Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perhaps Tone Down the Mobs?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
High Five Ghost on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
I think KI has come to the conclusion that they don't know how to make this game appeal to the most potential customers in the gaming community anymore.

They've over-complicated the game with so many different things, and I get it. We're moving forward, things need to advance and change to keep people from feeling like the game has gone stale. Critical, critical block, armour piercing... they need to incorporate all of these things into new challenges in order to make them all relevant. It can't just be straightforward like before when all you had was damage modifiers and resistance.

But it's too much for some people, especially when their ability to incorporate some of those abilities is handicapped by the money they're able to spend on horde/lore packs, or whether or not they can incessantly grind through dungeons and/or boss duels for nothing more than a chance to get the gear they need that has the stats required to be successful.

That said, I for one am somewhat grateful that they've finally decided to rip the band aid off. There were glimpses that they might make the game appealing to players like me once again, but it appears that any hope I had has been crushed, so at least now I know where I stand instead of being caught in the middle.

I'll play until my membership expires early next year and then leave the game for the players who enjoy the direction it's going. Truth be told, I should probably do something better with my life than sit around playing a game anyway.
I'm with you, Ghost. KI dangles a carrot out to us every once in awhile, and when we take the bait, they focus on the hard core players again. I, too, am thankful, because it will make letting my membership expire next year much easier.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
You make a lot of assumptions about my "resources" that are not true. I do have good gear, which I won/bought like everyone else. The simple fact is, I am good at the game.I have good pets and good friends. Darkmoor was boring now, and KI was about to lose me to something more challenging. I like the challenge of this new world,and I am far from the only one. You call me obnoxious and condescending, but I was not, I stated my opinion and nothing more. That was pretty rude of you, and it bums me out. I have never seen you attack anyone like that Von I am sorry you read into my words things which were not there. I am sorry your finals are hard. I still don't want the world nerfed. Sadly, you and I both know that they will probably nerf it just like they nerfed Azteca. It would be nice if they gave us some kind of badge for pre nerf conquer. I have offered to help you before Von, and still would, but we just don't play at the same times. Still. Be well, and remember to be kind.
Amber
"The simple fact is, I'm good at the game."

Amber, may I humbly suggest Googling the definitions of "condescending," "elitist," and "false modesty."

You are not representative of every player, as you may have noticed on this thread. We don't want a walk in the park; we simply would like to be able to succeed in Mirage without being forced to farm Darkmoor for months on end. Wizard101 was, at one time, a family game. Now it's more focused on hard core players. I guess that's the demographic with all the money?

I'm good at the game, too. I am better at real life, though, so methinks I shall spend more time there, and less time reading patronizing comments here.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
You make a lot of assumptions about my "resources" that are not true. I do have good gear, which I won/bought like everyone else. The simple fact is, I am good at the game.I have good pets and good friends. Darkmoor was boring now, and KI was about to lose me to something more challenging. I like the challenge of this new world,and I am far from the only one. You call me obnoxious and condescending, but I was not, I stated my opinion and nothing more. That was pretty rude of you, and it bums me out. I have never seen you attack anyone like that Von I am sorry you read into my words things which were not there. I am sorry your finals are hard. I still don't want the world nerfed. Sadly, you and I both know that they will probably nerf it just like they nerfed Azteca. It would be nice if they gave us some kind of badge for pre nerf conquer. I have offered to help you before Von, and still would, but we just don't play at the same times. Still. Be well, and remember to be kind.
Amber
if you reread the post, amber, you'll see that i never attacked you; i stated that your words were condescending and rude (which they were), and my opinion stands. however, my intent was not to attack you and i'm sorry if that's all you took from it.

-von

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
if you reread the post, amber, you'll see that i never attacked you; i stated that your words were condescending and rude (which they were), and my opinion stands. however, my intent was not to attack you and i'm sorry if that's all you took from it.

-von
Wouldn't it be great if we could all share our thoughts and opinions without ever offending anyone or everyone in the process. Unfortunately, that's not reality. People share their toxic beliefs and opinions with others. Sometimes they can be unintentional or intentional. Some disregard and ignore such comments. Instead, Amber called you out for making an indirect attack against her. You made the choice to type out *you*. Telling Amber to reread your posting doesn't negate the fact what you said or written is, or was interpreted as toxic.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I don't mind a challenge at all, however, the mob difficulty and the need to battle so many mobs in order to gain badges to acquire items from the faction vendors is making this a bit of a grind.

