Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a change for forest lord

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
every 58 spell has a side effect

it is underated... i fully understand it's life's first damaging aoe...but
fire, rain of fire: dot
ice, snow angel:dot
storm, siren: accuracy drops and disarms
death, skeleton dragon: dot
myth,orthous: 2 hitter
balance, power nova: aoe weakness
life, forest lord: ?

maybe have it drop a aoe healing+ ward on your team?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
camahawk on Nov 25, 2016 wrote:
every 58 spell has a side effect

it is underated... i fully understand it's life's first damaging aoe...but
fire, rain of fire: dot
ice, snow angel:dot
storm, siren: accuracy drops and disarms
death, skeleton dragon: dot
myth,orthous: 2 hitter
balance, power nova: aoe weakness
life, forest lord: ?

maybe have it drop a aoe healing+ ward on your team?
I think you got the level 48, 58, and 68 spells jumbled together. These are the actual level 58 spells and their side effects:

- Efreet, -90% Weakness.
- Snow Angel, Taunt and DoT.
- Leviathan, Remove 2 +Charms.
- Skeletal Dragon, DoT.
- Medusa, 2-Round Stun.
- Ra, No Side Effects.
- Forest Lord, No Side Effects.

So, Life isn't the only one to get a spell without side effects at level 58, but I agree that some flair could be added to Forest Lord and Ra. Maybe Ra could get 5 or 10 more damage either side, just to put it closer to Snow Angel. And maybe Forest Lord could be a tad more Enraged and add a +20/25% trap to all enemies for a little less damage?

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
I think you got the level 48, 58, and 68 spells jumbled together. These are the actual level 58 spells and their side effects:

- Efreet, -90% Weakness.
- Skeletal Dragon, DoT.
- Medusa, 2-Round Stun.
- Ra, No Side Effects.

So, Life isn't the only one to get a spell without side effects at level 58, but I agree that some flair could be added to Forest Lord and Ra. Maybe Ra could get 5 or 10 more damage either side, just to put it closer to Snow Angel. And maybe Forest Lord could be a tad more Enraged and add a +20/25% trap to all enemies for a little less damage?
True. Despite the fact that Forest Lord is the only all round spell up until level 108+. They should make it a bit more powerful.

Here is my idea for Ra.

Ra
Same overall stats

2 -25% accuracy debuff's to enemy.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Epic Mrman67 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
True. Despite the fact that Forest Lord is the only all round spell up until level 108+. They should make it a bit more powerful.

Here is my idea for Ra.

Ra
Same overall stats

2 -25% accuracy debuff's to enemy.
I'm sorry, but I really don't like this idea. It's just a somewhat enhanced Power Nova, which we got only 10 levels prior. Granted, it might not be a damage debuff, but compare Power Nova, damage+debuff to all, to your idea for Ra, damage+2 debuffs to all. Not very imaginative. Recently, I did think some kind of self/allies aspect could be added to it. Like a 10% Bladestorm, or 20% Legion Shield, or just a simple Savage Paw 25% blade to self. Although, then again, these spells have been in game for ~5 years and I don't think they're likely to be changed at all.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:

- Efreet, -90% Weakness.
- Skeletal Dragon, DoT.
- Medusa, 2-Round Stun.
- Ra, No Side Effects.

i only ran ice through the game, so based em off my memory of what spell goes where... thanks for the clarification

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
want to bring this post back into daylight....

forest lord is life's only damaging AoE till 108.. and yet is outclassed by every other school.... sure Ra is under the same boat as Forest Lord with no side effects, but you also have the blades to boost, Sandstorm and Power Nova you can flop though.... and yes Death is the same as life with no damaging AoE... but ScareCrow has a side effect..... simple idea to add... there is an infection trap spell, how about Forest Lord casts a +25 AoE Healing trap... or puts a +50 Life Blade on the caster.... nothing super over powered.... but something that'll make it shine again

