Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage difficulty complaints

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
the health of the mobs is kinda to low because people can start using low rank spells again and not worry ice types can start using blizzard again myth types can start using frog again and death can use dear knight (for those who have it) so even with the pierce damage and critical they still only have 2k-5k people can kill farst now

(this was only my opinion and instead of hating try and make an argument to try and change my view on this)

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Justin Emeraldblad... on Mar 3, 2017 wrote:
the health of the mobs is kinda to low because people can start using low rank spells again and not worry ice types can start using blizzard again myth types can start using frog again and death can use dear knight (for those who have it) so even with the pierce damage and critical they still only have 2k-5k people can kill farst now

(this was only my opinion and instead of hating try and make an argument to try and change my view on this)
Not hating, but my experience is telling me something different - I've just had my tushie handed to me by House Purrzian Assailants, I've also had trouble with Sandwitches. It's true their health is low, but they're still hitting like bosses.
My gear is pretty good ( and I'm in the middle of crafting Deer Knight ) I have a couple of DM items. If others are defeating these mobs with ease - I ask you this: isn't it because they're doing this in a group? As to the low level spells, well, if those shadow pips aren't there, then you use what you have and fast, before they can smack you silly.
I'm soloing all of my mob fights, BTW.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012

Another point I forgot to mention about the low level spells being used - isn't true that those spells being used are made more powerful by Potent Trap, Sharpened Blade and Epic cards?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Not hating, but my experience is telling me something different - I've just had my tushie handed to me by House Purrzian Assailants, I've also had trouble with Sandwitches. It's true their health is low, but they're still hitting like bosses.
My gear is pretty good ( and I'm in the middle of crafting Deer Knight ) I have a couple of DM items. If others are defeating these mobs with ease - I ask you this: isn't it because they're doing this in a group? As to the low level spells, well, if those shadow pips aren't there, then you use what you have and fast, before they can smack you silly.
A lot of people who say it's too easy are most likely running in a group and for the most part, with the best gear. Of course, it's easier!

Some schools will fair better than others (solo or 2 people). My Ice was the first to get through Mirage. I paired up with a friend who was Life. The only time I died was fighting Old Cob and I was smacked with a 6700 hit. My Ice still struggled in Mirage, even though she has 72 resist to Fire/Storm and 60 resist to all others. Her health is almost 8200. Many mobs, with their basic attack, still hit me anywhere between 595 (no crit) to 3500+ (with crit). Blocking crits was pretty much nil. Not to mention that many mobs/bosses in Mirage were elemental and spammed shields like crazy, so it was difficult to hit as well.

The health may have been lowered, but the damage you take has not diminished. Which has me wondering .... with my resist to Fire at 72, why was I still getting hit with 3500+ from Fire mobs?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Hi Justin,

In Mirage, the way the mobs attack has forced many wizards to adapt and change their playing styles. You seem to be mistaking a strategy based on using lower-pip, enhanced spells as being a sign that the battle is "too easy." No, the battles are still difficult and risky. Those mobs hit HARD. They can kill a wizard in the first round if a couple of them go critical with their potent natural attacks. Even when they don't critical, none of us can survive more than a few rounds in battle with them because they stack blades and have pierce.

Waiting for 8-10 pip spells is a death sentence.

For wizards who have gear that enhances their shadow pips, they can still rely on Shadow magic spells which are obviously high level spells. For those of us who don't have our shadow pips coming up quickly enough, the only way to survive is killing them FAST using 4-pip AoEs with enchantments that are, again, high level spells.

Yes, we are killing them fast: that's the only way to actually win, LOL!

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
A lot of people who say it's too easy are most likely running in a group and for the most part, with the best gear. Of course, it's easier!

Some schools will fair better than others (solo or 2 people). My Ice was the first to get through Mirage. I paired up with a friend who was Life. The only time I died was fighting Old Cob and I was smacked with a 6700 hit. My Ice still struggled in Mirage, even though she has 72 resist to Fire/Storm and 60 resist to all others. Her health is almost 8200. Many mobs, with their basic attack, still hit me anywhere between 595 (no crit) to 3500+ (with crit). Blocking crits was pretty much nil. Not to mention that many mobs/bosses in Mirage were elemental and spammed shields like crazy, so it was difficult to hit as well.