After farming Darkmoor with 4 characters to get the decent gear, I must say that experience and some of the elitist attitudes that I encountered there turned me off of the game a bit. It has been really nice to quest through Mirage with "casual" players who are collaborative and kind. I'm not trying to offend anyone and I apologize in advance if I have. It's just been refreshing to meet an entirely new group of players (outside of Darkmoor) who just seem (or seemed) to enjoy the game.

I agree with Vanessa, it would be a shame to exclude or alienate players who have long awaited an opportunity to quest again due to the difficulty of the mobs and little access to good gear. Again, I don't want battles handed to me on a silver platter, however, getting a 3k hit in the 2nd round is a bit much imo.

I want to be excited to get through the new world, which is beautiful and interesting, versus dreading having to grind my other 3 characters through here.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Game difficulty is quite the polarizing topic (as I expected it to be).

I know that it's impossible for KingsIsle to truly please everyone. No matter what they do, there will be both cheering and yelling. Some people like a challenge, and others would rather relax and just have fun. Neither way of playing is right and neither is wrong. It's all just preference.

I do however, want to reiterate the reason that I made this thread. I was worried about the future. As it stands now, Wizard101 is one of the very few family friendly MMO games left. Toontown is gone, Pirates of the Caribbean Online is gone, FusionFall was gone long ago, etc...

If Wizard101 transitions in a more hardcore direction (which it increasingly has been), there aren't many other places families can turn to instead. Hardcore players will always be able to find a harder game. Wizard101 is a niche. Some might say that's a bad thing, others would argue that's what makes it special. I for one am in the latter.

I don't want Wizard101 to lose what makes it stick out in the first place. If casual players do leave because of the direction, I don't think that hardcore players alone will be able to hold this game up. The wider the audience=the more possible players=the more possible money the company can make.

At the end of the day, KingIsle is a business and I want this game (and Pirate101) to last as long as possible. I think that's what we all want. I don't know how big of an influence Mirage's difficulty will actually have, but I definitely think it's an interesting idea to think about.

Like I mentioned earlier, I consider myself a hardcore player. I've been soloing Mirage and have yet to be defeated. I have a full set of Darkmoor gear and I'm pretty dedicated to the game and community as a whole. But, personal preferences aside (whatever they may be doesn't matter), I'm looking purely at game longevity.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Absolutely not! i did well over half of this world solo and the rest with team up towards the end, and i died maybe 2 times total! It is exactly where it needs to be. If casual players who reach level 110 don't want to be challenged then they should make a new wizard. not complain and dull down the end game content because some people hate effort.

level 120 been playing since game came out.
Hunter Battlecaster

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Snee432 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
"Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels." Um...that's pretty pretentious and condescending, Amber. I'm a level 110 ice who simply doesn't have the time to farm Darkmoor over and over again. I tried soloing Mirage, and couldn't get past the first boss. So I guess, in your world, I should "stay in the lower levels."

Or I could simply accept KI doesn't give a rat's patootie about casual players anymore, and amass a plethora of mega snacks from gardening, and fish for wands in Zafaria.

Kudos to you for having great gear, a great pet, and tons of wizard friends. KI adores players like you; players like me-not so much.
My apologies if it seemed condescending. I truly do prefer that you step up, rather than stay in the lower levels, but it is your choice. Darkmoor is not so hard with the right strategy. It is not so hard to learn it, if you don't already know it. Not hard at all, a mere web search away and 5 minutes of your time.I have helped even waterworks geared wizards beat it in an hour with strategy. If you choose to not use strategy, then Darkmoor is not for you, and probably not Mirage. That is what I mean when I say step up. Which you Can do, I know you can. There are so many friendly players in the game that are willing to help. If you really wanted to work on getting a good pet, its not so hard to get that either. Trying a web search there wouldn't be a bad idea either. You really have no excuse other than I didn't feel like trying very hard. That's really not a good reason to ruin it for players like me that were willing to learn the strategies and put forth the effort.
Amber

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Snee432 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
"The simple fact is, I'm good at the game."

Amber, may I humbly suggest Googling the definitions of "condescending," "elitist," and "false modesty."