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
camahawk on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
want to bring this post back into daylight....

forest lord is life's only damaging AoE till 108.. and yet is outclassed by every other school.... sure Ra is under the same boat as Forest Lord with no side effects, but you also have the blades to boost, Sandstorm and Power Nova you can flop though.... and yes Death is the same as life with no damaging AoE... but ScareCrow has a side effect..... simple idea to add... there is an infection trap spell, how about Forest Lord casts a +25 AoE Healing trap... or puts a +50 Life Blade on the caster.... nothing super over powered.... but something that'll make it shine again
Scarecrow is a drain, but has no other side effect. In fact, the only spell in the game (that I can recall) with an 'infection trap' is Lord of Knight. But my Death, currently not very far into Marleybone, has yet to experience difficulty while soloing. Likely due to the power of Ghoul and Vampire keeping her alive until she has the pips to take out any other enemies. Life has similar mechanics, with lots of heals, but the game is either harder or slower for them. I like the idea of a Guiding Light or Lifeblade buff as a side effect for Forest Lord though, it helps speed up the game for them, but the Forest Lord animation doesn't help too much.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't understand why players are wanting to change how our spells work. Last week, someone wanted Fire Dragon buffed up. Now, a side effect for Forest Lord. I have wizards in all schools and the spells are designed in a specific way per school. My main school is Life and I have NO problem with Forest Lord not having a side effect and the fact that it is an AoE is just fine. Some life spells do have a side effect and making all of them to have side effects just isn't practical.

If you want to change something, Let's take all those side effects away and see how long that lasts. I have Snow Angel which I rarely use, but I really dislike "Taunt", so let's remove that ok? Taunt is one of the most annoying side effects of any spell I can think of. I use Frost Giant most of the time and Frostbite occasionally and Blizzard with a rare Colossus.

If you start changing how our spells work, and whether they have side effects or not, somewhere down the line, they won't work as they should. Leave the current spells alone. They don't need to be changed.

@camahawk, since you have only taken Ice through, try taking life through. You will appreciate just how life spells work.

@Blaze Sandblade, my life wizard did a lot of solo through the game except for certain dungeons. How hard or slow the game is for life wizards depends on the player. You can either make it hard by not learning how to play life or you can make it fun and use the spells and buffs to your advantage. No, I don't have the best gear, in fact, mine is crafted from ZF and AV. I have run through the entire world of AZ twice, the second time as support with my Fire on second account and have not received the Potent Trap which stops her from being able to craft from that point on.

I have pets that give a Lifeblade, balance blades, and a couple that have Guiding light so I don't need it as a side effect from a spell. We also have Sharpened blade and TC Blades. Just learn how to use them to your advantage.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand why players are wanting to change how our spells work. Last week, someone wanted Fire Dragon buffed up. Now, a side effect for Forest Lord. I have wizards in all schools and the spells are designed in a specific way per school. My main school is Life and I have NO problem with Forest Lord not having a side effect and the fact that it is an AoE is just fine. Some life spells do have a side effect and making all of them to have side effects just isn't practical.

If you want to change something, Let's take all those side effects away and see how long that lasts. I have Snow Angel which I rarely use, but I really dislike "Taunt", so let's remove that ok? Taunt is one of the most annoying side effects of any spell I can think of. I use Frost Giant most of the time and Frostbite occasionally and Blizzard with a rare Colossus.

If you start changing how our spells work, and whether they have side effects or not, somewhere down the line, they won't work as they should. Leave the current spells alone. They don't need to be changed.

@camahawk, since you have only taken Ice through, try taking life through. You will appreciate just how life spells work.

@Blaze Sandblade, my life wizard did a lot of solo through the game except for certain dungeons. How hard or slow the game is for life wizards depends on the player. You can either make it hard by not learning how to play life or you can make it fun and use the spells and buffs to your advantage. No, I don't have the best gear, in fact, mine is crafted from ZF and AV. I have run through the entire world of AZ twice, the second time as support with my Fire on second account and have not received the Potent Trap which stops her from being able to craft from that point on.