The health may have been lowered, but the damage you take has not diminished. Which has me wondering .... with my resist to Fire at 72, why was I still getting hit with 3500+ from Fire mobs?
Hi Brynner,

My Balance also had very high resist and she was destroyed right outside the spiral door in her first mob fight. It was a huge shock because she had been practically impervious in Polaris.

It took me a few more battles to realize Mirage mobs have pierce and they critical often, so our effective resistance is a lot lower than we'd like it to be. Once Alia traded her high resist for more damage and pierce, she had a much easier time soloing.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
I just finished my two deaths last night. and they had all their DM gear with damage ,resist and healing pets. it is a bit easier than when it came out. even with good pets and all DM gear.
also for a death or wiz with a death mastery. crafting Deer knight is a big help. amber is a bit easier to get and you can buy DK tcs or farm them. there are some good guides in where to find bosses who drop the TC.

and as BrynnerOfReign said. you definitely need to hit hard and fast. mobs can still hit and take half your health but very rare in the first two or three rounds .

what I did notice was Duncan Grimwater's health is lowered as well. and the level 118 spell quest the boss no longer has a minion helping him.

now with my gear,crafted spells and pets of course it will be easy.

I pretty much died only twice. once with the warden and a few times with The Scorpion. as you have to get those minions out first.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
lightdragonofW101 on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
I just finished my two deaths last night. and they had all their DM gear with damage ,resist and healing pets. it is a bit easier than when it came out. even with good pets and all DM gear.
also for a death or wiz with a death mastery. crafting Deer knight is a big help. amber is a bit easier to get and you can buy DK tcs or farm them. there are some good guides in where to find bosses who drop the TC.

and as BrynnerOfReign said. you definitely need to hit hard and fast. mobs can still hit and take half your health but very rare in the first two or three rounds .

what I did notice was Duncan Grimwater's health is lowered as well. and the level 118 spell quest the boss no longer has a minion helping him.

now with my gear,crafted spells and pets of course it will be easy.

I pretty much died only twice. once with the warden and a few times with The Scorpion. as you have to get those minions out first.
Thank you very much for the advice on how to get the reagents for Deer Knight. I'm nearly there - all I need is 30 more Blood Moss & 12 more Amber. I have the transmute for Blood Moss & I'm gardening King Parsley!
And Thanks for the tip about Scorpion, lol, yeah, I'll definitely be using team up for him!

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I thought Mirage was after Zafaria. Gee, at the rate I'm going, I'll be old as. Never ending fun though, enjoyable. I think though that they should change the cheat option in Waterworks and other high level bosses as them having 21,000 health is enough. Henchmen are good but not when you waste crowns and they all die. The drops are good though. Got a cool hat for my fire.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
Freshta on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
Hi Justin,

In Mirage, the way the mobs attack has forced many wizards to adapt and change their playing styles. You seem to be mistaking a strategy based on using lower-pip, enhanced spells as being a sign that the battle is "too easy." No, the battles are still difficult and risky. Those mobs hit HARD. They can kill a wizard in the first round if a couple of them go critical with their potent natural attacks. Even when they don't critical, none of us can survive more than a few rounds in battle with them because they stack blades and have pierce.

Waiting for 8-10 pip spells is a death sentence.

For wizards who have gear that enhances their shadow pips, they can still rely on Shadow magic spells which are obviously high level spells. For those of us who don't have our shadow pips coming up quickly enough, the only way to survive is killing them FAST using 4-pip AoEs with enchantments that are, again, high level spells.

Yes, we are killing them fast: that's the only way to actually win, LOL!