You are not representative of every player, as you may have noticed on this thread. We don't want a walk in the park; we simply would like to be able to succeed in Mirage without being forced to farm Darkmoor for months on end. Wizard101 was, at one time, a family game. Now it's more focused on hard core players. I guess that's the demographic with all the money?

I'm good at the game, too. I am better at real life, though, so methinks I shall spend more time there, and less time reading patronizing comments here.
What snee said.

Personally i think instead of just scaling everything up, so its essentially the same difficulty, Combat should just get more and more fleshed out, instead of getting harder or easier or the same.

It should feel like a CHALLENGE, but not like its unfair or hard. The issue with the game in my honest opinion is that it comes in bumps. First you have a tough part, then an easy part cause you got stronger, than a hard part, over and over.

Sometimes there'll be optional gauntlents, and while they're fun, the puzzles are always the same, and it gets grindy fast. Especially because you have to keep grinding for a random chance. (This could be negated by letting you pick 1 catagory of gear to gain, but have bigger pools, so you can get what you want easier)

ANYWAYS back to the topic at hand, Mirage got too much of a, what i call, "forced difficulty spike", It didnt feel natural and right from the get-go enemies and bosses were rough. ESPECIALLY the first fight against Xerxes IN LIKE THE 2ND ZONE OF MIRAGE!!!

So, to put it plainly, KI made the game hard, and dun goofed. Enemies need a tone down, and bosses need a slight rework, not just more of the same.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Thank you Vanessa for this thread. I agree with Amber Raven btw. In my opinion, any person who enjoys this game and wishes to keep playing it, needs to read a little. Even ask Mercenaries for Hire, they will help you. That is why they exist. Places like Duelist 101, read about what you are about to do, from waterworks, to skeleton key bosses, Tartarus, and yes even DM. I realize that not everyone has time to read "a ton", but a few minutes of effort on your part, taking some key notes and then logging in to the game will help. I have watched my friends list essentially disappear over the last few years. Sure the people are still on there, but do I ever see them? Not really. But even so, you can spend the time to make NEW FRIENDS! So this is what I want to focus on here. This game is awesome, this game is fun. I will never leave this game, I love it too much. Every day you log in to the game is a chance to meet someone special, someone who will change your life in game. I never lose hope of that. So if other people want to focus on gear farming and stats, that is cool - but if you have even ONE good friend who will help you in Mirage or Polaris, or wherever you are... it will make your game more enjoyable. How can it not? So for those of you with "no friends", I ask you, what is stopping you from putting yourself out there and trying to talk to people? Stop with the soloing for just a few days, try to talk to others, see what happens! Prove me wrong!
Regarding DM gear, I think it is needed, not "an optional thing". I have some DM gear, but certainly not the best tier gear by far. I have only done DM twice. EVER. This was pre nerf. It was not easy, it was very stressful. But at least I have some of the items to keep forever. I just wanted to say that Mirage is an amazing place and I thank KI for all they do for us. I love meeting new people. I love helping others. I also read up on things. And I am not afraid to ask for help when needed. Best of luck to all.

Autumn

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
My apologies if it seemed condescending. I truly do prefer that you step up, rather than stay in the lower levels, but it is your choice. Darkmoor is not so hard with the right strategy. It is not so hard to learn it, if you don't already know it. Not hard at all, a mere web search away and 5 minutes of your time.I have helped even waterworks geared wizards beat it in an hour with strategy. If you choose to not use strategy, then Darkmoor is not for you, and probably not Mirage. That is what I mean when I say step up. Which you Can do, I know you can. There are so many friendly players in the game that are willing to help. If you really wanted to work on getting a good pet, its not so hard to get that either. Trying a web search there wouldn't be a bad idea either. You really have no excuse other than I didn't feel like trying very hard. That's really not a good reason to ruin it for players like me that were willing to learn the strategies and put forth the effort.
Amber
My sister with her learning disorder CANNOT step up. Saying that we should stay in lower level worlds is unfair, we should be able to progress in the game just like anyone else.

We don't want easy content all around, we want the main story quests accessible to players of all types.

Look at World of Warcraft, the most successful of them all. Anyone can go through the world and defeat it. Then you have dungeons, which are more of a challenge and give better rewards. Then there are the heroic dungeons, which are even more difficult and have even better rewards. Then you have the raids. Which again, are more difficult and have better rewards. Any type of player can play the game and enjoy it because there is content for everyone. Casual players (or people who are less skilled at games than others) are not forced to miss out on new content.

