Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random thoughts and suggestions (long post)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2015
As I have been a PVPer since the 1st age, I have seen many changes, not all for the better I would have to say.
The participation level has declined and continues to steadily. I have watched many a match and have noticed a trend. Here are some observations and suggestions:

1) Low levels using very high level TC. as much as some will say that is their right, it discourages the new comers and the fairness of the match in general. I would like to see the TC usage have a level minimum (maybe 20 levels lower then the learned spell). Not only does this allow a more fair match, it also forces people who want to use a high level TC to level accordingly to use it (hint hint KI: more $$ for you).

2) Maybe a rank based menu for practice matches: example
Private to Veteran only
Knight to Warlord only
All ranks

This may encourage players to try PVP and improve their skills before they decide to go to the next level.

3) Practice match: Automatic delete of a match where it is a friends only side and there are no players in that side.

4) Just as Gargantuan is level based enchantment, make the monstrous, giant etc level based as well. This forces players to choose a character level where they can use the spell they want.

These are just some suggestions which I think will not only benefit the game, but KI as well. This should allow a more enjoyable PVP experience in general.

For those who think I am saying this because I lose in PVP, I have a ton of legit Commander geared chars, that win on a regular basis. I would just like to see the non geared players have equally the amount of fun that we do.

I would love your comments.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
That was a nice, thoughtful post.

Great ideas about organizing our practice matches.

I agree, low level PvP currently doesn't represent the true skill and determination of players to win matches. This DOES NOT apply to those low level overlords (Rank over 900). Good on you.

Ranked based menu sounds alright. I'm a little iffy about the concept since I believe that many newcomers will be intimidated if many Warlords populate the All Ranks section of Practice matches.

Neat concept, behind you 100%.
Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 102+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
Prooga on May 7, 2017 wrote:
As I have been a PVPer since the 1st age, I have seen many changes, not all for the better I would have to say.
The participation level has declined and continues to steadily. I have watched many a match and have noticed a trend. Here are some observations and suggestions:

1) Low levels using very high level TC. as much as some will say that is their right, it discourages the new comers and the fairness of the match in general. I would like to see the TC usage have a level minimum (maybe 20 levels lower then the learned spell). Not only does this allow a more fair match, it also forces people who want to use a high level TC to level accordingly to use it (hint hint KI: more $$ for you).

2) Maybe a rank based menu for practice matches: example
Private to Veteran only
Knight to Warlord only
All ranks

This may encourage players to try PVP and improve their skills before they decide to go to the next level.

3) Practice match: Automatic delete of a match where it is a friends only side and there are no players in that side.

4) Just as Gargantuan is level based enchantment, make the monstrous, giant etc level based as well. This forces players to choose a character level where they can use the spell they want.

These are just some suggestions which I think will not only benefit the game, but KI as well. This should allow a more enjoyable PVP experience in general.

For those who think I am saying this because I lose in PVP, I have a ton of legit Commander geared chars, that win on a regular basis. I would just like to see the non geared players have equally the amount of fun that we do.

I would love your comments.
I agree with all of the suggestions. But I would also say that the Crafting Gargantuan workaround (i.e. exploit) should also be taken care of because all of low level PvP is filled with people enchanting their Lore spells with Gargantuan and Colossal (from Sunions)

This could be taken care of easily if there were a system of level locking TCs. So, people could get the drops and craft Gargantuans, but they just couldn't use it until the character reached the appropriate level. This is already done with the Jewels, where Gargantuan is level-locked.