I have pets that give a Lifeblade, balance blades, and a couple that have Guiding light so I don't need it as a side effect from a spell. We also have Sharpened blade and TC Blades. Just learn how to use them to your advantage.
i have played life, and other schools, just as of WIZARDs i played i played ice

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:

Well Said :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
camahawk on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
i have played life, and other schools, just as of WIZARDs i played i played ice
i only ran ice through the game, so based em off my memory of what spell goes where... thanks for the clarification

Then how do you explain this comment if you have played other schools.

The Spirit schools are a subtle in their spells and not casting a lot of Flare. The Flare for life comes from the healing spells being cast but until life gets King Artorius, which has some flare when the spell is cast, most life spells don't flash and that is perfectly fine.

The Elemental schools have the Flare and Flash and it shows. Fire and Storm a little more so than Ice for most spells but they also depict what they do in real life.

Balance is an all round school that can support but can also go on its own. My balance when running solo, has a Death Mastery Amulet in her backpack and keeps Scarecrow in side board as well as Death spells in main deck depending on what I am going up against. With that and her own heals, she is usually fairly well set.

Forest Lord is just fine as it is. If your life is running support, you would do good to keep a buffed Forest Lord in hand. How you play life and how you use Forest Lord is up to you but that spell doesn't need any side effects.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Star Edward on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
Well Said :)

Thank You. :)

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
DragonLady1818 on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:

Then how do you explain this comment if you have played other schools.

The Spirit schools are a subtle in their spells and not casting a lot of Flare. The Flare for life comes from the healing spells being cast but until life gets King Artorius, which has some flare when the spell is cast, most life spells don't flash and that is perfectly fine.

The Elemental schools have the Flare and Flash and it shows. Fire and Storm a little more so than Ice for most spells but they also depict what they do in real life.

Balance is an all round school that can support but can also go on its own. My balance when running solo, has a Death Mastery Amulet in her backpack and keeps Scarecrow in side board as well as Death spells in main deck depending on what I am going up against. With that and her own heals, she is usually fairly well set.

Forest Lord is just fine as it is. If your life is running support, you would do good to keep a buffed Forest Lord in hand. How you play life and how you use Forest Lord is up to you but that spell doesn't need any side effects.
because Ice is my main sitting in khrysalis, i have a life, balance, storm and fire, ranging through mooshu to clestia.... and it's your opinion that forest lord shouldnt change i respect that, like my opinion is it should give smething to be benefit since it's your own aoe till lvl 108 when you get swan.... because of that special word, opinion... or make another aoe, because only thing viable is the Morganathe card from jewel packs.....

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
camahawk on Dec 21, 2016 wrote:
because Ice is my main sitting in khrysalis, i have a life, balance, storm and fire, ranging through mooshu to clestia.... and it's your opinion that forest lord shouldnt change i respect that, like my opinion is it should give smething to be benefit since it's your own aoe till lvl 108 when you get swan.... because of that special word, opinion... or make another aoe, because only thing viable is the Morganathe card from jewel packs.....
My main is Life and she is also sitting in Khrysalis.

I use Forest Lord quite often and have found no need for anything else to be added to that spell. I already have all the other spells you mentioned and pets that can give me the same as well as 2 balance blades and Life blade and guiding light so why do we need more of the same spells?

If we are going to make all the spells have some sort of side effect, I don't see the point in going any further. I am aware it is the first and only AoE Life wizards get but be thankful we got it.

I just don't see that Forest Lord needs anything added to it and there is always the risk of it not working correctly if KI attempts to make the kind of change you suggest.

Have you ever had one of your own spells backfire on you? I have and so have a few others. Thankfully, it was fixed but I would really hate to use Forest Lord with something new added and have it backfire on a full team.