Survivor
May 12, 2016
There have been 3 of my family members leave w101 because of the same thing. When you orient your game play around family (As in family friendly) but family leaves. The game loses a lot for some of us. I'm the last one standing.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Heuna on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
My sister with her learning disorder CANNOT step up. Saying that we should stay in lower level worlds is unfair, we should be able to progress in the game just like anyone else.

We don't want easy content all around, we want the main story quests accessible to players of all types.

Look at World of Warcraft, the most successful of them all. Anyone can go through the world and defeat it. Then you have dungeons, which are more of a challenge and give better rewards. Then there are the heroic dungeons, which are even more difficult and have even better rewards. Then you have the raids. Which again, are more difficult and have better rewards. Any type of player can play the game and enjoy it because there is content for everyone. Casual players (or people who are less skilled at games than others) are not forced to miss out on new content.
Not just just WoW has that type of questing. A hardcore Korean MMORPG that I play that is rated M also has soloable questing. This game also practically hands you your first tier max level gear from running a fairly simple SOLOABLE dungeon (no cheats). All thru the game suitable gear to get thru story line is dropped automatically as you quest. Now after you complete the story, the game really opens up for the hardcore players, with harder and harder dungeons and a new 30 person raid. These of course drop better gear and other desirable items.

If these more hardcore games can do this and keep their players happy (just look at how long WoW has been out there), why can't W101 do the same thing? I think this just might be the easiest solution here. No need for KI to try to program in levels of difficulty which I admit might be a bigger undertaking than a lot of us think.

I believe its time for everyone to have to compromise. The hardcore are going to have to "suffer" thru easier content but with the promise of some awesomely super hard stuff at endgame, while the more average players are going to have to realize that they will be missing out on a lot of cool drops, etc. by not doing the hard stuff. Maybe KI can make more elixirs so higher level hardcore players can skip story line if its boring for them and go straight to what they consider the good stuff. That's what the Korean MMO does. This will only work tho if KI is willing to add new hard dungeons on a regular basis. The Korean MMO adds some about every 3 months or so. Anyway, just a thought.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Heuna on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:

precisely this; all we are asking is that the main arc content be doable by all, and i don't think we're asking much.

leave darkmoor and the like to the "hardcore" players; i don't want to be there any more than i have to/to get the quest off my books because i simply don't have time to treat this game like a job... i already work and go to school; i don't have hours to spend farming, even during winter break. there should definitely be a crafted alternative for those of us who can't or don't want to farm, so that we can have a chance in future worlds.

there are many different types of people who play this game: students, people with disabilities or medical conditions, and young children among them... why should we all have to "stay at the lower levels", as amber suggested?

i'm actually enjoying mirage, since i've been questing with brynnerofreign and black pearl over the holidays; now that school is over, our 4-hour time difference is a non-issue. but, when i head back to school in january, my membership will be inactive until my next break in april... at which point everyone i know will have already completed the world and i will have to solo it.

...would it really kill you if casual players can complete the worlds?

-von

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
giratina222 on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
Absolutely not! i did well over half of this world solo and the rest with team up towards the end, and i died maybe 2 times total! It is exactly where it needs to be. If casual players who reach level 110 don't want to be challenged then they should make a new wizard. not complain and dull down the end game content because some people hate effort.

level 120 been playing since game came out.
Hunter Battlecaster
Many people will agree with what you said, I would agree with what you said except for the fact that there are a lot of people out there that don't have the ability to make the world so easy for them. There are younger kids who can't work the game as well and there are people with maybe a disability that might get in the way of making the world Mirage simple for them.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
EmmalineWillowsong on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
I don't mind a challenge at all, however, the mob difficulty and the need to battle so many mobs in order to gain badges to acquire items from the faction vendors is making this a bit of a grind.

After farming Darkmoor with 4 characters to get the decent gear, I must say that experience and some of the elitist attitudes that I encountered there turned me off of the game a bit. It has been really nice to quest through Mirage with "casual" players who are collaborative and kind. I'm not trying to offend anyone and I apologize in advance if I have. It's just been refreshing to meet an entirely new group of players (outside of Darkmoor) who just seem (or seemed) to enjoy the game.

