Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to grow our wizards.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
Hello every one, I have an idea that I think needs to be implemented into the game. My idea is that wizard chars need to age somehow at least grow in stature mainly because we reach such high lvls but we are still a child. I mean we even graduate from Ravenswood yet we are still a child. There should be some kind of a mechanic to let our wizards age a little.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
frostking1234 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
Hello every one, I have an idea that I think needs to be implemented into the game. My idea is that wizard chars need to age somehow at least grow in stature mainly because we reach such high lvls but we are still a child. I mean we even graduate from Ravenswood yet we are still a child. There should be some kind of a mechanic to let our wizards age a little.
That would require making new avatars every, what? 10 levels?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
anecorbie on May 10, 2017 wrote:
That would require making new avatars every, what? 10 levels?
Couldn't agree with this any better, honestly. KI would most likely not take the suggestion into hand whatsoever. It just doesn't seem to go with their lane.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I understand where you are coming from. And it is a neat idea. But instead maybe at level 50 we become a teen (slightly taller, head more proportionate ) and then 100 we become an adult where your character looks more mature (while keeping the style.) and is as tall as the other adults, maybe a little bit shorter.

Also at each milestone maybe then they could let us change our hair/eyes with new options unlocked.

It would be cool to see around what level everyone is just depending on how old they look.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
Tacoopanda on May 15, 2017 wrote:
I understand where you are coming from. And it is a neat idea. But instead maybe at level 50 we become a teen (slightly taller, head more proportionate ) and then 100 we become an adult where your character looks more mature (while keeping the style.) and is as tall as the other adults, maybe a little bit shorter.

Also at each milestone maybe then they could let us change our hair/eyes with new options unlocked.

It would be cool to see around what level everyone is just depending on how old they look.
mmmmm, nuh uh, I don't wanna look like those shopkeepers in Wizard City...

~Mark Shadowcloud~
~Reed Goldenblade~
~Jonathan Crow~

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Tacoopanda on May 15, 2017 wrote:

But with the lvl cap keeps increasing, they would soon have to update the base and stretch more of the age.

Alejandro

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
1of1 Buccaneer on May 16, 2017 wrote:
mmmmm, nuh uh, I don't wanna look like those shopkeepers in Wizard City...

~Mark Shadowcloud~
~Reed Goldenblade~
~Jonathan Crow~
You'd look different than them. Since they all look the same. The only thing that would be the same is the height.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
reyes107 on May 17, 2017 wrote:
But with the lvl cap keeps increasing, they would soon have to update the base and stretch more of the age.

Alejandro
Yeah.. that's the only issue I can think of.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
I like this ideal
but I think it would be best if every they only grew from teen to adults say depending on age like if your 15 to 19 you look like a teen if your 20 to 30 and up you look like more of adult and kids under 15 look younger and less teen like littile kids are suppose to that be fun yet not to much for the game to handle and maybe 60 to 80 age group could look like old men and women no disrespect but its ture.

Survivor
May 01, 2017
I agree, This idea should be implemented into the game!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
frostking1234 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be great, but probably would only need to happen 1-2 times. I think it is a really good idea, because when you look at the other "human" characters (Cyrus, Malistaire, Morganthe) they are much taller than us; and if we have not aged since the first time we entered Wizard City, then there is no such thing as aging in the spiral. I think they should do it every 150 levels.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
As much as I like this idea, I can see a couple problems with it. For each new player model, wouldn't each and every piece of gear have to be altered to suit it? Plus, with the lvl cap increasing, they'll have to stretch the ages farther, unless they make it where you stop growing at a certain point.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
after every arc your character gets taller and thicker....and wigs, as a male, have a togglable beard, mustache....i mean you think about it, we run miles, swim oceans, tackle towers, fly through worlds, mount wild creatures... and we're still toothpick-y so i say after every arc...50 lvls...... or have muscles base on pvp ranking... being warlord would make you massively built, while being private... you're you.. and after every arc, we get more wizardry... particles fly off us as we step... we actually move faster, the point of levitation, we get taller..etc. after arc 2, we start getting black smoke by our feet... shadow magic and our eye begin to softly glow red by the end of arc 3...... im picturing we're going to go full shadow corrupted and evil by the end of arc 4.....

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
This just sounds like a horrible idea. Plus this will probably make the game lag even more.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I like this idea. As the playerbase grows in age, so does your character. It makes everything seem more "personal".

KI would probably never want to do this for several reasons, however, one being that KI wouldn't want to have to redo character designs, which is evident in that we haven't had a character design update since the beginning of the game (which is extremely unfortunate).

I support a character model change for the next world release, be it with design/graphics or with this age idea. It's time that this was updated. Something simple to avoid a gradual age transition would be for our characters to undergo some sort of "metamorphosis" before entering the next world so that we're "powerful enough" to tackle the next challenges, or something. We can redesign our character based on a different model, be it older or just updated, and then continue questing. I mean, we already have potions and quests that allow us to change our appearance anyway so this would be a good mechanic to take advantage of. And, if a player wants to change back to their old model, they can implement some sort of toggle option to turn it on/off. It's like a transformation potion that you always have. Even something like a brand new, toggle-able, and customized shadow form model would be cool, and it could fit into the storyline somehow.

CH

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
I like how people are replying to this idea which was more of a suggestion than actually needing to be done. Honestly i was hoping for a bigger reply on the thing that should definitely be done. Please look up my idea one remaking the moon school.