Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells from the Shadow Scholar (Velma Von Vankman)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Personally I think it would be a great idea to allow certain shadow spells that already exist to be traineable. Shadow magic adds a very distinct flavor to the game and expanding on this concept would be excellent.

I suggest allowing us to train the following spells (these already exist on jewels and gear as item cards):

Shadow Blade: +30% to the next spell. Costs 0 pips. 1 Training point.
Shadow Trap: +25% to the next spell. Costs 0 pips 1 Training point.
Shadow Shield: -60% to the next incoming spell. Costs 0 pips. 1 Training point.

Furthermore I have a few ideas on new shadow spells that may be interesting to add as well:

Dark Meditation (Shadow Aura): +20% Chance to get a PIP. +10% Outgoing Shadow Damage.
-25% Power PIP Chance. Costs 0 pips to cast and lasts for 4 turns. 1 Training point.

Void: Deal 500 to a single enemy target. If the opponent is in Shadow form (Shrike, Seraph, Guardian) or has cast a shadow creature (Dark nova etc.) add +10% to his backlash.
Costs 1 PIP to cast. CANNOT be enchanted with astral spells. 1 Training point.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Can't forget Shadowspear!

Shadow Spear: 10% to the next spell. Costs 0 pips. 1 Training point.

I like your idea OP, but I kind of a see a little problem in this. The only things these blades and traps would be used for is if you use Dark Nova, Dark Shepherd or Dark Fiend ( Which not many people use ) and for shadow wand attacks. Now I see that you said new spells for the school. The only thing that would really be useful for the blades and traps would be void but that's pretty much it besides the two pip dark summons and wand attack.

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I like your idea. And I would expand the shadow school attack spells so that the blades would become more useful. (Maybe people will start using shadow spells again.)

Shadow Monk / 2PIP(S): 995 to all enemies and -50% to next incoming spell.
Shadow Knight / 2PIP(S): 1250 - 1450 to enemy of your choice and -60% to next incoming. spell
Shadow King / 3PIPS(S): 1350 and +100% to next spell and -90% to next incoming spell.
Shadow Dragon / 4PIP(S): 2000 to all enemies and -55% accuracy and -25% damage to all enemies and 800 to self.
Shadow Dragon Rider / 5PIP(S) 9999 to enemy of your choice and +100% backlash to self. (Shadow creature blades himself, and hits when you want him to. But, in 3 rounds does 100% backlash resulting in an automatic K.O. So don't get greedy!)

Some of these spells are OP, but they are balanced with the factors of the pips that they cost. Because shadow pips can be very hard to receive, to have 5 of them will have to do a lot of damage. Also some of the shadow spells are OP and have been balanced with negative impacts to your wizard. Especially Shadow Dragon Rider, which destroys you with 100% backlash! I also feel they should add up to 5 available shadow pips for wizards. We don't need 7 like Grand Father Spider (Old Cob) but 5 seems reasonable because all the new bosses have 3-7 shadow pips and we only have 2 which isn't very fair. Having 5 shadow pips would also result in stronger shadow spells and with these new spells, people might want to start using shadow again because shadow has been a dead school for ever. Its more likely to see a myth than someone to use shadow fiend or shadow nova. I hope you all like my ideas. One thing I didn't cover, was that we should be able to have multiple trainable shadow blades. Like Shadow Blade +35%, Shadow Knife +40%, Shadow Sword +45%. Each of these additional blades would have the ability to have sun spells to upgrade them, but no TC because you could end up with 9 blades! (OP!)

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
We should definitely get a third shad later on, but I think 5 is too many for now. Also, Shadow Dragon Rider could be OP in PvP, especially with more shadow pip chance.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2014
sKochiya on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
We should definitely get a third shad later on, but I think 5 is too many for now. Also, Shadow Dragon Rider could be OP in PvP, especially with more shadow pip chance.
I agree that the spells can be extremely OP, but the accuracy would be lower with the more powerful shadow magical spells.

Distort Reality: 2 pips. Dispels Outgoing spells to all enemies. 100% accuracy

Elder Magic: 3 pips, 2 Shadow pips. Summons a powerful burst of energy on your target, dealing 600 to 1000 base damage; can be enchanted by astral spells; heals caster for 500 health upon 10% or below of health. 56% accuracy.

Shadow's Force: 0 pips, 5 Shadow Pips. Summons a creature of Shadow to deal 2150 base damage to all enemies and converts half of the damage to heal the caster. Gives a debuff of -90% to next outgoing spell. 67% accuracy.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Nice ideas! But we only see the shadow scholar once. And that was when we helped her out.
We cannot even enter the shadow school room in the Arcanum. It's pretty mysterious. I hope we see her more through out the game.