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
Freshta you are right the mob fights are hard i just din't pay attention to the damage because a am ice, have lots a resist jewels a, ton of health and can take abuse and just used snow ball in mirage i did not pay attention and say the mob fights are easy when i died to the sand with before the nerf i'm just arrogant sometimes. but it is a little more easy to beat the mobs and speed run because of the health decrease in health you all have to admit that at least

Justin EmeraldBlade

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
Thank you very much for the advice on how to get the reagents for Deer Knight. I'm nearly there - all I need is 30 more Blood Moss & 12 more Amber. I have the transmute for Blood Moss & I'm gardening King Parsley!
And Thanks for the tip about Scorpion, lol, yeah, I'll definitely be using team up for him!
well for amber you can craft it. and a good place to farm for the whiskers and amber dust is treebeard in Polaris. he also drops whole amber. and recipe vendor for amber is in The Wild,Amber and is sold by Shane McGohann

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
lightdragonofW101 on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
well for amber you can craft it. and a good place to farm for the whiskers and amber dust is treebeard in Polaris. he also drops whole amber. and recipe vendor for amber is in The Wild,Amber and is sold by Shane McGohann
Thank you very much! You have absolutely made my day by telling me this, I had NO idea that there was a transmute for amber available!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
Another point I forgot to mention about the low level spells being used - isn't true that those spells being used are made more powerful by Potent Trap, Sharpened Blade and Epic cards?
i din't mean to sound like i'm saying you can just fight minions and kill with a non enchant blizzard or without blades i mean its more easy to kill because of the health drop and this means people don't have to wait for at least seven pips to snow ball (i did that) or wait for the shadow pip they can just enchant blade 2 to 3 times and kill with a low spell that does't need a shadow pip or wait until they can use that ra it make walking trough mirage faster because you don't have to rely on that one spell anymore

JustinEmeraldBlade

Survivor
Aug 02, 2016
not 2 make any 1 mad or anything this is just opinion : I think that kingsisle didn't do a very good job on the update because peoples stats go down a lot I have a wiz that is lvl 110 still in Polaris and her stats r better then my lvl 120 wiz in mirage stats including critical critical block resist and damage on spells not 2 make any 1 mad remember this was just my opinion

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Justin Emeraldblad... on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
i din't mean to sound like i'm saying you can just fight minions and kill with a non enchant blizzard or without blades i mean its more easy to kill because of the health drop and this means people don't have to wait for at least seven pips to snow ball (i did that) or wait for the shadow pip they can just enchant blade 2 to 3 times and kill with a low spell that does't need a shadow pip or wait until they can use that ra it make walking trough mirage faster because you don't have to rely on that one spell anymore

JustinEmeraldBlade
Still found all 3 Sands of Time and Grandfather Spider a nasty, hard fight, tell me different.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Personally, I really don't care if a world is too hard or too easy, so long as I get to play the storyline. Yeah, I die a few times during my playthroughs, but that's how I learn what I need to do to get past that particular fight. I've stayed silent on this topic of casual/hardcore for far too long. What does it matter if it's too hard or too easy? Just play the game and enjoy it. I'm a soloist myself, but that wasn't by choice. I get absolutely no help at all, so I just stopped asking years ago. I'm constantly looking at other peoples wizards to compare myself with them and most of the time, their stats are complete garbage. But, I know that a lot of people don't have the time or patience to keep grinding for that better stuff. Me? I have a ton of patience and couldn't care either way. Got a problem with my point of view? Don't really care, never will. People say my pet is really bad. Compared to most, yea it is. Do I care? No. I do try to get better stats on my pet, but most of time I'm busy in real life or just not caring. Need help? Sure, I don't mind. Do I need help? No, but the company would be nice. Either way, I don't really care. Everyone should stop complaining, I do tire of it. (It made me complain in this post, which is tiresome.)

Kane Nightweaver (The true Master of Balance & laziest wizard in the spiral)

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Shadow. Wock.
I CANNOT defeat him. One boss before the end of the dang game and I can not progress because of this one boss they brought back that everyone already hated. I'm sour and sad and ugh. Lol sos.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
For those who want to have an easy time in mirage without farming for gear first, It's not happening. For those who want to solo every single battle in mirage, it can happen but you need good gear, and a good strategy.