I agree with Vanessa, it would be a shame to exclude or alienate players who have long awaited an opportunity to quest again due to the difficulty of the mobs and little access to good gear. Again, I don't want battles handed to me on a silver platter, however, getting a 3k hit in the 2nd round is a bit much imo.

I want to be excited to get through the new world, which is beautiful and interesting, versus dreading having to grind my other 3 characters through here.
Emmaline,

Precisely. Thank Wu for the team-up function, or I wouldn't be trying Mirage at all. I've been lucky to team up with other casual players, and we're slogging along quite nicely. And I don't want, as you so perfectly stated, "battles handed to me on a silver platter" either.

Aesthetically, Mirage is lovely. I would love to see a cactus bear pet at some point, because those little NPCs are adorable. Not a mount, though; can you imagine how much that would hurt?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I am glad to see there are those who are at the top of their game advocate for those of us who are casual players.

No, I haven't started Mirage and at this point, I won't. I have a total of 12 wizards and I do dual box, but I am strictly a casual player. I will finish bringing up my remaining wizards of which the lowest levels are 58 in CL. I will take them all through Az at the very least and possibly through Polaris, but with the difficulty being posted by others who are better than I am, I won't waste any money or time trying to do Mirage in it's current state.

I have other things in real life that I can't and won't ignore to grind through a world that has catered to those who scream for harder content. Real life is a hard enough world to live in and this game has been one that I have enjoyed coming to just to forget about the day and not worry about tomorrow.

There are other games that are just as much fun and don't require you to grind and become frustrated....

Only time will tell at this point.

Will KI go back and take another look and PERHAPS actually play what they have created or will they just ignore those of us who have been here for years and are now being shunted aside???

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Those are some nice soap boxes you guys are standing on. However, I notice that no one says a word about the part where it takes very little effort to learn the strategies. Very very little.Personally, I like Duelist for my game tips, they break it down quite nicely. This is a family game after all, so the strategies are always pretty simple too. I am sure even a learning disabled child could, for instance, beat Yevgeny in under 5 rounds. As long as they can count to 5 and place some feints.For sure, my 6 year old could beat gold key Krampus, with the right strategy that is. It isn't really so much to ask, for a little challenge. Its easy to step up, and yes, I know you can.You had Polaris for your insanely too easy for a max world. Let Mirage be what it should be, a more difficult world than Khrysalis with more difficult bosses. It just makes sense.

Amber

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
Those are some nice soap boxes you guys are standing on. However, I notice that no one says a word about the part where it takes very little effort to learn the strategies. Very very little.Personally, I like Duelist for my game tips, they break it down quite nicely. This is a family game after all, so the strategies are always pretty simple too. I am sure even a learning disabled child could, for instance, beat Yevgeny in under 5 rounds. As long as they can count to 5 and place some feints.For sure, my 6 year old could beat gold key Krampus, with the right strategy that is. It isn't really so much to ask, for a little challenge. Its easy to step up, and yes, I know you can.You had Polaris for your insanely too easy for a max world. Let Mirage be what it should be, a more difficult world than Khrysalis with more difficult bosses. It just makes sense.

Amber
I agree.

None of my friends are hardcore, and we all have flawless runs in Darkmoor even though we don't all have the best gear. Why? Because we actually look up guides. The guides online are incredibly easy to follow, and they specifically say what to do every round. If the guide says that one person does three feints and then a blade, then those are the only cards that goes in that person's deck. Nothing else is added to mess the fight up.

Honestly, Kingsisle gives people so many solutions to challenging fights, yet people refuse to use them and just beg for a nerf instead. Aegis and Indemnity now even allow you to feint and blade when you normally are not supposed to, yet people still complain about the difficulty since they refuse to use those spells.

Same goes for Mirage. For the mob fights, we just blade and do our AOE. The fight is over in 3 rounds. As for the "cheating" bosses, there's so many ways to counter them.

Can't blade? Then enchant your blades with Aegis.
Can't feint? Then enchant the feint with Indemnity.
Can't Indemnity feint? Then use school specific traps.

