Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Treasure Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
I have just hit hour 16 of farming Fuego spirit in the saltmeadow swamp trying to find this treasure card. I am drawing the line. I am not having fun anymore, I'm just done. I don't know if I am just unfathomably unlucky, or that this one treasure card is, by design, so rare that it takes 15+ hours worth of farming after already completely Azteca to get. Seeing as I am not the first person to post about this crafting quest, I am guessing its the latter. In that case, I think it's just poor game design and just makes the game significantly less enjoyable. Without going into too much more detail, I think it's petty things like this that drive players away from this game, apart from the other major balancing issues. That's just my two cents I suppose; hopefully this game moves away from stuff like this.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
EDUDE851 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
I have just hit hour 16 of farming Fuego spirit in the saltmeadow swamp trying to find this treasure card. I am drawing the line. I am not having fun anymore, I'm just done. I don't know if I am just unfathomably unlucky, or that this one treasure card is, by design, so rare that it takes 15+ hours worth of farming after already completely Azteca to get. Seeing as I am not the first person to post about this crafting quest, I am guessing its the latter. In that case, I think it's just poor game design and just makes the game significantly less enjoyable. Without going into too much more detail, I think it's petty things like this that drive players away from this game, apart from the other major balancing issues. That's just my two cents I suppose; hopefully this game moves away from stuff like this.
I agree, since it's part of the quest, it should be a quest reward.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
having same problem is fuego only way to get it?

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
EDUDE851 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
Try Yacate Farwalker in Xolotl tower in Alto Alto. It took me 6 runs for my death to get it there.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
there's plenty of monsters you can get the TC from. Central lists a ton of them, and also lists a gardening source (though no idea how rare a drop that is). I usually fight the one guy in the Zocalo for it, altho it's one of those things where you get them when you dont need them but never when you want them type of thing

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I got it first try but what sucks about me is i used it on crafting the thing but i didnt get the part where you have to craft it :(