Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does the "Melt" spell do?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2016
Perhaps I have not looked in the right place, but I cannot find a description of the effect of the Melt spell.

Can someone explain it to me?

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Morwic on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:
Perhaps I have not looked in the right place, but I cannot find a description of the effect of the Melt spell.

It's a dispel. It makes the next Ice spell fizzle 100% of the time. It also takes away the caster's pips, if the Ice spell took 1 or more pips to cast.

For example, if I wanted to cast Blizzard but got an Ice dispel on me, I will fizzle and lose 4 pips.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Morwic on Jan 23, 2017 wrote:

Edit: by the way by "caster" I meant to say the person with the dispel on, not the person who casted the dispel spell.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think that is the spell you can cast on an enemy, particularly one that uses ice spells. After you use it on them, it will dispel the next ice spell they cast, whatever it is. Their next ice spell will automatically fail, but not being a fizzle, it will cost them the pip cost, 0 for a Tower shield, 2 for Ice Snake, 1 for a Steal, 4 for Blizzard, etc. After the dispel has been triggered once, it is used up and gone.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Morwic, greetings and Welcome To The Message Boards! :D

Melt is a rank 2 Ice Spell which is free to train by aspiring thamaturges at about the early adept level.
When used on an opponent, the spell causes the opponent to fizzle upon using an ice spell. I should note that no matter the accuracy, the Melt which is a type of dispel card will cause the opponent to fizzle 100% of the time.

To add, if you're able to time the use of this spell correctly and use it when your opponent has some number of pips and is gearing up to cast a high rank spell, (say Ice Giant), then the opponent will not only fizzle, but will loose a minimum of five pips.

So, perfect timing of the spell can lead to plausible results.

Note that you can also be dispelled too causing you, the caster to fizzle if you're using a particular spell of the dispelled school.

All schools have a dispel spell of their own.