These three things pretty much go over how to defeat every boss in Mirage, yet rather than learn how to properly counter these bosses and use these strategies, I just see people complain and beg for a nerf. I'm sorry that this world isn't a walk in the park with joke bosses that require literally no effort to beat like Polaris was, but it is the highest level world out currently, and people should be knowledgeable of what spells to actually use at this point.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Amber
if you have lots of time, friends, and the best of everything, of course it's "simple". however, there are some cheats that require a team in order to counter and, for some of us, that's not always an option.

team up is great if you play during peak hours. or, if you have lots of friends in your time zone, i'm sure it's a non-issue. i'm 2-4 hours ahead of most of my friends, and i can't play during the year because i can't and won't ignore the research papers that command my attention... i simply don't have time to farm for the best of everything, and i shouldn't have to, nor should i need a team to complete main arc stuff.

cheats do not belong in the main storyline. if ki wants to spit out cheat dungeons with elite gear for the hardcore players to have their "challenges", i will support that. but those of us who just want to shut our brains off after a hard day should be able to do that too.

if i can't immediately figure out what the cheat is on my own, i go to central or duelist101. but the fact is that we shouldn't *have* to research every single battle~ a game should be fun, not more work.

-von

Defender
Aug 25, 2014

Amber
You obviously don't understand the different disabilities people can have and how they differ from person to person. Please refrain from making assumptions about something you do not understand.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Amber
Soap Boxes???

Not everyone thinks or evaluates the same way... If we did, it would be a very dull world.

However, Yes, this is a family game and when kids get to a point it is no longer the fun game they started playing and is making them work with NUMBERS of which they do everyday in school, many are going to quit. They will pay attention to certain aspects such as damage, crit, block and buffing up to a point but they and the casual players want fun and relaxation. NOT grind.

Not everyone is going to go to Duelist or other links that may give them the strategy that many like you use. I do check out the recommendations and even then It doesn't always work for me. I did a lot of solo with my life wizard with little help from anyone for the bulk of the game. I now dual box, but even then, it isn't always fun. I don't have the best gear in the game and I refuse to spend hours or weeks trying to farm the same boss or dungeon just to get one piece. WW used to be one that a wizard could get all their gear within about 10 runs at the most. Now it takes more than it is worth. I still have 6 wizards to run through WW but it will only be to get it out of my logs. The Crafted level 56-58 gear in WT is better anyway.

You keep saying to "step up". You don't know whether some one can step up to your expectations and it is wrong to make them feel bad because maybe they can't. It was fine for KI to put the hardcore challenges in side quests but it is wrong to make a world that just a mob can take out a wizard or whole team with ONE critical hit with 9,000 health (DOUBLE) what was in the previous world for the most part. Khrysalis mobs average health of 3,450 to 4,650. Polaris mobs average health 3,100 to 4,300. Playable and not overbearing.

It doesn't make sense to make a world that a player has to climb a cliff or span a gorge to play. This is where everyone should be on equal footing as for being able to play. If casual players can't play, they quit.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013

Amber
I don't think it's been mentioned before because I don't think learning the strategies is the problem. Like I mentioned earlier, I run a helping group that assists with difficult areas. Most of the time our clients actually do know the strategies, but what is stopping them is ...
  1. They can't find a group.
  2. They fail in team-up because the randoms they go in with refuse to listen.
  3. They don't have the stats to survive long enough to kill the enemies.

Knowledge is power, yes - but it's hard to use that power when some people don't have the means to put it into action.

For those struggling with The Rat, Mirage, or difficult instances in general, here is a link to the helping group I'm talking about (Mercenaries101). We're not open for Mirage yet (most of us haven't completed it yet), but we'll post on the announcement thread when we are. We'd be happy to help you out. :)

And, I've posted these on the Message Boards in a different thread, but I'll put them here too. Guides to Baron Hairkonnen, the Sands of Time, and the final battle:

I hope those two resources help you guys out. In the meantime, if you're struggling with something in particular, don't be afraid to let me know and I'll see if I can do some testing and make a guide.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
This definitely needs to happen. I got one shot from a Ra, from the beginning of Mirage with 6k health. It critical-ed, had 3 different blades, and it had a lot of pierce. It's really overpowered and it needs to be tone down.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011

Amber
Easier said than done in terms of strategy knowledge. It isn't as simple as you may think. I think another main problem is that the mobs and bosses got harder and the gear stayed the same. Of course, I might be wrong about the main problem the world is hard since I didn't find it that difficult but I can see how someone could find it difficult. Also, to be honest, people with learning dissabilities can't learn the strategies as well as others so really, it is quite hard.