Don't be afraid to ask for help... I haven't been tp mirage yet but I mean there's got to be a way and teamwork is one of the easiest ways.

Kane, Promethean Necromancer Level 96
Currently questing in khrysalis.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Erica LifePetal on May 25, 2017 wrote:
Shadow. Wock.
I CANNOT defeat him. One boss before the end of the dang game and I can not progress because of this one boss they brought back that everyone already hated. I'm sour and sad and ugh. Lol sos.
If you defeated him in Avalon, you can defeat him now, the same strategy applies, hit on round 3 to take advantage of the 200% hex he puts on himself. Go in with a team and have everyone blade one hitter, right before the hit, have someone place a feint on him with indemnity (its a trap protectiong spell in the arcanum).

This can be done in 3 rounds with only 2 wizards, so having 4 wizards should be over kill for any school hitter, just needs coordination.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
mirage was nerfed, why are we still complaining? how did people manage to get to level 110 and still not be able to kill a mob? smh. Sometimes you have to think in this game, is that such a tragedy?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
If you defeated him in Avalon, you can defeat him now, the same strategy applies, hit on round 3 to take advantage of the 200% hex he puts on himself. Go in with a team and have everyone blade one hitter, right before the hit, have someone place a feint on him with indemnity (its a trap protectiong spell in the arcanum).

This can be done in 3 rounds with only 2 wizards, so having 4 wizards should be over kill for any school hitter, just needs coordination.
Some people may not be familiar with the strategy you've mentioned.

It's very straight-forward and the battle is over quickly when this plan goes smoothly, except for Fire as hitter. In the case of Fire, Jabberwock's resistance is too much for a team of only 2 to overcome in just the three rounds. I would suggest in that case that someone else should be the hitter. Otherwise yes, the strategy does work with most school combinations and it's very effective.

First round: blade, blade
Second round: blade, blade
Third round: Indemnity Feint, hit

Both wizards empty their spell deck of everything except two of their strongest blades, one Sharpen Blade enchantment, two hits (one with shadow pip, one without), and a single Feint with indemnity. If they can't kill him within the first three rounds, flee and try again.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Freshta on Jun 10, 2017 wrote:
Some people may not be familiar with the strategy you've mentioned.

It's very straight-forward and the battle is over quickly when this plan goes smoothly, except for Fire as hitter. In the case of Fire, Jabberwock's resistance is too much for a team of only 2 to overcome in just the three rounds. I would suggest in that case that someone else should be the hitter. Otherwise yes, the strategy does work with most school combinations and it's very effective.

First round: blade, blade
Second round: blade, blade
Third round: Indemnity Feint, hit

Both wizards empty their spell deck of everything except two of their strongest blades, one Sharpen Blade enchantment, two hits (one with shadow pip, one without), and a single Feint with indemnity. If they can't kill him within the first three rounds, flee and try again.

Alia Misthaven
My point was they somehow defeated him in Avalon, so they should be able to defeat him here. What in the world is going to happen when they get to grandfather spider? How do people get to this level and not understand simple game mechanics anyway?

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Personally, I found Polaris moderately difficult and Mirage downright hard because as an ice wizard we have very low base damage, and without proper gear soloing could be quite stressful. Group kiosks in both places aren't all that useful because the only people you run into in Polaris are those who farm certain bosses, and Mirage is just as barren and lifeless (in terms of players) as the desert it's based on. I wouldn't mind if they take the next world now a notch. And there WILL be a next world. Mark my words.

Brittany I. Lvl 120

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
When I told friend (He in AV) That bosses in Mirage average a 8,500 Health, He got surprised. I told him that shouldn't fool him because bosses in Mirage are more HIGH HITTERS than TANKS. (They critical already almost twice as much as they did in Polaris and block way more. Which is in fact really tough for a Storm unless they have Ice, Death, or Life support.)

Valdus Spell Caster 119 (Rip I cant make 120 cause of shutdown yesterday and membership ends before I can quest tonight :-; )

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009