Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets And How To Get The Best Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
Hey fellow Wiz people, i have been trying to get a good storm pet with good talents, (crit. damage, defense, or a may cast) but every time i either get some life, mana stuff i really don't want. If someone could fill me in on how to get these pet talents, i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Breeding your best pets together and hoping that the offspring inherits the good talents. Then keep doing that. Or just be extremely lucky when getting your pet. I think someone on the forum mentioned that pet talents are decided as soon as it's an egg. So yeah: breeding, hope, and luck.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Hatch with a pet that has the talents you want. Train the baby to adult. Hatch again. When you get a pet to adult with 2 talents you like, use it as a base to go to 3 good talents at ancient, then 4 at epic. "Perfect" pets usually come through gradual improvement.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Gemma Luna on Nov 2, 2016 wrote:
Hatch with a pet that has the talents you want. Train the baby to adult. Hatch again. When you get a pet to adult with 2 talents you like, use it as a base to go to 3 good talents at ancient, then 4 at epic. "Perfect" pets usually come through gradual improvement.
How long would you say it takes to train a pet to adult, roughly in hours I guess, since not everyone plays the same amount per day or as often?

I'm genuinely curious but I'd love to hear personal experience stories, if possible. It seems like I spend time in the Pet Pavilion but the pets are still at zero afterward (Maybe I'm not spending as long there as I need to. I haven't been at all for a while as I feel stymied.)

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
SparkleTude on Nov 3, 2016 wrote:
How long would you say it takes to train a pet to adult, roughly in hours I guess, since not everyone plays the same amount per day or as often?

I'm genuinely curious but I'd love to hear personal experience stories, if possible. It seems like I spend time in the Pet Pavilion but the pets are still at zero afterward (Maybe I'm not spending as long there as I need to. I haven't been at all for a while as I feel stymied.)
I would say to get a pet to adult for me it takes maybe ten minutes or less. If you have mega pet snacks it doesn't take long. Now for my pet experiences.... not the best. It takes me a really really really long time to make the pet I want to make or at least something close to it because for some reason on every pet I get, no matter what wizard... for some reason it will always get a critical talent.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
Thanks for the information on hatching pets, it helped a lot.

As for pet training, i usually just use the rest of my pet energy (after i take care of my plants) every time i log on. And every time i log off, i equip my clothes that give me extra pet energy, so the next time i log on i have even more pet energy.

As for the time it takes for a pet to go from baby to adult, its hard to tell. Some people can zip through a game and get 4 out of 4 points quickly, and have pretty good snacks to feed their pets. It really depends on the wizard.