Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage thoughts and requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
While I do not normally post in these forums, I just had to share my thoughts about my experience in the most recent world released, Mirage. I am making this post in hope that the Kingsisle developers, or even Librarian Fitzhume himself, will read through this post and consider my thoughts and requests.

So, Mirage. What do I have to say? Phenomenal. This world was absolutely phenomenal. From the storyline, to the music, to the difficulty, I have never had more fun in a world in Wizard101 AND Pirate101 than I did with Mirage.

Let me just put this out there, I have seen MANY people complain about the difficulty of this world. However, as a storm wizard who soloed everything, (except the last 2 bosses), it's not hard at all. It took me 3 days to complete this world, and I have only died about three times. The difficulty was right where it should be for a level 111-120 world. It was neither easy or hard, which I saw as one of the main components that made this world as entertaining as it was. If only you could've seen my face and know how I was feeling after I soloed the Scorpion. That is the kind of reactions I would like to experience after intense battles in future worlds.

What can I say about the music? You couldn't have done a better job. The music perfectly fits in with the environment of the world and the combat themes are just outstanding and makes the battles much more intense. In my opinion, it surpasses the music in Polaris and I would really like to see how you can top it in the next worlds to come.

Now the storyline. I absolutely love the story of the Cabal and how it ties in with the Arcanum. There were many betrayals that left me speechless and more intrigued as to what would happen next. (I tried my best to refrain from watching videos and reading posts that contained spoilers, which ultimately made my experience much better) The story couldn't have been better told, especially with this world. I look forward to the next world (Maybe Empyrea?) and I am very excited to see how we will deal with Old Cob and the Mellori situation.

Overall, in my honest opinion, this was the best world that you have ever made in both games. With characters such as Ozzy and Istar accompanying us, it made my experience so much better. The characters have so much life into them, and you can see that with their dialogue. The close attention and detail you have put into the environment is just outstanding. The difficulty is perfect, the music is phenomenal, and the storyline couldn't be better. I just have one simple request for you guys, keep it up. In the next world, keep this type of difficulty (maybe even make it more challenging), keep making this type of music and writing such an interesting storyline. Also, please make the next world longer. I was so sad when I found out my adventures in Mirage were over so soon. In all honesty, I think it will be very hard to top this world, but seeing how you did, I will be looking forward to it next year.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
wizardrocks969 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
While I do not normally post in these forums, I just had to share my thoughts about my experience in the most recent world released, Mirage. I am making this post in hope that the Kingsisle developers, or even Librarian Fitzhume himself, will read through this post and consider my thoughts and requests.

So, Mirage. What do I have to say? Phenomenal. This world was absolutely phenomenal. From the storyline, to the music, to the difficulty, I have never had more fun in a world in Wizard101 AND Pirate101 than I did with Mirage.

Let me just put this out there, I have seen MANY people complain about the difficulty of this world. However, as a storm wizard who soloed everything, (except the last 2 bosses), it's not hard at all. It took me 3 days to complete this world, and I have only died about three times. The difficulty was right where it should be for a level 111-120 world. It was neither easy or hard, which I saw as one of the main components that made this world as entertaining as it was. If only you could've seen my face and know how I was feeling after I soloed the Scorpion. That is the kind of reactions I would like to experience after intense battles in future worlds.

What can I say about the music? You couldn't have done a better job. The music perfectly fits in with the environment of the world and the combat themes are just outstanding and makes the battles much more intense. In my opinion, it surpasses the music in Polaris and I would really like to see how you can top it in the next worlds to come.

Now the storyline. I absolutely love the story of the Cabal and how it ties in with the Arcanum. There were many betrayals that left me speechless and more intrigued as to what would happen next. (I tried my best to refrain from watching videos and reading posts that contained spoilers, which ultimately made my experience much better) The story couldn't have been better told, especially with this world. I look forward to the next world (Maybe Empyrea?) and I am very excited to see how we will deal with Old Cob and the Mellori situation.

