Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Numbers And Number Words

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Hello! I think people should be able to say numbers, along with number words. This will be more efficient since people won't have to say things like: "My wizard is level sixth ty ate." or "My mana is low. it's at ate ty for." its just confusing. Thanks for reading!

Johnathon RavenShade ~ Level 55 Life Wizard

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
For open chat, you can use numbers. For Text Chat, it is not allowed.

This is for the SAFETY of our younger wizards to prevent them from giving out personal information (phone numbers, addresses, ages, etc). Although many do type around the filter, it still makes it difficult to communicate numbers.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
LukasTheBrave on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I think people should be able to say numbers, along with number words. This will be more efficient since people won't have to say things like: "My wizard is level sixth ty ate." or "My mana is low. it's at ate ty for." its just confusing. Thanks for reading!

hey baby, my phone number is ________

that's why, open chat on the other hand, people who's 18+ can say numbers

Defender
May 16, 2009
You can type these phrases and words, but you need Open Chat to do it, which is supposed to be for players 18+. The reason they restrict these in normal filtered chat is so people can't give out personal information that others could exploit. Also, there are menu chat options for saying what your mana is, what your level is, etc.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
The reason KI dont let us say numbers except for one is that people could give out phone numbers and addresses.
If you get open chat then you can type numbers but only other open chat people can see them

Explorer
May 25, 2016
You can say numbers in a way.
Menu chat lets you say:
Wizard's level
How much life you have
How much mana you have

Just have to find which category it's under.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
LukasTheBrave on Apr 8, 2017 wrote:

Numbers are only allowed for those 18+ who have Open chat. KI deliberately set the text chat so that numbers in any form could no be used. This was done to prevent young players from being able to give out PERSONAL information such as addresses, phone numbers and anything else that contains numbers. It is not something KI is going to change just because some think they should be able to say numbers.