulet / secondary school to pair with balance? I was thinking frost for the extra shields or maybe life for the healing since balance is more a support class than a solo class like death. Any advice from other balance wizards?
no point getting ice mastery all ice shields are 0 pips. Get life if you really want one but you dont need it balance has some good heals.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2015
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
no point getting ice mastery all ice shields are 0 pips. Get life if you really want one but you dont need it balance has some good heals.
I hadn't thought about that. You are correct the tower is 0 pips so the mastery would be worthless. Balance heals are not very good at later levels though as a support class are they? Also was thinking some life spells would help for damage since balance damage stinks for solo play.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I do not use a mastery amulet on my balance, unless it is a specific need to speed farm some dungeon or other, they are just fine on their own.

As far as secondary schools, that really is a misdirection on KIs part, once you level up you will never have as much damage in a second school as you will a primary, so training all those extra points in one school is not going to help you in the long run.

As far as off schools spells are concerned, I would definitely train feint, other than that its up to you and what you feel you need as you progress. Having extra training points sitting waiting is not a crime and waiting will keep you from having to retrain later when you realize you made a mistake.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
You could basically use any type you wanted. However, there are some pros and cons to using each type. I'll list them below.

Death- Death has a lot of good drain spells, so that could be a good idea if you wanted to get some health back. Unfortunately the drain spells are very weak without blades, but since your balance you could easily fix that. You would also get the move Feint (70 hex trap on enemy and 30 hex trap on you)

Life- If someone chose Life they would have probably chosen that for the healing spells. (Sprite, Satyr) Their attacks are pretty weak though.

Myth - Myth wouldn't really be a good secondary. Later on in the higher levels the only useful attack would Minotaur (hits twice,) and Earthquake (removes all blades and shield from your opponent and attacks all enemies.

Storm- Storm has very powerful attacks so this could be an amazing secondary. However it's fizzle percentage is 70% which is low unless you would blade it up with accuracy boosts.

Ice- Probably the only benefit to getting ice as a secondary would be tower shield. Other than that their attacks are pretty weak. (But since your balance you could change that easily)

Fire- Just like storm fire is powerful but also has a low fizzle percentage 75%.

Here is my recommendation on a secondary. You shouldn't train just only one class. Here is what you should do:
Ice- Tower Shield (5 training points)
Death- Feint (8 training points)
Life- Sprite (4tp) , Spirit Armor (5tp) , Satyr (7tp)
Then from the balance tree the elemental and spirit traps and blades. ( For hydra and chimera or your secondary)
The Astral schools in celestia.

Comment anything you think I missed. Thank you!

Destiny GhostHunter Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
RYAN DEATHSTORM on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Honestly, you won't need a life amulet.

Availing hands and helping hands are all you're gonna need for healing.

With that being said, I honestly have no suggestion as to which amulet you should get, i'm still trying to figure that out myself.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Michael Lifehunter on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
My level 120 Balance has trained both Life (to Satyr) and Death (to Feint), but only had a mastery in Life that she used for special situations where there is no other Life wizard available AND intense healing was needed.

Availing Hands changed everything. If I ever do another Balance, I will only train Death up to Feint, and no mastery amulet at all. (Alia trained Life back in 2010, before Wintertusk and the Availing Hands heal spell were released.)

Alia Misthaven, 120

Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
You're balance, I think it would be unwise to get a ice amulet unless you're into dueling/PVP.
Personally, I know that balance does good damage, and ice has decently low pip-usage.
I personally would recommend life to you, or death depending if you play aggressive or not.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
My main character is a level 120 Balance. I don't see any need, at all, of using mastery as you go. As everyone has been saying, you got Avaling Hands which is more than enough.

I just use life mastery, very rarely, when I'm doing a difficult Boss in a team. If there's no life around, it may be useful to have it just for rebirth. Of course you have to make some adjustments to fit this playstyle, such as different gear (outgoing healing), treasure cards, and auras to enhance your heals. I got like 80% outgoing as Balance life mastery, of course I could go higher but I just don't feel like getting good gear or Jade, it's not something I do all the time xD

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I would generally not recommend off-school spells for damage. Life mastery and rebirth TC could be useful if you want to act as a team healer, otherwise you are fine with native balance heals. Death to Feint gives you a good universal buff, no mastery needed, so you could use a Witches Star amulet or Jewel of the Feint for another stacking boost. Ice to Tower is a good idea if you PvP, a waste if you don't. There's no need for Tower questing.

Astral spells are important for all schools, especially the Sun damage boosts. As Balance be sure to train Infallible. That allows you to pierce most Balance mobs enough to take them out with Ra, Sand, or Nova.