Overall, in my honest opinion, this was the best world that you have ever made in both games. With characters such as Ozzy and Istar accompanying us, it made my experience so much better. The characters have so much life into them, and you can see that with their dialogue. The close attention and detail you have put into the environment is just outstanding. The difficulty is perfect, the music is phenomenal, and the storyline couldn't be better. I just have one simple request for you guys, keep it up. In the next world, keep this type of difficulty (maybe even make it more challenging), keep making this type of music and writing such an interesting storyline. Also, please make the next world longer. I was so sad when I found out my adventures in Mirage were over so soon. In all honesty, I think it will be very hard to top this world, but seeing how you did, I will be looking forward to it next year.
I agree with you about the amazing story line, and I love the characters like Ozzy. So far the third arc has given me the magical feeling that I got in the first arc. However I cannot agree about the difficulty. The fact that so many people are struggling speaks for itself.

You say that you soloed the scorpion. That speaks for your prowess as a player and I say kudos to you. However, that is the exception rather than the norm. While I love the whole feel of the second arc so far, I really hope that KI tones down the difficulty in the future and nerfs this world. I think a progressive difficulty is fine, just not the huge jumps and leaps that we have been seeing.

Also, we need more options for gear in the future besides farming dungeons like Darkmoor. It is great to have those dungeons but I would like to see crafting and better quest dropped gear. This way maybe people wouldn't complain so much about the difficulty. My crit and block were nerfed horribly and I am getting gob smacked by the crits that get through.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Black Pearl on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
I agree with you about the amazing story line, and I love the characters like Ozzy. So far the third arc has given me the magical feeling that I got in the first arc. However I cannot agree about the difficulty. The fact that so many people are struggling speaks for itself.

You say that you soloed the scorpion. That speaks for your prowess as a player and I say kudos to you. However, that is the exception rather than the norm. While I love the whole feel of the second arc so far, I really hope that KI tones down the difficulty in the future and nerfs this world. I think a progressive difficulty is fine, just not the huge jumps and leaps that we have been seeing.

Also, we need more options for gear in the future besides farming dungeons like Darkmoor. It is great to have those dungeons but I would like to see crafting and better quest dropped gear. This way maybe people wouldn't complain so much about the difficulty. My crit and block were nerfed horribly and I am getting gob smacked by the crits that get through.
I can't say I agree with you. I believe that the difficulty is perfect for this world since it is for such a high level. As I said in my post, everything is able to be soloed (even the last 2 bosses, but it is impossible for me since I don't have the best gear). One of the reasons Polaris wasn't as entertaining for me as Mirage was because yes, it was way too easy as many people have said. However, when Mirage was released, many people said it was too hard. In my experience throughout the world, I thought it was the perfect difficulty. Every battle (even the mob battles) were exciting and I had to pay attention to which spells I used so I could win. In my opinion, the need to think in battles is what makes it so much fun. I really hope they increase the difficulty in the next world. It only makes sense of it getting harder as you are getting to a higher level. Then again, I'm probably the only one who thinks this should happen, but it is my opinion.

As for the gear and the crit and block, I didn't talk about it in my post as I lacked the characters and I only spoke of the difficulty, music and storyline. I completely agree though. There is barely any good gear dropped in Mirage. The only notable thing I saw was the improved boots dropped from the 4 final bosses, but even then, the drop rates are so low that I wouldn't even bother farming for them. As for the crit and block, I had 100% critical starting mirage at level 110, I now have 94%. I find it absurd that my rating would drop and there isn't any better gear at level 120 to get that 100% back. I was also mad that there wasn't any new crafted gear. I still use the khrysalis crafted hat for my storm, hoping that I would soon get a better version of that.These are some of the flaws Mirage has, but everything else in my opinion was fantastic.

I knew I stood in the minority when I made this post, but I just wanted the developers to hopefully read this and consider my requests, since this was such a fantastic world.