Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-5-17

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
For the most part, I'm content with the way dailies have been going. I like that they are relatively quick; I only have four wizards but even that takes time. Plus, I really like the Pekron concept and would like to see you folks expand on that, especially if it tied into Spiral Lore or even a quest line. In that respect, I don't know how gardening, pvp, or other activities would result in a Pekron reading, unless Aegon is attempting to track them at the cellular level, like midichlorians. That could be interesting; visiting NPC's to check their levels could be a possibility. I also enjoy solo play, so team up would not be something I'd enjoy; I can see how it might be useful in getting readings from bosses, but again, that would take more time.

If anything, PLEASE stop repeating assignments if there are other objectives in the same area that have yet to be completed. For example, all of the gobblers in Colossus Boulevard have been done repeatedly except for the Glutton. The Rotting Fodder in Dark Cave needs to be hit, and none of the creatures in Unicorn Way have been tagged. Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
For new quests:
recollecting and "scanning" Items that we do for quests in various words could be fun. I am thinking more along the lines of objects on the ground we have to run up to and press x and already exist and not the "fight creature and collect". Also "scanning" and talking to a few NPC could be fun especially if you add some funny dialog where people are confused as to why they are being scanned. I think daily assignmts should remain quick but fun/funny. I kinda like the team up idea though but only if it was to send higher wizards into lower worlds to encourage helping others, that way it would be tedious to do on multiple wizards every now and then but also not super hard and discouraging. Could be exploited though with multiple daily questers teaming up to do the easiest area. PvP on the other hand seems like a really bad idea for daily quests, please don't mix those two!

For prizes:
What if every week you selected a random pack from the crown shop and then during that 1 week time frame the end of the week prize is a random Item from that pack. That way we could essentially get 1 whole pack per account if we did the quests on every wizard for that account for a whole week!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I would love if the Daily Assignment could be some type of puzzle or riddle like the early Krok challenges.

Also, any chance the reward may include those TVs again? I sure hope so.

Thanks!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The Great ATuin on May 7, 2017 wrote:
For the most part, I'm content with the way dailies have been going. I like that they are relatively quick; I only have four wizards but even that takes time. Plus, I really like the Pekron concept and would like to see you folks expand on that, especially if it tied into Spiral Lore or even a quest line. In that respect, I don't know how gardening, pvp, or other activities would result in a Pekron reading, unless Aegon is attempting to track them at the cellular level, like midichlorians. That could be interesting; visiting NPC's to check their levels could be a possibility. I also enjoy solo play, so team up would not be something I'd enjoy; I can see how it might be useful in getting readings from bosses, but again, that would take more time.

If anything, PLEASE stop repeating assignments if there are other objectives in the same area that have yet to be completed. For example, all of the gobblers in Colossus Boulevard have been done repeatedly except for the Glutton. The Rotting Fodder in Dark Cave needs to be hit, and none of the creatures in Unicorn Way have been tagged. Thanks!
I don't mind doing the same ones other than it can make me wonder if I have deja vu. But please include something in the instruction that tells us where to find a monster.

Because everyone's hunting the same monsters on a daily assignment, and because some of those are hunted already due to monstrology, there might be no monsters on the correct lane.

So that can cause us to wander around and around, looking for the monster. If we don't know we are already on the correct lane, we will look all over that world for the monster.

So please tell us which city, section, area it is in within Dragonspyre or MooShu please. Not only the street. Nor do the maps always show which section a street is in. Nor is there always something on google to tell us.

If we know we are in the correct lane, we can change worlds until we find one lonesome monster still alive, and kill it.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I think the Daily Assignments should NOT be including optional side activities. I personally partake in all of them except pet derby.

I also think the dailies should remain fast-the battles seem to just seem like more of the same old, same old. I think visiting, and doing things like visiting, selling or buying something is fine. Or maybe like a treasure hunt type of objective.

I am firmly against any assignments that would use up any bit of our already hard-to-come by energy

If a goal is to get more people engaged in fishing, crafting, pvp, etc., then the rewards for those separate activities should be better in and of themselves (but separate from the dailies).

I stopped doing the daily assignments on all of my 7 wizards because it was too much time sink for little gain. I am doing just doing them on 1 or 2 wizards.

Reading up on Theories of Motivation would be helpful also as there are so few wizards doing them on a daily basis. Bigger carrots need to be dangled for more people to do them.

As far as suggestions for rewards from the daily assignments goes, I am going to be a bit avant-garde here. Some ideas for rewards:

• dropped spells (like Deer Knight, Ninja Pigs, Catch of the Day, etc.)
  • elixirs (energy, hatching timers, etc).
  • more jewels like proof, boon, medic
  • permanent mounts that are sought after like those only obtained in packs
  • bundles (these are given outside of the game on social media-why not in game?)
  • memberships
  • items that are farmed/highly sought after (Amulet of Divine Influence is one example)
  • novel items that can ONLY be obtained by the Daily Assignments

In summary, you should up the ante to make people want and continue to do the daily assignments, and to talk about and build hype about the amazing drops so more will partake. We are talking virtual items here (and no horribly abysmal drop rates either for the good stuff).

Thanks for asking us!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I actually gave up on daily assignments when I saw all the great posts in Central, yet I was getting total garbage on 12 wizards.

Instead of adding new assignments, perhaps you can get rid of some of the "junk" rewards, for example, temp mounts, statues, seeds, teleporters, etc.

Doing daily assignments for an entire month on 12 wizards and getting absolutely nothing worth the effort is pretty disenfranchising. Honestly this game has enough rng and some of us just seem to have a "bad rng" token associated with our accounts.

Administrator
The Great ATuin on May 7, 2017 wrote:

I *promise* that they're random! It's the luck of the draw.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! For the folks that are worried - particularly for things that either cost energy or side systems that not everyone uses - we don't plan on changing how Aegon offers daily rewards, we'd add another way to get rewarded for doing something daily on top of that.

New FF coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea